It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official 2012 FBI Gun Sale Total Numbers Are In! Up 39% Nationally!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
I think this speaks volumes on how the American public feels about the second amendment!!! Keep buying America!!!!

I wonder if people are really buying these guns because of a genuine mistrust in the government? Are they even conscious of the 2nd Amendment and it's purpose?

..because what I have seen is blind trust and ignorance, for the most part, from the majority of the people. Maybe they just want dem guns before they can't buy dem no mo.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nOraKat

As a reloader, the ammunition component shortages is what worries me. They are not new but without ammo, a firearm is not much good.

And I do not reload anything weird. I stick with common calibers and loads to avoid high costs. Even the most common components are hard to find. Especially when DHS is purchasing a gazillion rounds of everything. Who do you think will get priority of shipping from the manufacturer: me paying a percent or two profit or the government paying 10, 20, or more percent profit?

I feel this is the back door to the firearms issue for Uncle Sam. Legislation for gun control may be tough sledding but ammunition? Who thinks about that?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hey what can we say about this, why not go the Mexican route (if you thought banning knives was bad wait to you see this bad boy). And just ban toy guns while your at, because we all know that small parts are dangerous for children, with the dumbing down of everyone the adults might choke as well....... I can see it now the reality of The Christmas Story happening, "You'll shoot your eye out!" or Nerf sent kid to the hospital with an eye infection. What's next banning children making a gun sign with their hands, with the whole attacking people with their fists and such that may not be too far off.... (I still can't believe what I read wow....)

www.breitbart.com...

abcnews.go.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nOraKat

Originally posted by GuidedKill
I think this speaks volumes on how the American public feels about the second amendment!!! Keep buying America!!!!

I wonder if people are really buying these guns because of a genuine mistrust in the government? Are they even conscious of the 2nd Amendment and it's purpose?

..because what I have seen is blind trust and ignorance, for the most part, from the majority of the people. Maybe they just want dem guns before they can't buy dem no mo.

That's actually my train of thought too; smoke em if you got em.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I always get a good chuckle at American paranoia. Most free country in the world, not even close. Kind of sad Americans think they need a gun to guarantee their freedom, this is no longer a great country.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think I have tested or purchased every high cap mag for the 10/22 that is out there. I have this to say, I spend more time with feed issue of these mags for the 10/22 then it would take to just switch one of the standard 10 round mags. This gun does not do well with high cap mags in my considerable experience.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

Hmm.. The two Butler Creek ones I'm using feed fine most of the time. It does make a different though with the slight movement it has forward or rear in the magazine well. Slight pressure back helps it feed smooth. I wouldn't use them on anything but range firing or plinking though. I'll agree there. The standard 10rd feed is basically 100%. True enough.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I had not tried the wiggle and jiggle approach. I have both hands on the firearm and not on the mag for the most part. They fail just too often and I can switch the 10 round mags pretty quick so why bother. As far as weapons goes this is one is not used to hold the breach in the firing line so 10 rounds is enough for most applications.

If you use subsonic 60 grain 22 ammunition the 10/22 can deliver a fairly large round quietly up to 100 meters. A 1:9 twist bull barrel will give it a stable flight but the feed problems of high cap mags for this model can leave you with a target unresolved for the time on target allowed for the given mission parameters.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Keep buying cars and going to doctors. So what if cars and doctors kill more people then all other causes combined every year...

Yes, cars and doctors do kill a lot of people. They should probably be better regulated as well, but that has nothing to do with regulating guns.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
reply to post by hawkiye

Keep buying cars and going to doctors. So what if cars and doctors kill more people then all other causes combined every year...

Yes, cars and doctors do kill a lot of people. They should probably be better regulated as well, but that has nothing to do with regulating guns.

So the fact that cars and doctors are hundreds of times more dangerous then guns which are only 1.5 percent of the deaths putting gun related deaths into perspective exposing the irrational fear of guns and the agenda to ban them for reasons other then safety has nothing to do with guns? Yeah OK buddy... make non-nonsensical emotional arguments much do ya?

edit on 12-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Absolutely correct. It is our freedoms that made this country great. The more we give up our rights, the more we become like all the previous failures in history, and the more rampant government corruption becomes. You can already see it in this obscene debt that has been placed on the tax payers backs. It is lowering our standard of living at an exponential rate, and rewarding those that screwed us.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is crazy. The gun shows sold out, our local gun stores sold out. Everything is on back order..... I finally am able to buy something I wanted and every place is SOLD OUT!!!!!

How long is it gonna take before I can purchase?? Nobody can give me an answer except to check back in a few weeks......

I know this is panic mode buying at its finest....Nice thread

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Can you walk and chew gum at the same time? Yes, something should be done about cars and doctors. But I am personally tired of people being slaughtered en masse with assault weapons on an almost daily basis, no matter how statistically minimal you may find that. I care about my own life, thank you. I also drive carefully and pick my doctors well.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Sestias because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
reply to post by hawkiye

Can you walk and chew gum at the same time? Yes, something should be done about cars and doctors. But I am personally tired of people being slaughtered en masse with assault weapons on an almost daily basis, no matter how statistically minimal you may find that. I care about my own life, thank you. I also drive carefully and pick my doctors well.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Sestias because: (no reason given)

So because I am not an emotional midget who gets all worked up over media hype and understands that there are hundreds of things exponentially more dangerous in society then guns and chose to see where the greater dangers in society reside I am insulted by you? Also because some idiot decides to commit a crime we should all act like pea brained emotional midgets and irrationally relinquish our rights and protection to appease the idiocy of illogical irrational gun banners?

No I think not!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If people won't stop buying guns even with talk of a ban then Obama will have to ban public assemblies and stop them from talking about opposing his dictates. No guns, no free speech for you!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join