It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official 2012 FBI Gun Sale Total Numbers Are In! Up 39% Nationally!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
reply to post by Honor93

Don't worry Honor93 the people in the know will kick it Pakastani style when they ban the guns.

Seen this: DIY AK from a shovel

Better ban assault shovels.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Allot of work went into the posting of this thread; gathering varied sources etc etc. I for one want to thank you... A star and flag for your this post and your effort/thoughts..... if we ever cross paths I will buy you a drink of your choice. Salute

It makes me feel good (it's a personal thing) the American people are voting with their wallets instead of "over the top" B.S. on MSN..People can actually think for themselves on occasion.

edit on 5-1-2013 by 727Sky because: msn

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It that +39% long guns too? I would think the number should be more like the hundreds of percent up.
Because every gun shop and online vendor is sold out of every AR upper, lower, complete gun, everywhere.
t is really quite astonishing. I am sure we will see a boomerang though, as many many people realize they over-bought, and a lot of AR stuff starts flowing back to pawn shops, gun shops, and personal sales.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
DHS - buys 450millin 40 caliber rounds - buying in bulk to save tax payer dollars.

source

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Prices are going through the roof! I was thinking about selling/trading a Colt 38 Super Auto Combat Commander [not the lite weight] and looked up the going prices.

Price was around $600, now the lowest I could find [and this was for the lite weight] was $900. Found one on gunsamerica that's almost $1100 and some that are like mine are going for close to $2000. I'll be waiting a while before any new purchases. The panic will be over and prices will go back to normal.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wait what?

The punidts on tv tell me people are sceered of guns and they want them banned of course the facts say otherwise.

Quite a shame I have to come to ats to get the real deal.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

There is a public in very determined movement to purchase everything they've 'meant to buy' and never got around to. I believe we see a public in something just shy of a panic mode for buying.

Yes, this report supports what I’ve seen here in Texas.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

I'll be waiting a while before any new purchases. The panic will be over and prices will go back to normal.

That depends on what you’re trying to purchase. If you are looking for an assault rifle, pistol grip shotgun or high cap magazines the prices won’t be coming down once congress has its way.

I am very fortunate to have been stocking up long before the panic set in. Lets just say....Christmas was GOOOOD!

edit on 5-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
It that +39% long guns too? I would think the number should be more like the hundreds of percent up.
Because every gun shop and online vendor is sold out of every AR upper, lower, complete gun, everywhere.
t is really quite astonishing. I am sure we will see a boomerang though, as many many people realize they over-bought, and a lot of AR stuff starts flowing back to pawn shops, gun shops, and personal sales.

It depends on what kind of law they pass if at all. if they pass something that bans certain aspects of so called assault rifles or more most will not be selling them back.

edit on 5-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

AHA! This has all been a ploy to boost our economy then flip the switch that turns us into godless killing machines.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

that is seriously one of the coolest things i have ever seen thank you for that i needed a smile today sorry for off topic but wow i didnt even think such things were possible

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

The government is pushing its limits...eventually, they'll push too far. We are many, they are few, do they really want to test us?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
. People are more than nervous. People are scared. The numbers reflect it. This rush of buying is happening at a time when the economy is rough. Unemployment is climbing back up as indicated in other headlines today and a good % of our nation is financially hurting. The ability to "find a way" to buy this much, this fast, is sobering and should stand as the ultimate American Opinion Poll,

They see the handwriting on the wall.
They aren't scared so much as resigned to what's coming.

I don't think so, we've seen it time and again. If sales merely of large clip guns and large clips themselves, etc., which seem to be threatened were the only sales going up, I might agree. This is across the board, and the same thing has been repeated many times. Guns aren't going away, we're simply going to see more regulation. Yes, people are afraid they'll never get to buy a gun, but if they were around for the last 8-10 panics over the past 30 years, they would know better.

I'm buying mine when the hype dies down.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rock427

Oh, they've already pushed too far. MUCH too far.

This past election? Ron Paul had pathetic and downright sad turnouts of people for the Caucuses....the ONLY place that means anything for the process that a citizen can have an impact. His rallies would have 1000+ people and the Caucus? Maybe a couple dozen...in *MOST* cases. Pathetic is the nicest word I can use to describe the "rally supporters" who I'd just as soon see stay home entirely if that's all they figure they are capable of doing.

The next time though? Oh, they've already pissed off more people in the last 6 weeks that I think they had most of the last 4 years. Every week..new outrages. Every week..more people awake and more people PISSED. This is the kind of anger that doesn't fade and won't go away. The sales show that. Money talks and here it's screaming so loud Obama and the Dems ought to be half deaf by now. Instead, they are vowing ever MORE gun control almost by the DAY.

If dozens showed up this election? THOUSANDS will be there next one. Dem and Repub party bosses both ought to take notice.....Those traditionally "private parties" they enjoy to load the system with their hand picks for from the county level up are going to be anything BUT private...and IF we make it to free elections in 4 years at all, I believe those bosses on BOTH sides will find their minions are outnumbered so dramatically, even they can't play at cheating it.

....and some like me are spending the next 4 years with whatever time is available outside life's requirements to insure that IS the case at the local levels we each can influence. NEVER AGAIN should be the cry from the 2012 farce. NEVER AGAIN. ......because what's happening right now is what we get when we don't even bother to show up.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
waiting for
the panic buying
to stop

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Gun sales have steadily climbed, i recall the tail end of 2011 being a banner year where they were posting record numbers of NCIC checks in the last three months of the year, its no surprise that 2012 blew previous numbers completely out of the water; tragedy has set congress to salivating over making more money for the prison system tycoons and a lame duck president generally is a recipe for bad things. What really gets my goat is the price jump, its gone up enough that I've had to suspend monthly trips to the range because I cannot afford to expend what ammo I have because i would pay twice the price to restock after even a moderate session at the firing line.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I had the opportunity to go to a gun show today. What would normally be considered as a 15 minute wait soon became a 2 hour wait just to get into the show. The doors opened at 9am and I got in line no later than 9:20; I had to wait for a good 30 minutes. When I left the show, the line was the farthest anybody has ever seen.

All of the above being said, EVERYONE is preparing for what might come to be. All of the prices were absolutely insane. Under normal conditions, AR's would sell between $900 to $1200 depending on which model I was looking at; however, in the present, most of the AR's were being sold averaged around $2400. Most of the vendors didn't put price tags on the AR's because they were afraid to post a price for all to see.

The magazines that were posted earlier in this topic were being sold for $75 each minimum at the show. I looked at every single booth looking for one with a reasonable price since I'd like to buy a few for my 10/22. Unfortunately for me, 9/10 of those magazines were sold out in the first few hours of the weekend long show.

The place was so crowded that an announcement came over the loud speaker at the fairgrounds telling people if they were to leave at that moment due to overcrowding, that the fairgrounds could either give the people their money back or allowed them to be admitted entrance to the show the following day.

In summary, citizens are either increasing or modifying their arsenal and are not taking any chances whatsoever. If the government would try to disarm the population in any way shape or form, there would be extreme hostility.

By the way, I had only seen 3 on-duty cops during the entire show. At that moment, it was the safest place in America

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Oh yeah.

Keep buying those guns.

So what if a few thousand kids get shot every year?

(Note: This is sarcasm).

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
Oh yeah.

Keep buying those guns.

Keep buying cars and going to doctors. So what if cars and doctors kill more people then all other causes combined every year...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by Sestias
Oh yeah.

Keep buying those guns.

Keep buying cars and going to doctors. So what if cars and doctors kill more people then all other causes combined every year...

I worked for a Doctors Group, and they had their own Pharmacy, its all a Business 110% ask a Pharmacist if they will take their own pills they sell , they will tell you NO. I dont trust doctors.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join