It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thread is an absolute gem for ATS, it wasn't even noticed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Here's an interesting thought.

I have the book posted on Facebook and now on ATS as well. On which site do you reckon I will cop more abuse and which one will get the most views?

Its also interesting that I had people from ATS use that link to the Facebook page more than people on Facebook using my links to ATS pages.

My conclusion is that ATSers do use Facebook, I am more likely to get views through ATS, but I will also cop more abuse from here as well.

I've already said that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and yours is yours alone.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

You got me totally wrong, I am not looking for praise, I am only showing it to those who may be interested in it on ATS, which I am sure many are. I am also, not asking anything in return for my efforts except that those who are interested get a chance to view it before it gets dumped into obscurity.

I could have easily published it privately and sold copies for profit, but instead chose to share it for free. If you don't like it that's fine by me but don't go misjudging people when you don't know squat about them.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Where have I repeatedly spammed the thread? and some people are interested in reading it, but may not have had the opertunity if it wasn't noticed.

I've also read many Rant threads saying the same thing as me, so maybe they have a valid point.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

so just bump it every now and again.

You sound like the typical modern day poet.....

Sorry, but you are giving your book a bad image with this thread. I am actually kind of turned off from even looking at it now.

edit on 5-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I didn't even know you could bump a thread here. If your not interested in it then that's fine by me and I'm also not a poet and didn't write it, I'm an artist and I did the illustrations.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It is just proof in writing, that what was important to you, and whay YOU personally thought was such a "gem"...obviously was not. Otherwise? It would have stood the test. And dont write an books if you cant stand critics. (I am an author of 3 myself).

And moving out of "new threads" quickly...Ive believed other new threads were moving in as they do everyday...push the current and previous ones down the list and off completely.

Also, one lesson to learn is if any thread title has "GEM!" "PROOF" "FINALLY!" "MUST READ" "AT LAST!" "HERE WE GO GUYS!" "IMPORTANT!"...they ususally arent. Or when in ALL CAPS and a million exclamation points. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Ultimately, it teaches us all how to be pertinent and informative with a wide range of topics interesting for all members.

Im just sayin....going forward....good luck. MS

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

You authored three books but you can't even spell way properly, but I have not authored any, how many times do I have to say that. I am not a writer.

If you are an Author you might like to read the book it might give you some good ideas for your own books.

And I wont just sit back and take attacks from people who don't know what they are talking about, I am quite capable of reading and writing even though I'm not an author.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

I didn't even know you could bump a thread here

/bump

or

For those of you who have not seen this thread talking about how under appreciated another thread was

/bump

edit on 5-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Thanks for the info

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Just a small criticism, friend. Dont be so defensive. I have a 4th book published in London coming out in the UK 1st really soon. I care nothing about selling any of them here, nor publizing them further. I am not here for any of that. Its irrelevant.

I just try and help a few folks out here and there. Take it or leave it.

Good luck to you

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
OP. It doesn't matter if you've been reading here for ten years. Once you become a member, it's a whole new ballgame. Most everyone here has had failed threads. We get over it, and move on. Most of mine in fact, are failed threads. So do I need to chastise the staff and membership here? It's all their fault? Or just realize there are a number of factors at work. Including my own ineptness at times.

Hopefully you have taken notes, because you have been given some damn good advice and feedback in this thread. You won't get your ego cuddled around here, but you'll find plenty of members and staff are willing to take the time to help you, if you're willing to stop putting your fingers in your ears, and yelling, "La la la, I can't hear you."

Having said all that. Welcome to ATS. Stick around and get to know everyone. Don't sweat it, we all have bad days, and make mistakes. I've made enough mistakes, and had enough DUH moments for 10 members. But I do try to learn from them.

See you around the forums.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I read the entire thing. The illustrations are wonderful. The prose not so much.

If this is an unedited copy, perhaps the spelling errors are what prevented the publishing of your work.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

J
edit on 1/5/2013 by LadyJae because: grammar

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think it's time to put this thread to bed.
Say goodnight thread.

The topic of this thread shall remain open, to stand on it's own merits.
Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join