It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thread is an absolute gem for ATS, it wasn't even noticed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by R6A6W6
reply to post by Agarta

Your reply is rude, when was I rude except to trolls maybe? And I've been reading ATS for years even though I've only been a member for 6 months. I don't care what you think, controversy is controversial.

My comment was me telling you like it is. Apparently you can't handle the truth and consider it rude but trust me it was not. It was simply not beating around the bush I could have been rude and that is kind of my point. Do you think I have not had to deal with trolls? Like I said you have a lot to learn about how to communicate. Being rude and disrespectful is not a way to talk to anyone especially trolls because all you are doing is feeding them. If you have indeed been reading ATS for years you would already know all of this and wouldn't be acting like a child. As for caring what I think, do as you wish, that is the beauty of an open forum but when you continue to get negative replies and lack of replies to the work you do maybe you should stop and think about some things. And last but not least your comment there at the end about controversy, it seems to me that is what you are really looking for. It seems you want either praise or controversy. That is good to know, Thank you. What you didn't get is that I was trying to help you but it is obvious that it was above you comprehension and you missed the entire point of my post. Never mind sorry to interrupt.
edit on 5-1-2013 by Agarta because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Thank you as well. I appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

edit on 5-1-2013 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Let's crank up the civility here.
Please don't make me regret giving your original content a second chance.
Thank you.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I tried to give it a read, i guess just not my style, i personally believe
the things you had to say have been said before and in more appealing
ways, but there again literature like all arts is subjective. I do find it odd
that you think you can say what is/isn't great for ATS users, they tend
to enjoy deciding things for themselves........

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

This is a rant thread. I'm sorry if I got carried away, but its 40 degrees celcius here where I live and it did take a long time to upload the images and post the thread. So I apologize for sounding grumpy, but as far as beating up my own work goes I don't see why I shouldn't do that.

Everyone has their own opinion that's for sure and I respect that. If you don't like something I write you don't have to agree with it. As far as deciding whats good or not good for ATS, I just thought people might be able to see the conspiracy theories contained within it.

I'm beginning to feel sorry I even posted it in the first place now, as I'm not getting anything out of it, not that I want money either. And yes it is old but it is still relevant from an artistic point of view and for nostalgia.

I stated before that I was just simply ranting because I spent the time to post the thread only to find it had slipped off the new topics list before I even finished posting it. I also apologize if I offended anyone, I didn't mean to do that I was just replying to what I saw as personal attacks.

I'm a placid and reasonable person with a good sense of humor, but I don't take kindly to people attacking my personality. Not meaning you bloodreviara.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

I have some cheese that will go with your whine.

Also,to pat your ego I gave you a star. Feel better bro,you won't find acceptance on the internet all the time.

You have to go outside too.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Sorry if I overstepped the mark, I apologize for that. As I said in my last post above I am just ranting because we are in the middle of a heatwave. This is the best time of day for me to post in my country, whilst other countries may be asleep. And I was upset to see my thread disappear from new topics so quickly.

P.s I am now ignoring trolls
edit on 5-1-2013 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

I did come on strong with my post and I wanted to address your OP and have not, My apologies, so here it is.

This is a link to my newest thread www.abovetopsecret.com... I am not giving it to you to go and read but to give you and example of what I am talking about in this next explanation. I spent almost 2 and a half months researching for this thread and it took many hours to write and post from the editing the first image to adding all of the reference links as hyperlinks to wrapping the words around my other images. When I posted I didn't get the responses I was expecting and then nothing. They were sparse and long periods of time went by before another post was made. I gave up and went to bed. When I woke it was a totally different reaction and it has steadily grown and actually made the home page yesterday. It is no longer there but that is okay.

The point is that I posted it late at night and was bummed there were not that many responses and those that were made showed the posted had not even read the thread. Then BAM it took off. Give your thread some time to catch on and for people to be online. You see there are quite a few people on right now but what percentage do you think has the Literature forum as a favorite or even read it? Part of the issue is the forum you put it in like mentioned by other members. It is not a very popular one for sure in comparison to others.

Its about timing and placement just as much as it is about topic and presentation.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Thank you for your post, I understand what you are saying and I'm sorry for what I said to you before. Yes I did jump the gun in posting a rant thread, I should have waited.

Also I was asking the mods which category was best to post my thread in and they have said that Literature is the right category. Anyway that doesn't matter.

Everyone makes mistakes and I aint perfect, far from it

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Hey your all good with me cap'n, nothing wrong at all with putting something out
there for folks to read, ive read way way worse by the way just to be clear, it wasn't
bad it just didn't hook me like what i consider a really good read should, i have gone
into some threads and wondered what the people who wrote them were on because
it was so hard to follow, don't let the fact that some of us don't really like what you
posted discourage you, im sure there were some who did enjoy it, also for all
i know your next thread could be the best one ive ever read on here so please don't
stop authoring, more content is always better and original content more so
i would say.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
You should time your threads for when a lot of people are online, if you really want it to be seen.

For example:

I post most of my threads at 2 AM in the morning. Why? Because most of the members (who like to read some of my stuff) are on at that time, thus generating more flow into my thread.

If you time your thread to when a lot of members are on here though, your thread will be removed off the list faster (due to an increase of other threads).

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Maybe no-one wants to read it simply because your very first link goes to friggin' facebook, or it may be because your "book" appears to me as an incoherent attempt of some sort of poetry, which, in fact, does not appeal to me the least.

Just being honest here, buddy.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Did you ever stop to consider that we dont value the same thing that you value? Not to mention its a promotion for something you wrote or have interest in.

Also, you cant spam the same thread repeatedly.

I was just received a warning from Jak over this very thing:

Your have been warned 1 times. Warnings are recorded, and each individual warning expires in three days (72 hours) from the time it was applied. If forum staff continue to warn you and you gain 5 or more warnings, a temporary posting ban will be enforced automatically. Individual warnings carry a points penalty of 500 points which have been deducted from your ats board total.

15h.) Spamming: You will not Post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

Mine wasnt even a thread. I posted the same pic in different threads even though it was relevant and on topic.

edit on 5-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

why do anything "FOR PEOPLE" if what you want is THEIR praise?

Maybe some people are still reading it....

Anyways, your attitude is kind of lame. If you wanted people to praise you then just buy their praise with monetary compensation in the real world. It is worth just about as much as what you are seeking here.

Sorry OP. I think you needed to hear that and I am out of sugar.

edit on 5-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join