It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thread is an absolute gem for ATS, it wasn't even noticed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
BOOKS.. I can't even read...

Why do all the men in your book have wide hips and breasts though??

link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

You picked the wrong time to post.

This is usually the quiet time of day (The Americas are sleeping and the Brits are at work).

If you want to maximise the potential to gain attention, then I would suggest posting in about 6 - 10 hours.

edit on 4/1/2013 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

link   
I was going to read the original thread but after this one I will pass

Really? you make a thread a whole hour later berating us that no one read it lol
Please mods delete this thread.
edit on 4-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

No I don't expect you to do anything like that. But maybe you could try to extend the list so that it doesn't make things disappear so quickly. Also if most members were asleep they must be making threads in their sleep as well.

Threads remain on the page of new threads or on the front page based on views, stars, flags and replies. As your thread garnered hardly any, it would have fallen off the list just as quick. Nothing but particpation and accolades can assist your thread in being seen.

And maybe some people see the topic of Literature and put it in the boring category. Even though the book is a conspiracy theory in itself. That's why I ask where to post it?

You posted it in the most relevant forum. BTS gets far less traffic than ATS and the only other appropriate place would be back here, effectively shoving the thread farther down the list of interesting things to read.

I do apologize that you feel your thread deserved more attention, but that's just the way things go around here.

~Tenth

link   
I wonder which thread will score the most views lmao

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
ATS is to be taken seriously and also not. The trick is knowing when.
To be a member here since June is not long at all.

Above Top Secret is a news discussion forum created by Simon Gray in 1999 as a discussion board for conspiracy,[1] and a site for general information about conspiracy topic

en.wikipedia.org...

There are members who still post here from the early days, not often but now and then they speak up.
If you have something to say, hang around and find a way to say it, that people will hear. In the mean time maybe enjoy the site and learn some things. Don't take it so personal when a thread fails, all of us know how that feels.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hey guys. Give him a break!

I went and checked it out. It looks like he had put a lot of effort into it to share with the community. It's his and his friends own work. So I can understand how he may feel.

Don't worry OP, even if one person reads it, it was still worth the effort!

I thought it was great.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you for your reply and I understand what you are saying completely. Yes the thread of my book is very close to my own heart and therefore I get emotional about it.
edit on 4-1-2013 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Sometimes it can take many hours for threads to pick up. I authored a good thread once and it took 5 hours for members to pick up on it. Don't be discouraged.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I hear you OP. However, timing for max exposure of a thread is important.. as well as appealing subject matter. I made an awesome weaponized rabies or Ebola ( hell, even I forget... Its also on another ID so dont bother looking
) thread well before the zombie craze several yrs ago and.... belly flop. SO if they all become zombies from not fawning all over me and reading my priceless information..... I shall get my revenge! MUHAHA!

FOR all you AWESOME folks on this thread.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Sometimes it takes time for people to notice. It's a weekend. Everybody is probably out drinking.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by R6A6W6
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I've been a member for ages. Maybe you should do more reading and research

I had missed it and opened the link from this thread. I had intentions of reading it even though your OP seems like what a spoiled teenager would write not a 42 year old, the old benefit of a doubt thing and all. Then I chose to read the replies and how you interact with other members and frankly I find you rude and disrespectful and no longer wish to read what you have to say especially since you consider being here for ages when you have been here for barely 6 months. I will have been a member for 2 years next month and don't consider it being ages. Man, you have got a lot to learn about how to communicate with people on this site. you are only hurting yourself in the long run.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Explanation: Flagged!

Well done on ranting in the proper place for that!

It has worked as far as I can tell ...

So Chillax ok!

Personal Disclosure: Cheers for the book and the thread and this thread also ... much appreciated!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Your reply is rude, when was I rude except to trolls maybe? And I've been reading ATS for years even though I've only been a member for 6 months. I don't care what you think, controversy is controversial.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by R6A6W6
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you for your reply and I understand what you are saying completely. Yes the thread of my book is very close to my own heart and therefore I get emotional about it.
edit on 4-1-2013 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

I think it has happened to many of us at some point...

Logic and reason will serve you much better than emotion on this site...that is for sure.

I will make sure to give your thread a read.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Starred you for the amusement factor, hey at least I can laugh at myself

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Humility is a great thing to have as an artist.

Right now you're coming off as egotistical/entitled.

edit on 5-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Why thank you and you'll be happy to know that I did check out your story and I starred and flag you as well. Loved the art work too.

edit on 5-1-2013 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join