It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Worldwide Norwalk Virus Outbreak or something else?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Ok, I have been sick with suspected Norwalk Virus. Here in AZ, there is a major outbreak. Almost everyone I know has it or has had it in the last week. It got me curious, so I did some research, and first I find out there is an outbreak in Portland, than Ohio, then in Great Britain more than a million people have come down with this in the last couple weeks.

What is going on here? This really has me wondering , this is a virus that usually breaks out in group homes , cruise ships, but so many sick all over the world at one time? I am not exaggerating how bad it is here in AZ.
The town I am in , almost everyone I know is sick or has been with this in the last two weeks.

I wonder if this is from the nuclear fallout that no one talks about anymore in Japan? Something that has been unleashed on us ? The news here in AZ just did a story on the outbreak here. The emergency rooms are full of people sick with this. Any ideas?

They are saying its a new strain, but how do entire countries come down with an outbreak at once?

Here are some links to current outbreaks of this. I am sick as dog as I am writing this. I had it , thought it was gone, then it came back worse two days later. They are saying you can catch this over and over again once you have it. Something is just not sitting rite with me on this.

The article says in Brittan they have over one million cases!

UK LINK

BRITISH COLUMBIA
Brithish Columbia

ARIZONA
Arizona

Just do a search for this virus 2013 its all over the place. Its all over the world. My family in Mesa had it last week. My brother was so bad he was admitted to the hospital. My neighbor across the street was just admitted to the hospital with this today.

edit on 4-1-2013 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

Maybe it was TESTED...

in group homes , cruise ships,

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ok something else got me thinking, now this IS a conspiracy forum so bear with me...HAT ON

Norovirus is HIGHLY contagious. Ten virus particles will get you ill.
What if this is used , lets say in a lab and combined with something else, and THIS is the experiment.

The numbers are pretty high with this. It is not just in a few regional spots, like usual, it is ALL OVER.
There are also chemicals like what is used in DMSO that will penetrate into the body system. What is to stop someone from using this chemical mixed with a highly contagious virus like noro, and something else added that is deadly. The DMSO chemical would be the vector that allows it to penetrate. Meanwhile they hide out in their hidey holes underground..,,,, OK HAT OFF

I do not put anything past anyone anymore in the age we live in. People in power have lost their minds.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Maybe this years flu shots are the culprit? I really have no idea. I know there has been a lot of family members around me that got the flu over the holidays. I'm kind of surprised I or my wife didn't come down with it...knock on wood.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hey there.

I had the virus. My whole family had it, and my girlfriend had it. Also, her's family got the virus too.

We are from Denmark.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Norovirus is actually pretty common over here in the UK, is actually called 'the winter vomiting bug' and it happens every year, I see no difference in the cases this year to the ones in previous years.

Infact every year our local hospital....yes hospital ( a place that is meant to be clean and make people better!) has an outbreak of it and visitors are banned from going in and seeing sick relatives, schools are half empty because of so many pupils have come down with it too.

Its a fast spreading bug, the best thing you can do is just keep washing your hands....all the time!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Here in SW Virginia I know many people who are sick. One has been sick with flu type symptoms for 3-4 weeks. I went through the same thing last year starting about this time. My sister actually canceled her Christmas day dinner because the year before everyone got sick the week after Christmas when her daughter brought a sick child to dinner.

I was sick for almost 8 weeks last year with a seemingly different set of symptoms weekly. The flu started in my head then went to my chest; then stomach ..... and it seemed to recycle ......

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Can't speak for all of the UK, but in my household things have been a little wierd.

Just before Christmas, darling daughter projectile vomited, we put it down to Norovirus, a week later, she was still no better, although she only forcibly threw up the once, and had a couple of smaller sick episodes, she had cold/flu like symptoms on top.

Because she shared my bed, I got ill, no sickness, or anything, but cold/flu like symptoms, and couldn't sleep, not because of the symptoms, but because my brain just wouldn't shut down and let me sleep.

In the end we went to the docs....She said you can still be comtagious with Noro two weeks after your symptoms have dissappeared. Whilst there asked the doc for a sleeping pill, just so that I could get one nights sleep, as I knew I could break its back if I just slept...Thankfully I was right, and now we are all on the mend.

But the really weird part....My 9 year old son, who shares a room with his sister, has not fallen ill at all!

Lucky boy, I want his immune system!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
After reading through this thread, there seems to be a misconception of what the 'flu" is. It is NOT the norovirus. That is a gastrointestinal infection. The flu is respiratory in nature. Some people also refer to a stomach flu. Here again, they either have the norovirus or they have food poisoning. Now it's quite possible to have both the norovirus and the flu at the same time, but I think you'd rather be dead.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Just to point out the best thing we can do (If you have it) is to stay away from other to help stop its spread, that is the reason I will not goto the doctors cos they can't really do anything.
One question though have any of you had the latest flu jab and still got it?

Influenza vaccine shouldn't grant any immunity to Norwalk Virus. Less than 1% of the population gets sick from influenza annually. Most "stomach bugs" are caused by other viruses/bacteria.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077
I never have flu shots. Check this out - It's Scary.

shes been caught lying

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There has been a break-out in Illinois as well, almost everyone I know has had it. From Chicago to the smaller towns in Central Illinois. I'm one of the few who hasn't been affected but I rarely get ever get sick at all. I believe it has to do with another more long-term ailment of mine but that is a story for another time. Even one of my dogs seemed to have caught it. Very strange if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Here in the city of Chattanooga, Tennessee, an emergency room doctor remarked to me a week ago that "all the hospitals are pretty much full". I inquired as to why, and he said "Well, it's flu season - and some people are worse off than others." But it's never been this bad as attributed to 'the flu'..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
ABC News is covering the flu outbreak right now in Central Illinois. They say coast to coast, multiple deaths already. Emergency rooms filling, even going so far as to tell visitors to stay out of the hospital unless they have the flu themselves. They say it's spread through 41 states and is the worst they've since since the swine flu outbreak.

abcnews.go.com...

Not the coverage I saw but almost same information.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Interesting, seems like my cats do to. , they all have the runs. Took in a stool test for giarrdia to be be sure, it was negative.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join