It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Worldwide Norwalk Virus Outbreak or something else?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

I mean have a look at how she walks, I think she was a little nuts tbh.

She musta been watching python

Just woke up my cat laughing hard at this

edit on 4-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well it seems like everyone is sick with something right now... Like literally everyone I know here around Chicago has the flu...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

And to think I had a tear in my eye while watching her story - I feel so embarrassed

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Back in November, my roommate and I both had the stomach flu right before Black Friday. It didn't end up bothering me any because I don't do all of that shopping nonsense, but sitting on the toilet after having a Thanksgiving meal... Thankfully after about two hours of torture, Immodium was enough to vanquish the symptoms for me and it was gone by the next day.

My roommate wasn't so lucky though. She was in the store when it hit her. Violent diarrhea AND vomiting in the middle of the store. She got a lot more sick than I did too. I originally tied to blame the odd and slightly sleezy looking Italian place we ate at the night before but another friend at there with us and even had some of the shrimp from my plate and didn't get sick at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

No problem we have all fallen for stuff in our time, chalk it up to experience

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I was in the car, and 2 miles away from my friends house when it hit, the LONGEST two miles of my life. I thought for the first time since I was in diapers I would not make it to a toilet, and then my friends door was locked! I pounded, did not say hi when they opened , just ran to the bathroom ,lol Just from me being there, using the bathroom then leaving, two days later they all had it.

That was only round one, I got better after 24 hours, but then after another 24 hours, BANG back even worse, and still sick.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Eat well, play hard, sleep like a rock. Keep it natural and skip the flu jab.

I have been sick only twice in the last decade.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Considering everybody's stories of this virus I really doubt I had it when I threw up a few days back. I would have thrown up more in the following days if i had

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
nd

Originally posted by Mkoll
Considering everybody's stories of this virus I really doubt I had it when I threw up a few days back. I would have thrown up more in the following days if i had

When you've got it, you really know you've got it!

This virus is around every single winter and it affects people in pretty much similar numbers.
Obviously some years there are more than others but I think this year it's just been reported more.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The hubby says he heard some folks at his work had such symptoms,in fact one of his colleagues had been 2days in hospital,really sick.I chalked it up to the hot spell we had over Xmas+NY,though?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

What the hell is a Norwalk virus ?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one in LV, but I know that drinking lots and lots of water accelerates the healing process. Even if vomiting is a symptom, drink water, throw it up, drink some more, repeat. Years ago two friends of mine got the worse cold/virus they ever had, and it lasted several days (days of moaning and laying around moaning, and not the good kind). I caught it, worse I ever had, inhaled water like my body knew exactly what to do, more water, and my illness was over within two hours. That's my solution anyway, maybe I was just lucky and got a weaker strain, but it sure felt like what they described.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

It's more common then people think, just a lot of people don't get tested for it because if it looks like the flu and acts like the flu, it is easier and cheaper to say it is the flu.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yes millions all over the world including animals are sick, not just because the bugs are worse, but because people around the world have been badly harmed with toxic poisons from Japan desaster a few months back, not only massive doses of radiation types but PCB poisons, etc that went into sky and food and water chain all over earth, our body's cannot cope so anything like food poisoning, sickness will be a lot worse to recover from.
The earth is in a sad state, but Pets are sick too simply because they eat grass like Cows and Sheep, all badly been poisoned too.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
the last time i was sick was in the mid 90's and my wife wasn't even home - i had to call the doc's office myself.
The receptionist asked me what was wrong - so i told her i was sick then she asked me again and i said i was really sick.
then i had to get dressed and drag my sick behind to the doc's office - gee i sure hope the new death care - i mean health care - tells the doc's to start making house calls - not sure how we ever got away from that.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
As a child I had mono, so as an adult I catch everything that blows by me.
About 6 months ago, I read an article about Sodium Chlorite (a type of salt), That helps kill virus, bad bacteria, parasites, black mold etc. In my research I found several Sumerian jugs that originally contained Sodium Chlorite and each jug had the "Tree of Life" symbol on it.
I then ran into an article by Jim Humble. He is a gold miner that discovered it by accident.
I started out with the program Mr Humble advises. Now I routinely add it to my families drinking water.
I can truthfully tell you that since this, no one has been sick. And I feel better than I have for years. My nephew stopped by a few weeks ago with the "flu from hell". As soon as he left, I did a dose the way Mr Humble perscribed and no one in my house got it.
Sodium Chlorite is soooooooo cheap. 4 drops to a gallon of water purifies it.
Even if you dont want to use it everyday, as I do, it would be a very very good addition to your bug out, emergency kit.
Jim Humble does not sell Sodium Chlorite, but there are other suppliers on-line.
edit on 5-1-2013 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

You beat me to what I was going to say. The best remedy to quiet and even eliminate any intestinal viral symptoms and stomach problems such as vomiting, diarrhea etc, is the use of Sodium Bicarbonate. Sodium Chorite would work too. I use Sodium Bicarbonate regularly, even when I have no problems as a preventative. Also, Sodium Bicarbonate will not raise the blood pressure like sodium chorite and other salts do.

Sodium Bicarbonate is simply "baking soda". But what it does is simply amazing. The first thing it does immediately is eliminate stomach acid, and that stops vomiting and nausea in it's tracks within a minute or two.

Then some of it is absorbed into the blood raising your body's ph level and eliminating lactic acid from your muscles and that helps stop aches and pains. The rest will go into the intestines and neutralize any acid and most importantly, any waste product from bacteria and or viruses. The waste product is toxic and your body will try to rid itself of it as fast as possible and that is why there is diarrhea when you get these nasty bouts. It also allows your body to do the job it needs to do which is to make anti bodies to fight infections.

So, if your getting sick, here's what to do.

1. Take 1/4 measured teaspoonful of Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda) to one glass of water.

2. Repeat #1 every four hours until you feel fine. And when you feel fine keep doing it for about two or three days.

3. Do NOT, and I REPEAT.... do NOT drink or eat anything that has vinegar in it or with it. This acid will create carbon dioxide instantly and could cause you stomach to explode, So remember, no vinegar with baking soda.

4. As a rule, stay away from acids when using sodium bicarbonate, and don't be drinking orange juice, apple juice, or fruits of any kind with citrus acid, that will only help the virus make you puke.

As a preventative I use it 2 to 3 times a week every other day to help eliminate lactic acid in the blood and muscles. You will find it gives you a feeling of well being and energy levels go up. So if you get tired a lot in the day, give yourself a dose and you'll perk up. You don't need "five hour energy drinks" and such stuff.

Also, if you need to lose weight, when you eat a big meal, use a little (if there is no vinegar involved in the meal). because it cuts stomach acid, it won't digest completely and so you won't get the calories from it.

That's all I got for now......

edit on 5-1-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by misskat1
As a child I had mono, so as an adult I catch everything that blows by me.
About 6 months ago, I read an article about Sodium Chlorite (a type of salt), That helps kill virus, bad bacteria, parasites, black mold etc. In my research I found several Sumerian jugs that originally contained Sodium Chlorite and each jug had the "Tree of Life" symbol on it.
I then ran into an article by Jim Humble. He is a gold miner that discovered it by accident.
I started out with the program Mr Humble advises. Now I routinely add it to my families drinking water.
I can truthfully tell you that since this, no one has been sick. And I feel better than I have for years. My nephew stopped by a few weeks ago with the "flu from hell". As soon as he left, I did a dose the way Mr Humble perscribed and no one in my house got it.
Sodium Chlorite is soooooooo cheap. 4 drops to a gallon of water purifies it.
Even if you dont want to use it everyday, as I do, it would be a very very good addition to your bug out, emergency kit.
Jim Humble does not sell Sodium Chlorite, but there are other suppliers on-line.
edit on 5-1-2013 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

Sodium Chlorite is essentially bleach.
You may have heard it called by its marketing name, MMS.
It has no medicinal properties whatsoever and the likelihood is that it will cause you more harm than good.
You may as well just go and drink water from a chlorinated swimming pool as that's basically what it is.

I hope your family know you are putting in their water and I hope you know how potentially harmful this can be.

And Jim Humble?
He is a quack, pure and simple.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
reply to post by misskat1

You beat me to what I was going to say. The best remedy to quiet and even eliminate any intestinal viral symptoms and stomach problems such as vomiting, diarrhea etc, is the use of Sodium Bicarbonate. Sodium Chorite would work too. I use Sodium Bicarbonate regularly, even when I have no problems as a preventative. Also, Sodium Bicarbonate will not raise the blood pressure like sodium chorite and other salts do.

Sodium Bicarbonate is simply "baking soda". But what it does is simply amazing. The first thing it does immediately is eliminate stomach acid, and that stops vomiting and nausea in it's tracks within a minute or two.

Then some of it is absorbed into the blood raising your body's ph level and eliminating lactic acid from your muscles and that helps stop aches and pains. The rest will go into the intestines and neutralize any acid and most importantly, any waste product from bacteria and or viruses. The waste product is toxic and your body will try to rid itself of it as fast as possible and that is why there is diarrhea when you get these nasty bouts. It also allows your body to do the job it needs to do which is to make anti bodies to fight infections.

So, if your getting sick, here's what to do.

1. Take 1/4 measured teaspoonful of Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda) to one glass of water.

2. Repeat #1 every four hours until you feel fine. And when you feel fine keep doing it for about two or three days.

3. Do NOT, and I REPEAT.... do NOT drink or eat anything that has vinegar in it or with it. This acid will create carbon dioxide instantly and could cause you stomach to explode, So remember, no vinegar with baking soda.

4. As a rule, stay away from acids when using sodium bicarbonate, and don't be drinking orange juice, apple juice, or fruits of any kind with citrus acid, that will only help the virus make you puke.

As a preventative I use it 2 to 3 times a week every other day to help eliminate lactic acid in the blood and muscles. You will find it gives you a feeling of well being and energy levels go up. So if you get tired a lot in the day, give yourself a dose and you'll perk up. You don't need "five hour energy drinks" and such stuff.

Also, if you need to lose weight, when you eat a big meal, use a little (if there is no vinegar involved in the meal). because it cuts stomach acid, it won't digest completely and so you won't get the calories from it.

That's all I got for now......

edit on 5-1-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

Aside from the majority of your post being nonsensical "science" just on point 3....
What does your stomach contain?

Yes, correct, acid.
Hydrochloric acid to be precise.

What happens when you add a base like sodium bicarbonate for instance to an acid like HCl?
That's right, they neutralise each other forming salt (NaCl), water (H2O) and carbon dioxide (CO2).

The water will be absorbed and then excreted where necessary as will the salt and the CO2 may result in a small burp (there's absolutely no chance of your stomach exploding!).
Drinking or eating an alkali will not alter your body or blood's ph levels as explained above (no bicarb gets through to the blood via the stomach. It would be a different matter altogether if it was given intravenously but please, don't even consider that. You will kill yourself.))

From that, can you please explain the healing properties of essentially drinking carbonated salt water?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Had my 2 boys at the docs 3 times in 2 weeks. She says h1n1, upper respiratory.....once they got better they relapsed all over again. My 8 yr old lost 6 lbs. this was all over Christmas break/ holiday...now me & the hubs have it. I got it New Year's Day, felt better until I relapsed last night with a 103 fever. Hubs has been out of work all week with it...it's nonstop. The pediatrician brought up flu shot for the boys, I said no thank you.....anyway, lots of kids out of school, it's just running rampant through my town.....for the record, it's the first time I had a fever like that in years. No stomach problems though.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join