It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Killed Bigfoot -- A Conversation with Justin Smeja (video & audio)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

It's not my story pal.
and the flaw is an ingorant and WRONG assumption by the poster.

Are you saying that the POI did in fact photograph and retrieve physical evidence on the day he alleges to have shot a light coloured bi-pedal being that displayed intelligence by raising both hands.

I can understand him shooting out of fear.....but not leaving evidence of something so profound.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I thought I'd read that his evidence was tested in the Ketchum study?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88

I thought I'd read that his evidence was tested in the Ketchum study?

It may have been. Ive read a couple of articles regarding her analysis but it never said who provided the evidence/sample. Do you have anything along those lines that says either way?

got it
edit on 4-1-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

This brings us to today's news. The website, Sierra Evidence Initiative announced the Bigfoot steak Justin offered as a sample to Melba Ketchum was also independently tested by a group of Bigfooters that took it to Canada’s most respected forensic DNA labs at Trent University. The tests came back as a female black bear and human (Justin Smeja).

Many who are close to Justin still feel his story about killing two Bigfoot is solid, and that perhaps when he went back to the site he did not actually get flesh from a Sasquatch, but from a bear.

However, there are two great opportunities that we are looking forward to. Due to this process. Tyler Huggins and Bart Cutino, the two Bigfooters that submitted the independent DNA study with the Canadian Lab will produce a protocol to help other Bigfooters independently verify/dismiss Bigfoot DNA. The other opportunity is the Sierra Kill Site has had some promising activity since Justin Smeja claimed to have killed the Sasquatches and will continue to be a place of future field research.

and the boots

The story is also not over for Justin Smeja. Bart Cutino still has boots that were, according to Justin Smeja, saturated with Sasquatch blood. These boots have not yet been tested.

source

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I thought so, but when I went back and looked it appears to be a "he said-she said". Go figure..

Here's the link:
Smeja Kill

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Sheez, Melba was a bit bothered by all the emails she received regarding the 'fake bigfoot steak'

Cant blame her.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
Seriously people??

Take a shot at the audio!!! Listen to his story, then get to posting

It's called denying the obvious. Besides, we leave these stories for C2C that usually have guest with zero evidence.

Hey, events DO happen that are 100% real, but usually people keep it to themselves (or just friends and family) when they can't back any of their claim.

So OP, when a member tells their own story about being taken by greys to the Moon (which has happened I believe).... with cell phone in hand, we should just overlook the part where he forgot to take photos.
Why would an experiencer even bother sharing their story? Why? Because they usually don't. Hoaxer do though!

Really? Are we that desperate?
This could be true (highly doubt it) but what are we supposed to take away from this?

Too many people. Too many stories. Too much doubt. Why bother?
No investigator will conduct an interview with absolutely NOTHING to back it up a claim. (Unless....someone can collaborate it. We have neither here)

For me?...BigFoot does exist but this does nothing for the cause.
Please try not to beat me up because I can imagine your passion in this subject. Much like mine with intelligent aliens
but sometimes it's just not worth making threads.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: ETA 'sharing their story

edit on 4-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Not trying to be a stick in the mud, but can you comment on his statements about financial compensation and his relationship with people in TV and the Bigfoot community?

Call me a skeptic, but I think it is key as to whether his story is believable or not.
edit on 4-1-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Oh no, youre right. I'm not sitting here saying the dude shot 2 BFs and we should take him at his word, though it may sound like i was implying that because i was defending the thread.

Hell, he absolutely could have shot someone in a suit and made up all the rest as a cover. This did happen in Oct 2010 according to him, and he did wait a good period of time to tell his story. Is this enough to time possibly bury the evidence, literally and maybe overcome the emotion of it all.... yes.

Maybe he wants his own version of "Duck Dynasty" (aka, redneck money) IDK

Either way, i have a right to defend my thread. I consider myself respectful of other peoples threads, as I understand they take time to compose... and I understand its Friday night and people may be knocking back a few, but I expect the same respect back. naive because its the net? perhaps but i stand by my comments

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is just a bull# story from some idiot looking for 5 minutes of fame. Completely rediculous.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thanks OP for posting these interviews.

I hadn't heard of the 'Sierra Kills' and I always find stories like this intriguing.

As for the credibility of the witness? I neither believe nor disbelieve the guy, he could be telling the truth, he could be a hoaxer. As unlikely as his tale is, people behave in strange ways and do things that most of us would find irrational, so personally I just listen to the story without trying to judge or jump to conclusions. If he's lying then he can spin a yarn for sure, and beat a lie detector to boot, but evidence is evidence and unless he can back up his story with it, it's just a story.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
Thanks OP for posting these interviews.

I hadn't heard of the 'Sierra Kills' and I always find stories like this intriguing.

As for the credibility of the witness? I neither believe nor disbelieve the guy, he could be telling the truth, he could be a hoaxer. As unlikely as his tale is, people behave in strange ways and do things that most of us would find irrational, so personally I just listen to the story without trying to judge or jump to conclusions. If he's lying then he can spin a yarn for sure, and beat a lie detector to boot, but evidence is evidence and unless he can back up his story with it, it's just a story.

Thats exactly how I feel. Passing 3 polygraphs is definitely interesting. People love to accept polygraphs as a valid test unless it goes against their prior judgement. I initially was intrigued when I found it because I hadn't heard the interview nor the story before and did my best to stay objective when describing it in the OP.

I thought the first 27 minutes of his interview were solid, but then it took a turn and I started to pick up on things that didn't really make sense to me, which are the 6 points I listed in the OP. His story doesn't change my thoughts on bigfoot in general but in the end its the same idea as every other bigfoot story... someone had an encounter with a beast that doesn't exisit (or yet to be discovered and documented by science)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I admit I didn't listen to both in full, I don't honestly have the time at the moment. I'll try to listen to the rest later. But, based on what I heard my early conclusion is I don't believe him.

In the first one he says he didn't want to have the story that he'd seen one and then have no proof or not have done anything about it. Well, that's about 90% of how he has ended up. His "proof" doesn't add up with his claimed experience.

If the juvenile was small enough to lift it was small enough to get back the to truck.

Lets say that wasn't enough, he's an experienced hunter (he claims) and evidently knows something about taxidermy. Why didn't he take something people could ID - a hand, a foot, heck - the head?!

It just doesn't add up to me.

I've hunted for over 20 years. A good bit of that in area with BF sightings and I've been fortunate enough to have a small handful of experiences of my own. I know he passed a lie detector. It just isn't ringing true to me. What he did and the bigfoots allegedly just doesn't gel..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Interesting tale, but I'm not sure either way after listening to the interviews. I've camped at the area he is talking about, gold lake being a relatively populated spot out of the lakes in the area which there are many. Doesn't make much sense for a bigfoot to put it's hands up like he's being arrested, and then advancing towards the guy with the gun. If this guy isn't lying, then it is pretty sad.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The Bigfoot enthusiast in me really 'WANTS' this story to be true, but the clear minded skeptic in me doesn't believe a word Smeja says. Now, that the DNA has come back Bear/Human I hope this story will be put to bed. Knowing the BF community as I do, this is no where near the end. I will be following anything new from this, although I think it will just lead to more disapointed BF fans.

David
edit on 7-1-2013 by wadaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

I admit I didn't listen to both in full, I don't honestly have the time at the moment. I'll try to listen to the rest later. But, based on what I heard my early conclusion is I don't believe him.

In the first one he says he didn't want to have the story that he'd seen one and then have no proof or not have done anything about it. Well, that's about 90% of how he has ended up. His "proof" doesn't add up with his claimed experience.

If the juvenile was small enough to lift it was small enough to get back the to truck.

Lets say that wasn't enough, he's an experienced hunter (he claims) and evidently knows something about taxidermy. Why didn't he take something people could ID - a hand, a foot, heck - the head?!

It just doesn't add up to me.

I've hunted for over 20 years. A good bit of that in area with BF sightings and I've been fortunate enough to have a small handful of experiences of my own. I know he passed a lie detector. It just isn't ringing true to me. What he did and the bigfoots allegedly just doesn't gel..

I've been following this story for about two years and it's been beaten like a dead horse at bigfoot forums.

I can't 100% say I believe him, but I can't say he's lying either. People close too him and are involved in the story who have met and spent time with him state he is not the hoax type or lying type. They nearly 100% believe him.

As to why he wouldn't grab the juvenile: Have you seen the sketches he gave? Him and his buddy got out of their because they thought they had killed a person upon close inspection! The sketch suggests that the BF simpkly looked like a large hairy man! He even states that the two juveniles were talking too each other as they looked for their parent (even though he couldn't understand what they were saying).

Many believe they would have cut off a hand or finger or something, until you really take into account the alleged event. You don't know where the adult is and more importantly you don't know if there are MORE of them waiting to tear your head off!

They got out of there as fast as possible and Justin actually had to be convinced to go back there.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Something doesn't sound right...when they reached the crest of the hill (crest is the top right)? and shot the baby bigfoot, it rolled down the hill and ended up at his feet. Nope, No way.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing this information! I knew nothing about this, strangely enough, since I always enjoy watching and reading stories and looking at video/photo evidence of bigfoot and bigfoot sighting.

This man's story is quite fascinating indeed. I can't say I am certain he's telling 100% of the truth but I don't think he's lying either. I mean, I believe him, but you also made some very good points in the OP about your concerns of his story. No one is perfect though. In that I mean, I can kind of see why he might want something out of it later on, in the financial sense. Me personally, I wouldn't care about money or recognition, but I'm not everyone.

The only thing that kept running through my mind as he was telling his tale was, "Please don't shoot the baby.....Please don't shoot the baby.....Please don't.....Oh, he shoots the baby.......aaarrggg"
It was so sad for me to hear that part.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Didn't have to hear his story.
It is a hoax. What garbage...
Even an inexperienced hunter/person who has been alive for the past 20 years knows who/what Bigfoot is.
Seriously..."let me live this white haired monster here for later.."
What bogus nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join