It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How About a "Case Solved" Forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I applaud the Hoax Bin. But if KILLS me to see people persist cases are hoaxes when, in actuality they are solved.
On a site like ATS, that is getting more and more MSM coverage by the day, we need to be more careful when we call people liars
Hate to say it, because I know it would mean more work for the staff, but it isn't cool to call someone a liar when there is no evidence of that accusation.

Thanks for consideration.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
On ATS no case is ever solved, any claim to that end will only begin a new line of questions, theories and conspiracies.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Well that is simply not true.
Haha

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Are the Billy Meier and Carlos Diaz cases solved, or are they liars/ hoaxers? What would you consider to be the difference?
edit on 4-1-2013 by trysts because: I worded it wrong

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Maybe that was the hopes of ID nine years ago. I dunno.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

It is the verbiage that is dangerous. Most times even more so than the particular case itself.
Libel is a crime
Things like the Billy Meier case?
Well, it is safer to argue each case within the collective, AND IF IT IS PROVEN, that PARTICULAR case is a LIE, then it deserves the hoax bin.

The reason I say all this is because I just read a thread in which several members insisted a witness of a case WAS INDEED a hoaxer.
There is ZERO evidence to support that, mind you...just speculation.

All I am saying is that it is worth consideration.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Alot of cases not just here (ats) get solved and then new evidence emerges that bring a case back to light so.......
plus its upto springer and sceptic (dont often here from simon) his he still invovlved? to have the final say but happy new year,case closed

you raise a valid point though
edit on 4-1-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Well exactly. This is why, in my opinion, it is much "safer", to label cases on their actual merits.

I mean the entire Sandy Hook thing is a perfect example of accusatory RIDICULOUSNESS that appears on this site frequently.

Not to mention, it is just honest.

ETA: And of course it is up to the owners. Thus the forum I placed this thread in...
edit on 4-1-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

thank's for reply i will be eagerly awaiting a reply from staff (hope its not a warning
)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think such a thing would only serve to discourage critical thinking; stating certain matters are 'closed' or 'solved' is like saying they can't be questioned, when in reality we should continue to question everything, even the things we think are 'solved'.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

But do we not say exactly the same thing with the Hoax Bin? Difference? The Hoax label implies wilfull deceit. This isn't always the case. And yeah, lots of cases wind up solved on here. A lot of the old STS Shuttle Mission cases come to mind

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I think there is a difference. The hoax bin is for when the case is an admitted hoax, where the hoaxer(s) confess and demonstrate how something was done. If there are things in the hoax bin that don't fit that description, I would argue they don't belong in the hoax bin, but in Skunk Works.

'Solved' cases on the other hand would refer to cases that are believed to be solved by those investigating through their own means. Such cases can never be considered truly 'solved' no matter how convincing the evidence because new evidence can always come to light later. Inmates on death row have been exonerated after years of their 'guilt' being all but proven, after new DNA evidence has shown otherwise.

No event has immunity to being questioned or further analyzed, at least in an intellectually healthy community.

new topics

top topics

join