It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother hiding with kids shoots intruder

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxdaniel21

I'm not saying ban guns, i'm just saying ban them from people who don't know how to use them, like this idiot.

Dude is in the hospital with bullet holes in him. I would say she knows how to use that weapon pretty well. If you still doubt her skills take a trip over to the great state of GA and kick her door in.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

You're using his criminal history to justify her actions. That doesn't make any sense. She carried out her actions without knowledge of his criminal history. She shot him not knowing whether it was his first offence, or 10th.

Therefore, there is no justification for her actions. She did it blindly. See what i'm saying?

He may not have died, but that doesn't make it okay. Her intentions could have been to kill him, it was just by chance he survived. Again, no justification for her force.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

She wasn't backed into a corner. She went and hid in the corner. I'm sure there was at least one window in the back of her house, or at least some sort of contingency. Oh wait, that's right, these people don't think of contingencies. They just buy a gun, and call themselves safe.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by fictitious

If he had a gun it would have already been out.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

so what was she supposed to do?? ask him what his intentions were and wait for an answer??? If you break into a house and get shot I say you got no less then you deserved. The ONLY reason I would even consider changing my opinion on that matter is if he was trying to flee, as in already on his way out the door and she shot him, but he wasn't so I don't understand where you get off saying she overreacted??

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Could have called the cops, you know the guys with the guns, our tax dollars pay to serve and protect us?

Things like the robber decimating the family could happen in a matter of a couple minutes, In a situation like that there is haste, decisions have to be made FAST!, Protect yourself and family against a known threat, or wait.....for the authority to come rescue you?

Its not like they could just "talk it out"

To me i'ts a human instinct to protect my family and self. Hell look at any creature on this planet, even bugs....Just an instinct shared. Ill be damned if anyone or anything backed in to an unknown corner, that could be deadly, and protecting yourself by all means, utilizing any tool to survive could be wrong. That is the day we let the government take over folks...Revise the system that controls what governs our rights, and lets make this right, for everyone.

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

And if she knew how to use her weapon, she would be satisfied with 3 bullets at the most, rather than 6...

link   
Reply to post by RN311

There are plenty of things that could have been done if she didn't have a gun. People do defend themselves everyday without resorting to guns you know. Coward.

link   

reply to post by RN311

You're using his criminal history to justify her actions. That doesn't make any sense. She carried out her actions without knowledge of his criminal history. She shot him not knowing whether it was his first offence, or 10th.

Therefore, there is no justification for her actions. She did it blindly. See what i'm saying?

He may not have died, but that doesn't make it okay. Her intentions could have been to kill him, it was just by chance he survived. Again, no justification for her force.

Im pretty sure someone breaking into your house with a crowbar and trying to find you hiding in a crawlspace enough justification to shoot them. Sure he had past assaults, but maybe this one would have been rape and multiple murder. You are pretty sick of an individual to worry about the rights of a criminal and not the safety of a mother and her children. I wouldn't be surprised if half of the gun grabbers on this site are really rapists and thieves just hoping good people won't be able to carry heat to defend themselves...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Reply to post by GuidedKill

Lets say the Sandy Hook shooter never had access to the type of weapon he used;in the first place. Mind=blown

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

reply to post by RN311

She wasn't backed into a corner. She went and hid in the corner. I'm sure there was at least one window in the back of her house, or at least some sort of contingency. Oh wait, that's right, these people don't think of contingencies. They just buy a gun, and call themselves safe.

Criminal in the hospital, mom and kids at home together tonight instead of hospital.....

I would say that is a little more then just calling yourself safe....that's buying a gun and making sure you're safe.
edit on 4-1-2013 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RN311

so what was she supposed to do?? ask him what his intentions were and wait for an answer???

Tell me something, why do the police tell people to put down their weapons, rather than shooting straight away? Of course, the use of force in that manner would be police brutality. Something that a lot of ATS members don't take too well. Why is it that a lot of the police videos where an officer tases without warning brings a massive #storm, yet a woman who fires a gun without warning is fine.

So yes, in answer to your question, she could have stated that he should not come any further. There was no warning.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

What if the gun misfired? or missed? or something was wrong? What would she have done? How about other avenues?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by RN311

There are plenty of things that could have been done if she didn't have a gun. People do defend themselves everyday without resorting to guns you know. Coward.

Yeah cause it's so likely a mother and kids will be able to overpower a hardened criminal. Sir, movies are not real life...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Lets say the Sandy Hook shooter never had access to the type of weapon he used;in the first place. Mind=blown

Lets say Timothy Mcveigh never had access to common fertilizer in the first place. Mind=blown

What a idiotic statement, anyone who commits on the Sandy Hook tragedy should at least have the decency to pay attention. It has been made perfectly clear that the shooter stole the weapons from his mother. AKA already a criminal. He himself was unable to obtain the weapons legally due to reported mental illness.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

we don't know if there was any warning or not... it's a rather new story since it just happened this afternoon and we don't have all the details yet, so for all we know she could have warned him. If you back someone into a corner don't be surprised when they come out swinging. Or shooting.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Then the headlines could have been more sensational. "man runs over hundres of children with his suv while they board bus..."

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RN311

so what was she supposed to do?? ask him what his intentions were and wait for an answer???

Tell me something, why do the police tell people to put down their weapons, rather than shooting straight away? Of course, the use of force in that manner would be police brutality. Something that a lot of ATS members don't take too well. Why is it that a lot of the police videos where an officer tases without warning brings a massive #storm, yet a woman who fires a gun without warning is fine.

So yes, in answer to your question, she could have stated that he should not come any further. There was no warning.

Your insight to exactly what happened in that house is amazing. I mean even before the police complete their investigation you know what went down.....simply amazing.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

What if the gun misfired? or missed? or something was wrong? What would she have done? How about other avenues?

Which is why more people need to be trained to use guns rather
than be scared of them.

Did you know in Switzerland they require and train all adults to have and use guns. And it's one of the safest countries to live in.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Reply to post by RN311

sooooo because I choose to exercise my rights, and would defend myself and my child with a firearm if put in a similar situation. Rather then try to what wrestle him to the floor, beat him with a baseball bat, stab him with a knife, I'm a coward?? Ok guess I'm a coward. I'm a women who is 5'3 and weighs about 135-140lbs, if a grown man who's about 5'7-6'0 and weighs 180-200lbs breaks into my home how do you suggest I defend myself??? taser?? you get one shot if you miss then your out of luck. Mace?? I have some and depending on the situation I might use it, but if I'm backed into a corner and the only thing between my 2yr old and the bad guy is me and my gun, you better believe I'm going to start shooting.

your name calling does nothing but show your lack of character. please try to act like an adult if you insist on continuing to post in this thread.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join