It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother hiding with kids shoots intruder

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
My only issue with this is it seems like she went a bit overboard.But honestly,it's to be expected.She reacted just like many people would (with fear) when faced with someone breaking into your house.Especially with children around. In this case though,better him then her and her children.Kudos to Mom for doing what most of us would've done.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxdaniel21
reply to post by RN311

You're using his criminal history to justify her actions. That doesn't make any sense. She carried out her actions without knowledge of his criminal history. She shot him not knowing whether it was his first offence, or 10th.

Therefore, there is no justification for her actions. She did it blindly. See what i'm saying?

He may not have died, but that doesn't make it okay. Her intentions could have been to kill him, it was just by chance he survived. Again, no justification for her force.

I think your posts are best read using the assumption you are using sarcasm

What she is most aware of is his criminal "present" that has her attention and focus. That is all that is needed to discern motive and action for defense. She did nothing "blindly" She hit him 5 times. She obviously saw him from his actions, not his words or past. Her actions are based on secondary situations due to a primary act on the perpetrator. The primary act dictates the need for a secondary action. If he was not there, nothing else was required...unless you are congress and the MSM. The guy was not there to debate with her. That was clear in her mind. She did not need to interogate him on the matter first.

DANG! I feel stupid now feeling I had to explain all that. I always thought discernment was based on common sense when these kind of facts are known

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

actually they have choices...

The problem is they do not like the options ... not my problem

nor do the people who are criminals want to work...

I have offered them jobs before, got turned down... not my fault

As for an urban environment I call BS... want to trade stories...
corrupt cops
family members stabbing you in the back
Left with nothing quite literally twice

so no --criminals choose to steal because it is the option with large parts of cash with minor risk and little work... this associate of yours just hit the lotto on bad timing... damn kids and wife got in his way if only she was unarmed he could have continued in his chosen profession

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I realize this thread isn't as active as it was, still I gotta say:

I don't ever remember formal resumes & background checks ever being exchanged during home invasions.

Man breaks into my home in the daytime=not a nice person.
My children in my home during said break in=parental animal instinct to protect young.
Hiding place=check
Loaded gun=check

Bad guy finds hiding place and rather than flee for any legally, ethically or morally ideals, he moves toward them in a menacing fashion. I'd empty a gun in him, without a flutter of my eyelash. I shot a lamp? I shot the exterior of the neighbors house? So sorry. Glad no one else is hurt. Home insurance will pay for any damages.

But who/what is going to make the definitive promise that won't happen again? No one. Their fear is real. And permanent. But they are alive.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Those who trade liberty for security don’t have any.

You don’t shoot to kill you shoot to stay alive.

Assault is a behavior not a device.

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

If you do not know your rights you don’t have any.

Know guns, Know peace and safety. No guns, no peace nor safety.

Criminals love gun control. It makes their job easier and safer.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Your Honor,

The American people plead not for the Right to Bear Arms. Dead Hero's granted Americans the right to defend themselves against all enemies. Framers. Ranchers. Deep desert hikers. We have open carry in NM. Gun racks were filled with favorite weapons to kill innocent cans and bottles all over.

Statistically, this isn't happening more. Our population is growing. Children. Firemen. Party goers. Movie patrons. I am no less saddened by the event. But the guns didn't choose victims. The person pulling the trigger chose.

America Rests its case

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm sorry but the only tragedy I see here is that the scumbag is still alive.
Good on her and if there's a next time, aim for the face.

God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
edit on 1/24/13 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join