It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother hiding with kids shoots intruder

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
A women at home alone with her 9 yr old twins Friday afternoon shot an intruder a total of 5 times after he broke into her home.

The intruder rang the doorbell and when no one answered, he proceeded to pry open the door with a crow bar, by this time the mother was hiding in a crawl space with her 9 yr old twins and her .38 revolver.

once inside the house the intruder found the women and her children at which point the women fired all six shoots at him hitting him 5 times

the mother then ran for a neighbors house with her children, while the intruder fled the scene and was picked up by law enforcement after crashing his SUV.

this guy had just recently been released from jail after being arrested in February on battery charges. He also has been arrested at least 6 other times since 2008.

here's a link women hiding with children shoots intruder

now I know someone is going to come along and say she should have just called 911 and waited. I looked and as far as I can tell the police station is about 15mins from the house. Now knowing his past criminal record and the fact that that he found them hiding do you think this story would have had ended as well (bad guy shot, mom and kids ok) if she hadn't been armed?? I'm just interested in what the anti-gun crowd would have done in a situation like this. 15 mins is a long time to wait for help in a situation like this

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
S&F all i gotta ssay is THANK GOD FOR GUNS!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm surprised she shot him 5 times and he's still walking. Fool should have of never been let out in the first place. Glad her and her twins are Okay.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   
reply to post by RN311

This is a classic situation in why it is important to be armed. Someone breaking into your house is there with bad intent. Period. Shoot him.

link   
It'll just get worse once they outlaw guns. You won't be able to stop these people.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Don't mess with mothers.

Especially when they're packing.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

I hope she is arrested and thrown in prison and the government takes her children away from her! How dare she have a gun and protect herself when there are police out there with guns she could have called!

This woman is a danger to society and she needs to pay for her crime!

/end sarcasm

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You mean to tell me that people can actually use guns to defend themselves?!
Who would have ever thought!
/sarcasm

I imagine guns save lives every day in these situations, but how interesting would that news story be?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
As unfortunate as it is that someone got shot, do not intrude upon a mother and her offspring.

Good for her, and even better that she knew what to do as opposed to freezing stiff scared and this ending up in a much more tragic manner.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

No one is saying she shouldn't have a gun....

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by RN311

Because all the anti-gun people would wish they had a gun in this same situation too. They have no comment when it's a guilty person being shot/killed.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

I totally agree as a single mother who lives off the beaten path (I live down a back road closest neighbor is about a mile away) when I first thought about buying this house my dad took me out and bought me, my 1st 9mm and then also gave me my old .223 hunting rifle both of which are always locked and loaded. I would not think twice about shooting an intruder who found me while I was trying to hide with my child.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by RN311

Give it time, the thread is still in it's infancy.

P

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RN311
reply to post by fictitious

I totally agree as a single mother who lives off the beaten path (I live down a back road closest neighbor is about a mile away) when I first thought about buying this house my dad took me out and bought me, my 1st 9mm and then also gave me my old .223 hunting rifle both of which are always locked and loaded. I would not think twice about shooting an intruder who found me while I was trying to hide with my child.

Well you go girl. I wouldn't think twice either...even though I only have have dogs. I wouldn't care if the intruder only wanted to take my TV and not rape and murder me. Being on my property with a crowbar, using the crowbar, and being a man is enough for me to take you out. A looter, thief, murderer, rapist, or a peeping tom makes no difference.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Must be a pretty lousy shot.

We do have the right to protect ourselves so what is the big deal?

Gun threads are getting way to common. Rather boring really.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

Check your bullet travel.It won't do to off the neighbors collaterally now, would it?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well, here we have another fine example of how firearms can protect innocent people from criminals. I would suggest this lady invest into a shotgun next time.

I'm sure piers morgan would demonize this poor woman for using a gun to save herself and her children.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus
As unfortunate as it is that someone got shot, do not intrude upon a mother and her offspring.

Good for her, and even better that she knew what to do as opposed to freezing stiff scared and this ending up in a much more tragic manner.

It's not unfortunate at all that this hoodlum got shot. It's very fortunate.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

*Crickets chirping*

Where they at? Patiently waiting..........

*Whistling a tune*

What? No facist gun grabbers around?

See, there you have it folks! All these people who want to take guns and do away with the 2nd, don't have a damned thing to say, when something in the news comes out where a citizen uses a gun for protection!

The vultures only flock, when they have a dead body to feast upon.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join