It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day UFOs hovered over Fiorentina's Stadio Artemio Franchi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
An interestingly discreet disclosure from the BBC, in the football pages and all!
I wonder if this is how it happens, slowly spoon fed titbits of evidence until we're all primed and 'ready'.
You can bet the topic will be brought up in pubs around the UK this weekend whilst watching the football.

reply to post by karl 12

That link has been removed now also, it just gets curiouser and curiouser!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Interesting case.

Id like to see the pictures an earlier poster says exist.

Because without them, the cigar shape description suggests dirigibles/zeppelins.

I wonder why we rarely have cigar shape sightings anymore? Perhaps because the zeppelins are more readily recognisable to us now than they were back then.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This story was posted here back in 2007!
Some good pics and accounts.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The more I see those old crappy UFO's the more I am convinced they are from here. You know the whole evolution of design thing. Still, it's interesting to know who, what, why and so on.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Typical MSM BBC as well btw:

In the 1950s Fiorentina were one of the best teams on the planet. The following season they easily won their first ever league title, finishing 12 points clear of AC Milan. So, if a visitor from a galaxy wanted to enjoy a game, Florence was a very intelligent choice.

does that not seem like a mocking/humor type tone at people who look at these events?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by flyingfish

You are the man

These are from the thread in question >

This is very fascinating indeed, thanks OP

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
My friends,

Apparently this is the exact translation that appeared in the local newspaper at the time about the sighting.

1954 FI 15 - 54-10-27 - Firenze - 15:27 - DD While at the Municipal Stadium in Florence, in front of over 10,000 spectators, was playing the friendly match Fiorentina-Pistoiese, the attention of fans was suddenly drawn from two tiny objects flying unusually luster and very fast, they were crossing, high in sky, all the stadium (which focused in its length from north to south). At that point the match was suspended because the referee and players began to observe the phenomenon. The two objects were smooth and shiny, a silver gray; were formed by a circular outer corona, which ran quickly around its axis, and the part in the middle was colored more clear. At some point, the first object stops, while continuing the motion, while the other continues the way diminishing the distance that separates them and suddenly stop then turn on the vertical tower Stadium. The first object then start to move, in a zigzag mouvement, reaching the companion. After a short pause, both cross slowly the entire sky of the Stadium, then they accelerate heading towards Fiesole (north); then after a quicky U-turn they travel across the stadium throughout its length and this time heading south with high speed. After that event, which lasted more than 5 minutes, the match was resumed.

From this post

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish

Ah thanks! was wondering if this happened over a football stadium and if most everybody in the stadium and people outside it saw something. Even for back then there is bound to be some pictures or something anything more concrete about the whole event or at least more testimonies other then the words of the football or ie soccer players.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkins
Interesting case.

Id like to see the pictures an earlier poster says exist.

Because without them, the cigar shape description suggests dirigibles/zeppelins.

I wonder why we rarely have cigar shape sightings anymore? Perhaps because the zeppelins are more readily recognisable to us now than they were back then.

But Zeppelins don't move "very fast", as was stated by one of the witnesses.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Good link to a previous thread thx...........

So what happened to the "Angel Hair" UFOs? Have they gone "Home"?

Were they trying to poison Humans? Was this some sort of population control...they did seem to stop, then head over the stadium.
Were they making a "Gift" to mankind?
Is that how they say Hello, or communicate? No wonder SETI doesnt work.....
Are these the Underground Sauroid craft?

Does'nt seem a particularly efficient propulsion system if it drops angel hair everywhere.....Maybe its not for space travel only for atmospheric travel?.

Good article, but creates more questions with no answers....Boron Silicates?? So how are they made?
Does Wright Patterson or the Skunk Works have any samples??

I remember seeing a documentary of Angel Hair covering cars and trees at Dulce in the 70s........a connection????

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Considering that two of the world's cities were Nuked just 10 year before this event, the spectators were probably terrified. I think the planes that dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bright silver craft too.

That newspaper article seems a little too light-hearted, considering recent events. Perhaps it was the 1954 European equivalent of the National Enquirer?
-cwm

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

your quite rude ( referring to your first post in this thread )
edit on 5-1-2013 by instrumentality because: wording

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Do you think they were moving like that on purpose?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

A litle short piece on GOD & ET's:

There is this well know Italian mystic Maria Valtorta (1897-1961) who wrote some the most incredible writings regarding the life of Jesus and his Holy Mother Mary!
Maria states very clearly that this information comes directly from Jesus himself! Pope Pius XII said regarding Maria Valtorta writing “ Poem of the Man~God (the life of Jesus as it was told to her): "Publish this work as it is. There is no need to give an opinion on its origin, if it be extraordinary or not. Whoever reads it will understand."!

Taken from one of Maria’s notebook date: June 19, 1943 regarding ET’s caught my eyes being a long time Coast listener. The whole passage is provided in the link below but here is a short passage I think you might like.

"But how is it that they have never considered that the 'great Babylon' is the whole Earth? I would be a very small and limited God the Creator if I had created only the Earth as an inhabited world! With a beat of My will I have brought forth worlds upon worlds from nothing and cast them as luminous fine dust into the immensity of the firmament.

"The Earth, about which you are so proud and fierce, is nothing but one of the bits of fine dust rotating in unboundedness, and not the biggest one. It is certainly the most corrupt one, though. Lives upon lives are teeming in the millions of worlds which are the joy of your gaze on peaceful nights, and the perfection of God will appear to you when, with the intellectual sight of your spirits rejoined to God, you are able to see the wonders of those worlds.

Link: valtorta.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Considering that two of the world's cities were Nuked just 10 year before this event, the spectators were probably terrified. I think the planes that dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bright silver craft too.

That newspaper article seems a little too light-hearted, considering recent events. Perhaps it was the 1954 European equivalent of the National Enquirer?
-cwm

The article is light-hearted because it's the BBC and they are mainstream mate (they always have to throw in the humor to down play it), the event did happen as it was investigated (see the link provided by K12).

And did you study WW2? The Italians became allies in the latter part of the war also finished in 1945

Originally posted by randomviolins

Do you think they were moving like that on purpose?

As with any of the probable genuine sightings, it's difficult to say why they do the things they do. The report is similar to other UFO events though, most notably, Portugal in 1912, France 1952, Venice 1954 (same year as this encounter) and again in Portugal in 1959.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

www.bbc.co.uk

I wondered myself about the lack of photos in this case. it's a good story. a friend of mine in Dundee posted this on my pussbook wall yesterday, otherwise I'd never have known about it.
edit on 6/1/13 by djz3ro because: i needed to fix the layout...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
This is the vid, original images are around the 4.20 minute mark

However it's all in italian, but the angel hair and a shiny ball in the sky are clearly observable, albeit with the video quality of those years
edit on 6-1-2013 by apecar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

www.bbc.co.uk

It's 27 October 1954. A reserve game between Fiorentina and nearby rivals Pistoiese is under way at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

A crowd of around 10,000 has gathered to watch. Among them is Gigi Boni (second left in the picture) a lifelong Fiorentina fan who in later years would become the co-ordinator of the club's supporters group.

Now in his eighties Boni still has vivid memories of watching in disbelief as UFOs hovered above the stadium.
(visit the link for the full news article)

I'm always interesting in early sightings when the word "egg" is mentioned in the article.. When Gary Wilcox had his experience it was with an "egg" shaped craft. That was in 1964 April 24th at about 10 am. of course Lonnie Zamora saw his "egg" shaped craft at about 4:00 pm in New Mexico. Gary stated that two beings came out of their craft and it was stated in his testimony that they said they were from mars.,

I've sensed that the crafts that we see and are trying to be made public by the aliens, like a appearing to public for intentional purposed could be the ones from "MARS" which I think is an underground civilization.

So the ones that do abductions seem to be so advanced they have what I think are crafts that can travel light years and are inter-dimensional and are kinda sneaky
Go to places not to be seen by public but can abduct on a drop of a dime. Such as in the case of Travis Walton. Zap him in the back and bring em right up with an incredibly advanced lazar system etc.

But the ones that LOVE to go public could be even currently or past decades are from MARS because they are RELATED to us and have an interest in our welfare. Not to abduct and get us pi$$ed at them.
They of course don't want to jump into our problems, I think it is a inter - stellar requirement that they back off of interfering unless we get our atomic bombs too close to them for comfort.

I call it "THE MARTIAN DAZZLE"
Maybe they are the ones that dazzled Dwight Eisenhower when he met with beings from a different planet during his presidency at Holloman Air Force Base . He probably would be the only president that had that privilege because of his military standing which of course no other president could come close to. I think the Russian president is coming out of the closet about beings being on earth and their bases here.

The martian dazzle could be the phoenix lights, what this thread is about, of course the famous 1964 sightings such as Donald Shrum (Aliens in the Forest" book). Of course the (tie -ins) Lonnie Zamora and Gary Wilcox. because both beings were on earth, the same year, same day, same type oval craft, similar dressed uniforms, same size beings, similar coverings over their faces. (NOT THE BUG EYED) GREYS).

So I again say. most of the public sightings could very well be our nearest neighbors.
I say they are not the abductors but when instructed to do so they appear in public mass sightings. But they do it the way nasa leaks the mars artifact photos: one small step at a time through a lengthy period of time. Which would make Richard Hoagland's hair turn dark youthful hair to white..

Notice the word "egg" in the article:

I understand the word cuban cigar was mentioned as well but I think Donald Shrum in 1964 was visited by martians when he saw similar beings come out of what looked like a cigar shaped mother ship.

The debunkers can laugh at all of this, but from Linda Mouton Howe's Coast to Coast interview with a prison guard's testimony of seeing a ufo going from uncloaked to cloaked,you have just got to accept the reality that they are incredible advanced. But either way it is mighty interesting I think.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Ex USAF employee and CSICOP 'debunker' James McGaha explains how the mass UFO sighting at Fiorentina's stadium was caused by 'spiders'.

James McGaha, astronomer and director of the Grasslands Observatory in Tucson, Arizona, comments, “When I looked at this case originally I thought perhaps it was a fireball, a very bright meteor breaking up in the atmosphere. They can be cigar-shaped with pieces breaking off. But it became fairly apparent that this was actually caused by young spiders spinning webs, very, very thin webs.” He explains that migrating spiders “use these webs as sails and they link together and you get a big glob of this stuff in the sky and the spiders ride on this to move between locations.”

McGaha is a noted skeptic who relishes the opportunity to explain away any and all UFO sightings, because, after all, the “UFO phenomenon is nothing but myth, magic and superstition,” according to him.

Pinotti disagrees with the spider theory for a variety of reasons. He points to the analysis done on the “angel hair.” The BBC points out, “Spider silk is a protein – an organic compound containing nitrogen, calcium, hydrogen and oxygen – not the elements reportedly found in the samples.” Philip Ball, a science writer and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, agrees that the spider theory is thin. “Magnesium and calcium are fairly common elements in living bodies, boron and silicon much less so – but if these were the main elements that the white fluff contained, it doesn’t sound to me as though they’d come from spiders,” he explains.

Oh. And then there were the 10,000 witnesses who watched the UFO(s) “moving very fast and then they just stopped.”
It’s unlikely that this sixty-year-old mass UFO sighting mystery will ever be definitively solved. And, based on witness testimony and scientific analysis, it’s also unlikely that spiders are a realistic possibility.

Link

NB - This is the same guy who believes the Trumbull County Police UFO case from Ohio on December 14, 1994 was caused by 'twinkling stars'.

The Trumbull County, Ohio UFO Incident of December 14, 1994

top topics

<< 1   >>

join