It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day UFOs hovered over Fiorentina's Stadio Artemio Franchi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The day UFOs hovered over Fiorentina's Stadio Artemio Franchi

www.bbc.co.uk

It's 27 October 1954. A reserve game between Fiorentina and nearby rivals Pistoiese is under way at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

A crowd of around 10,000 has gathered to watch. Among them is Gigi Boni (second left in the picture) a lifelong Fiorentina fan who in later years would become the co-ordinator of the club's supporters group.

Now in his eighties Boni still has vivid memories of watching in disbelief as UFOs hovered above the stadium.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What a brilliant story, players and fans alike watch as UFOs hover directly above the stadium:

"I remember clearly seeing this incredible sight. They were moving very fast and then they just stopped. It all lasted a couple of minutes. I would like to describe them as being like Cuban cigars. They just reminded me of Cuban cigars, in the way they looked."

Almost 60 years later Boni and three of the players have returned to the Stadio Artemio Franchi for the BBC's World Football programme.

Ardico Magnini is something of a legend at Fiorentina. He was a key player in the Fiorentina side of the 1950s and also played for Italy at the 1954 World Cup.

"I remember everything from A to Z," Magnini recalls. "While we were playing the match everything came to a stop because everybody was looking up at the sky intensely."

So, was it aliens? Pistoiese players Romolo Tuci and Ronaldo Lomi have no doubt that it was. Tuci, still sprightly in his seventies, feels blessed to have witnessed such a strange event.

Absolutely incredible and in all my studying of the topic (UFOs I mean although I like my football also), I had never even heard of this event. Wonder if the Vatican had this event in my mind when the opened to the possibility of extra-terrestrial life?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Not doubting what they said they saw,but with that many people,surely someone had a camera.
It was 1954.
I wonder if there is some obscure picture out there of that event.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
"They" came from another Galaxy??? Sure....beats Venus in 1954.

"They".. so how many were there? Noone says.

"They" looked like Cuba Cigars....or Eggs??

Yes my cigars look like eggs too...not.

Surely there would be one box brownie or Hasselblad photo out of 10,000 people....and what about some of the other 10,000 coming forward now......Im sure their memories from 1954 would be as clear as mud.

Photos or it didnt happen....right? Obviously 10,000 people and 22 players had a mass delusion.....Probably some Russian or German spy plane...for the next World Cup...

No, Im not getting cynical....who would think that??

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

UFOs plural mate, there was more than one and yes, you are extremely cynical.

The usual approach by authorities to this kind of thing is to confiscate as much as evidence as possible. There may be pictures, but I'll bet most aren't available to us

edit on 4-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Yes...well thanks...so plural you say....So how many is that? 2, 3 4 ?

A normal human curiosity (by the article writer) would be to ask, "So how many objects were there".

Dont you think?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Well it depends, this story is actually focused on the football aspect, so I don't think there were ufologists present. I'll tell you when I translate the documentation on the case, it's all in Italian

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Zcustosmorum, good call mate and let's hope the BBC start actually publicizing some of the more truly puzzling UFO cases out there (it's not as if there's any shortage of them).

Here's an existing thread from ImShrike which also mentions the football stadium sightings.

Detailed Ufo case: Florence, Italy 1954,

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks for the additional info mate, angel hair cases are fascinating and in all the times I've heard about it, it usually always says "it evaporates when it is touched" and it is like "spiders web".

Originally posted by gort51

Yes...well thanks...so plural you say....So how many is that? 2, 3 4 ?

A normal human curiosity (by the article writer) would be to ask, "So how many objects were there".

Dont you think?

There was at least 2 and I can tell you this, according to the info, the match was abandoned due to the incident.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I can't believe how, in the article you show, the scientific concludes that if he saw a UFO ( disks here ) he would simply chose to not believe his eyes.

How can he support the idea of a collective illusion when people outside the stadium also saw them...

Just wow... lol

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

what the heck is a stadio flourentine whatever,???? Did i just time warp to three 300 spartans,
Or my high school Spanish class. English dude...English!!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

No probs mate and it's a great shame the video showing interviews with the stadium witnesses was removed from Youtube - will have a search round for another copy.

Originally posted by NowanKenubi

I can't believe how, in the article you show, the scientific concludes that if he saw a UFO ( disks here ) he would simply chose to not believe his eyes.

Well it wouldn't be the first time that kind of mindset has been observed - here's another example from the 1952 Bethune/Gander incident where a psychiatrist abjectly refused to acknowledge the existence of a UFO - probably a good career move.

"Then the UFO appeared over to the right, moved out slowly and flew with us. It was not at our altitude, but we could see the shape of it. It was a dome and I could see the coronal discharge. I went back aft, let the other pilot, Al Jones, take my seat, and went to see if the passengers were OK. They had some bumps and bruises. One passenger was a doctor so I went to him first. I said: 'Doc, did you see what we saw?' He looked me straight in the eye and said: 'Yeah, it was a flying saucer.' He said: 'I didn't look at it because I don't believe in such things.' It took me a couple of seconds to realize what he was saying. Being a psychiatrist, he couldn't believe in that kind of thing."

link

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

no TV crew? wow

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Very cool indeed. Ive never come across this one before. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Sounds like a fantastic spectical. Imagine if there had been a tv crew there!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Actually there are Images and footage in the National tv archives. Angel hairs can be seen, togheter with lots of shiny spheres above the football field.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JerkyBeer

what the heck is a stadio flourentine whatever,???? Did i just time warp to three 300 spartans,
Or my high school Spanish class. English dude...English!!!!!

Sorry mate, for my American buddies, Fiorentina are an Italian soccer team and the Stadio Artemio Franchi was the name of their stadium back then.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Not doubting what they said they saw,but with that many people,surely someone had a camera.
It was 1954.
I wonder if there is some obscure picture out there of that event.

Did you read the story in a random order starting some where around the middle and finishing at the start?

What a silly response.

Great story OP. S+F Iv never heard of this one before.
edit on 5-1-2013 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the info!

I really wish somthing like this can happen during an El Classico game. What is needed is a mass sighting of epic proportions as it seems governments, with the exception of a very few,continue to discredit the phenomena whilst studying it seriously at the same time.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

That would truly be something if it happened mate, 100,000 crammed into the Nou Camp, not to mention the millions watching via TV. (assuming there were no electromagnetic effects), all seeing these objects, would kinda make it hard to deny for the TPTB

edit on 5-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by apecar
Actually there are Images and footage in the National tv archives. Angel hairs can be seen, togheter with lots of shiny spheres above the football field.

Hi apecar

Any chance you could post a link to this, i did a search but can't find nothing.
thanks in advance

B W

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join