It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My gun is to protect me from gun owners.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have no fear of being shot but you liberals. When shtf, via power outage or disaster, im grabbing my rifle from its storaged away location to protect my family from gun nuts. I have a bat for anyone who b and e's. I got fists and a pocket knife for most arguements. my rifle, on the other hand, is to combat all those who hav guns. just food for thought. i find it ironic. its not for the government, the have me outgunned.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So it begins.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
An armed society is a polite society. You see how well this works?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Congrats! Your number 1! Another great gun thread!

Wait...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
once upon a time my wife's nephew had a girlfriend her dad didn't want the two together and one day out of frustration he forbid her to see him and the boy was devastated so the two fathers got into a war of words over the phone and the nephew's father finally told the girls father he was coming to his house to beat him up!

he went, he got 100 yards from his house and the girls father shot the boys father right in the eye and he died instantly.

the end.

imagination, fear, cowardice and a gun in the house lead to this and now.. one man dead and two families destroyed.

i'm all for protecting my family to lethality, in fact i have a shotgun in the closet right next to my front door because "real life" can be every bit as horrifying, if not more so than tv and movies but this guy had plenty of time to call the police.

the moral of this story is.. "banning" isn't the answer because no one will give up their right to protect their families and you can't know who will do something as stupid as the father in my story did and i've posted this before.. all this talk about banning guns is the very best marketing ploy ever.

i bet you that if someone dose a study of statistics of gun sales, "pre-banning talk" rhetoric to present i'm sure we'd all see a huge spike in sales... anyway... there is no answer because it's all a marketing scheme just like when a bad storm is coming and mass media screams at you to immediately run to the grocery store to buy milk!!!

furthermore.. every anti-gun pacifist posting here or anywhere i bet they've never suffered a horrific loss and Thank God for that but in that situation the very first thought would be.. "oh God i wish i had a gun!" i guarantee that. just my opinion.

it's the individual/s not the "gun".

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by n3mesis

A quote I heard earlier today on this site continues to explain much.

Replace the father's firearm with a sword or a bow or simply a stone and the point will still be made.

"Every generation will claim something new to be what's wrong with today.
When in reality, people are still the same." - Socrates

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

This comes to mind.

Just sayin.
edit on 4-1-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

A quote I heard earlier today on this site continues to explain much.

Replace the father's firearm with a sword or a bow or simply a stone and the point will still be made.

"Every generation will claim something new to be what's wrong with today.
When in reality, people are still the same." - Socrates

Mkoll, very fitting and and as true today as it was when Socrates first said it!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Regardless of your personal justification, it is good to see that you are exercising your rights as a citizen.
When and if your personal situation disallows the consideration of using bats, fists and knives you'll still be "free" to pick up your firearm in your own defense - just a tip, a handgun will be a bit easier to wield if you're physically impaired.

ganjoa

top topics

join