It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coulter Tears Into Liberal Gun Hypocrisy: Why Can't We Publish List Of Women Who Get Abortions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by sconner755

The law states you have the right to own a gun. It says nothing about appropriate safety mechanisms in a society that is addicted to violence, glorifies murder and considers violence to be a means of moving forward.

If people were actually willing to act like adults with their firearms, then a registry is not necessary. But clearly we know there are evil folk out there who want to just go out and kill people and I'd rather inconvenience many in order to catch the few that might kill innocent people.

I also never stated in any circumstance. I was speaking to guns specifically.

~Tenth
edit on 1/4/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Clearly history has proven the fallacy of this thinking.

The people who follow the rules will register their guns. They are not the problem.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vidpci

We have incidents of people attacking doctors who preform abortions.

We have no reports of gun owners being attacked for owning a gun.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Maybe because one group actively murders children on a daily and another is just a "potential threat"?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

ya know, i've not seen any US law that "states i have the right to own a gun" ... where exactly does this law exist ?

actually, the Constitution specifically guarantees that the government has -0- say in ownership of 'arms' of any kind. of course, we've seen how the anti-crowd along-side the government has claimed authority where none exists.

perhaps it is your misunderstanding of the right in question ?
a registry is never necessary, regardless of behavior.

I'd rather inconvenience many in order to catch the few that might kill innocent people.
so, in light of the fact that no such authority exists, you still favor oppression ??
interesting ...

while i find Coulter's remarks reprehensible, misleading and completely off the mark ... your persistence that an imaginary law exists is even more disturbing.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vidpci

They are not murdering children.

See how you seem crazy now.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Vidpci

They are not murdering children.

See how you seem crazy now.

Stopping a human heart from beating is not murder.

See how you seem crazy now?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Not really.

All the shootings of recent memory were done with legal purchased fire arms. Clearly something with the current system is not working if whackos can still legally buy guns and then off two dozen people in 20 minutes.

Sure, criminals don't get legal guns , but that's not what were talking about here.

We should be checking for mental illness and criminal history and register gun owners. No need to make guns illegal, you just need better oversight. This is probably the only topic that I would advocate for MORE government intervention as opposed to less.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

More people die per year due to deer attacks in the United States than mass shootings. Clearly we need to do something about deer.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

You have the right to bear arms.

The 2nd amendment allows you to carry and own fire arms.

How is that not a law?

ANd by your logic that means we should not register sex offenders? Cause it doesn't matter what they did right? No need to keep track of them?

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Vidpci

We have incidents of people attacking doctors who preform abortions.

We have no reports of gun owners being attacked for owning a gun.
so, you're discounting robberies/burglaries to get the guns as something else ??
and if so, what would that else be ??

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vidpci

No.

More people die of gun violence, than they do of deer attacks. That argument is a straw man.

Mass Shootings? Sure.

It doesn't change the fact that registering fire arms is the right thing to do in the society that America has built itself.

Personally I wish such things weren't necessary, but Americans have created an atmosphere where it is.

Truth.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

You cannot predict people going bat#........ It's not possible. Sorry. I know vietnam vets with PTSD that have guns, and have not gone on killing sprees. I know Iraq vets with guns, PTSD, and have not gone out killing random people. Trying to take away people's right to bare arms, is never going to help! Ever. And good luck disarming those vets, really, good luck.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Not really.

All the shootings of recent memory were done with legal purchased fire arms. Clearly something with the current system is not working if whackos can still legally buy guns and then off two dozen people in 20 minutes.

Sure, criminals don't get legal guns , but that's not what were talking about here.

We should be checking for mental illness and criminal history and register gun owners. No need to make guns illegal, you just need better oversight. This is probably the only topic that I would advocate for MORE government intervention as opposed to less.

~Tenth

The system was designed to make sure the rights of the individuals were preserved.

The problem was the lack of effective security. The government got it right with airports. Nobody is going into an airport and shooting up people.

Ultimately, freedom comes with consequences. The alternative, that just just government has guns, has led to far more killings.

link   

Define deer attacks. If you count people killed in car accidents involving deer, then you are dead wrong.
edit on Fri, 04 Jan 2013 20:00:01 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

link   

And how many in that "gun violence" statistic is suicide? It's a straw man either way.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think the REAL issue here, that nobody wants to talk about, at least concerning the mass shootings, is what all these people have in common. They're all doped up on doctor prescribed hallucinogen drugs. Society has a twisted fetish with worshiping doctors to the point that they're NEVER in the wrong. Mix all those pharma pills with violent movies and video games... not to mention a Government that loves to stage FALSE FLAGS... and you have your culprits.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
99.9% of gun owners are responsible and safety-conscious. I totally see what the anti-gun crowd is trying to do in their pitifully single-minded reasoning. Ann Coulter can be irritatingly SPOT-ON sometimes. She's right.

Let's start publishing any and everything that is public record!! People behind on their taxes? Publish the list. Filed bankruptcy? Publish it.

They are trying to manipulate the American people using psychological conditioning. Don't fall for it!

They are publishing the records of LEGAL gun owners like they publish pedophile addresses. They are trying to make gun owners feel shame. It is so obvious, it should make your head spin.

DON'T FALL FOR IT! 99.9% of gun owners are safety-conscious and responsible. There is absolutely no reason to allow this kind of intimidation and mindf**king (excuse my French)!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

wait a minute ...
how can you say both of these in the same post ??

All the shootings of recent memory were done with legal purchased fire arms

criminals don't get legal guns , but that's not what were talking about here
are you serious ???

the paper didn't even out gun owners, just permit holders.
what Coulter suggests isn't even comparable.

as for legally purchased vs "criminals don't get legal guns" ... how do you figure that ?

the most recent shooting infers that the "criminal" got legal guns ... so, what are you saying ?
please, no more government where they have NO authority.

and lastly, how would a mental evaluation of the gun owner have helped the kids in CT ??+
please, expand on that thought cause i just can't see it.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The whole concept of paying your debt to society falls apart when you start these BS registries. You are supposed to be done and have a clean slate after serving your time. Might as well just execute everyone that is arrested and "convicted" if this is no longer the case. Hell, even being arrested and proven innocent can be enough to lose you a good job. Registries are totally against everything the law is supposed to stand for.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm not advocating disarming anybody.

What I'm advocating is making sure there is adequate information to do risk assesment.

That's all.

As for deer related deaths, the information I can find on the net states that there is about 200 deaths per year from vehicle collisions involving deer.

I'm pretty sure there are more than 200 gun related deaths in the states...per month.

~Tenth

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join