It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coulter Tears Into Liberal Gun Hypocrisy: Why Can't We Publish List Of Women Who Get Abortions?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vidpci
reply to post by stupid girl

Technically it's about both guns and abortion is it not?

Those are the 2 points that were raised here.

Yes, I suppose you are correct. However I was under the impression that the 2 points were raised in regard to 'Liberal Gun Hypocrisy'. The prevailing issue of debate being the rights and treatment of gun owners.

I would strongly suggest keeping the morality of abortion neutered, lest your thread delve into an unsightly abyss of piss and vinegar, and negating anything you may have originally intended to accomplish with it.

Just a suggestion. It's your thread, not mine.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

The law states you have the right to own a gun. It says nothing about appropriate safety mechanisms in a society that is addicted to violence, glorifies murder and considers violence to be a means of moving forward.

If people were actually willing to act like adults with their firearms, then a registry is not necessary. But clearly we know there are evil folk out there who want to just go out and kill people and I'd rather inconvenience many in order to catch the few that might kill innocent people.

I also never stated in any circumstance. I was speaking to guns specifically.

~Tenth
edit on 1/4/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Someone should have aborted Coulter.

This world would have been a better place.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I heed your point and take appreciation to it. And you're right, this is about gun control hypocrisy more so than abortion. But the fact is, any woman, regardless of mental state, can walk into a clinic across America, without even informing the father, and kill her unborn child. Yet if someone chooses to exercise their 2nd amendment right, they're to be outed like criminals based on a POTENTIAL threat.

It doesn't sit right with me.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I heed your point and take appreciation to it. And you're right, this is about gun control hypocrisy more so than abortion. But the fact is, any woman, regardless of mental state, can walk into a clinic across America, without even informing the father, and kill her unborn child. Yet if someone chooses to exercise their 2nd amendment right, they're to be outed like criminals based on a POTENTIAL threat.

Once again, no argument.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

reply to post by kthxbai

I said in my OP that I have an issue with late term abortion and women that use it as birth control. If you think that aborting a 7 month old fetus is right, or that women can walk around and murder a fetus at whim because it's their womanly right, them I'm sorry, we're at a cross roads.

At the end of the day, these women (and doctors) stop human hearts from beating on a daily basis. Yet gun owners need to be thrown out to the wolves. How does that make sense?
edit on 4-1-2013 by Vidpci because: (no reason given)

I don't support late term abortions, nor do I personally support abortion at all, however, abortion is legal, the woman having an abortion is not considered a murderer whether you like it or not.

I DO support abortion remaining legal, but at the same time, use the pro-choice options to make the choice not to be a participant in one.

If you don't support abortion, don't have an abortion or agree to an abortion if your spouse wishes to explore the possibility. It really is as simple as that. You cannot dictate what other people choose to do, it's not your right, it's not your place.

So many people scream and rant about their own "right" (choice) to own a gun, then turn around and tell someone else they have no "right" (choice) in a different matter. If you are pro-gun but not pro-choice, you are a hypocrit. If you are pro-choice and anti-gun, you are a hypocrit. Granted, one can be supportive of early term abortion as a choice and a partial ban on assault weapons and be at peace with what they choose, but you can't be pro one and anti the other. It doesn't work that way... unless you're a hypocrit.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, because I really don't know....

Why are medical records considered confidential / personal information that is not allowed to be released to the public?

Who/what entities are legally allowed to view an individuals confidential medical records? Under what circumstances?

Again, just curious on why medical records of an individual are so sacred.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

You can own a gun without ever stopping a human heart from beating.

Quote the law all you want, fact is fact.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Would you want the entire world to know you had the clap?
Or herpes?

Those are couple reasons I can think of, right off hand.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

reply to post by kthxbai

You can own a gun without ever stopping a human heart from beating.

Quote the law all you want, fact is fact.

It's a good thing since I own several. However, I'm also pro-choice because I choose to not be a hypocrit. How about you?

Do you feel it's your "right" to own a gun yet don't feel it's someone else's "right" to make their own choice?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vidpci

Coulter is to the right as Alan Colmes is to the left, I don't really put much effort into trying to understand what come out of either of their pie holes.......

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Why do we call them "liberals" If they want to restrict freedom?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Sadly I agree, the woman is an idiot, We have laws protecting the right to guns and the rights to abortion, also is more laws to protect the medical records of private citizens, the woman makes no sense and only shows how an idiot she is along with her agendas.

Sadly we have plenty of public figures and politicians that are in the same category.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Why do we call them "conservatives" if they don't want to conserve the laws and freedoms they don't agree with?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kthxbai

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Why do we call them "conservatives" if they don't want to conserve the laws and freedoms they don't agree with?

Why do we have government?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

I view abortion as a necessary evil up until the point that there is a heart beat. We have to remember who founded planned parenthood and the racist garbage that evil woman spewed. If you want to use abortion as birth control, do it before there is a heart beating.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Maybe we should register adults and have them apply for permits before they can have a child. Parenting classes and mental disorder tests to make sure they are qualified. Along with drug and alcohol testing, plus weekly check ups to make sure the children arent being abused! Then also post online, those who were not qualified to own chldren or had them taken away because of not comforming to the government "standard".

Better yet, take children away from thier parents and let only the government raise them, that way we could stop child abuse, since children cant be abused if the parent isnt there to abuse them!

What about an online data base showing the inventory (TV, jewelery, money, ETC.) of every household in america, that way the thieves would know which house to rob, to make it worth thier while!!

or lets just leave all our doors unlocked, that way we could do away with breaking and entering...it would be just come on in and take my stuff!!! Crime would decrease dramatically!!

Some believe abortion is murder and some dont like guns....so why are we allowed to violate the rights of one and not the other. Last I checked abortion wasnt part of the Bill of Rights!

When a person takes a life.....where do we draw the line, When is it called murder or self defense??? The law only really accounts for 1 or the other doesnt it??

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

psssssst, yea,,,,you,,,,,come here,,,,,,let me tell you a secret......they are all facists, the only thing that makes them different is the fact that there are "useful idiots" that still believe they are in it as public servants.........

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The laws of the United States government violates the constitution of the United States.
edit on 4-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by forgetmenot

Could say the same about the "gun problem", yet people want to mess with me because I have lots of scary guns. I used one gun on another person in my life, when he charged me with a knife. Moron lived because I used bird shot, bet his night sucked though. That is 3 shots out of over a million shots I have shot, that harmed another person, and said person was asking for it.
edit on Fri, 04 Jan 2013 19:40:51 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join