It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alligator Defies Science Just to be Killed Anyway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Elvis the allegator who is a member of a wild life preserve survived a Bowie knife attack thru the brain over the weekend. The park officials stated that the allagator never was a problem and never made contact with humans, but however since he had obvious contact eveidenced by the large knife in his brain, he would have to be destroyed. This comes from a press release made by officials Monday following the attack on the allagator, there was no evidence or reports of injury or near death accounts however that warranted the destruction of this animal a year long resident of the park.

So essentially you get stabbed you survive and someone just wants to come along and kill you anyway, that sucks...

He should be relocated to a zoo or something like be relocated to where he wont get stabbed in the brain anymore not killed.

Mod Edit: Fixed All Caps Title

[edit on 26-10-2004 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yeah, poor fella.

So, no one knows how the bowie knife got put through his head?

Zip

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Bastards.

Do you have any sources to that article?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I saw this on the news this morning...it sickens me! What makes people so damn mean! My Grnadfather who lived on the edge of a swapm back home, had a huge gator he would call up and feed, this ritual went on for years...he loved that old gator...someone shot it one day. I just don't understand people

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
Bastards.

Do you have any sources to that article?

It was aired 5 times in the last 2 hours in the live broadcasts of Headline news digital cable channel 42 I will see if it is on the net yet for you , OK

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Yeah, poor fella.

So, no one knows how the bowie knife got put through his head?

Zip

No the gator was first seen with the knife already in place by tourists who reported it after seeing the odd sight on sunday.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I saw this on the news this morning...it sickens me! What makes people so damn mean! My Grnadfather who lived on the edge of a swapm back home, had a huge gator he would call up and feed, this ritual went on for years...he loved that old gator...someone shot it one day. I just don't understand people

Interesting I'm a swamp baby and our folks did the same thats what first drew my attention to the story. I thought someone got ate playing with one or something. Thinking if you can feed then then why cant you play with them.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Havent watched any news today which means i have missed any headlines whatnot, so im catching up on ats at the moment.

LadyV i dont understand some people either, but theres always going to be people who make life miserable in the short and long term for other good doers.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
one or something. Thinking if you can feed then then why cant you play with them.

No, you can't play with them...you can't really train them, but youcan call them for food...they can learn that a certian call=food. I was never allowed near the back swamp area, and I had to stand well off when he was feeding it.....he loved biscuits!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
According to this article, they are still deciding whether to put him to sleep or in an animal refuge.

Residents Upset After Alligator Is Stabbed In The Head

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
According to this article, they are still deciding whether to put him to sleep or in an animal refuge.

Residents Upset After Alligator Is Stabbed In The Head

Thanks for the link ,,,,,,the live broacast stated it had been decided already though. It is on right now Sarasota county officials it will have to be put down because it had contact with humans, and they stated that in the year the gator has been there it has never been a problem.

[edit on 26/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
one or something. Thinking if you can feed then then why cant you play with them.

No, you can't play with them...you can't really train them, but youcan call them for food...they can learn that a certian call=food. I was never allowed near the back swamp area, and I had to stand well off when he was feeding it.....he loved biscuits!

It was scarey the first time I got close enough to lighty toss a whole dead chicken into her mouth, it was the creepiest thing hearing the bones crack as the gator repositioned it to eventually swollow it whole.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If they put him out I want the tail. Thats good eat'n.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
If they put him out I want the tail. Thats good eat'n.

True, but this death will be wrong. It defied all odds and yet is being killed sad sad thing.

top topics

join