It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Package is Wrapped - MLK Day 2013

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Today the Electoral College Count Affirms Obama's Win

So, when is the inauguartion? Martin Luther King Day 2013.

Is this the first time a President has been inauguarted on Martin Luther King Day? As far as I can tell, YES!

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

Ronald Reagan signed the holiday into law in 1983, and it was first observed on January 20, 1986.

Martin Luther Day is observed on the third Monday in January which falls on the 21st in 2013.

US Presedential Inauguration Dates

Presidential inaugurations fall on the 20th of January, unless it is a Sunday. This year it falls on a Sunday. That moves the date to the next Monday.

Sunday exceptions

From the years 1793 to 1933, the addresses were given on March 4 with only four exceptions. Because March 4 fell on a Sunday in each of their respective inaugural years, Monroe, Taylor, Hayes and Wilson each gave an address on Monday, March 5. Since 1937, addresses have been given on January 20 with only two exceptions (other than following a premature end to the presidential term). Presidents Eisenhower and Reagan each gave an address on Monday, January 21. The next inauguration day that will fall on a Sunday is January 20, 2013.

There have been several 21st of January inaugurations; but, this will be the first one since MLK Day was started. The last time that inauguartion day fell on the 21st was 21 January 1985 - Ronald Reagan's inauguration.

So, now that the November 2012 election was ACTUALLY finalized today with the congressional count of the electoral votes - the package is wrapped. The package's ribbon cutting this coming 21st of January is a doubly unique day for persons who identify themselves as Black.

I Have A Dream

edit on 4/1/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't get it.

2nd......

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Obama - Black
MLK - Fought for black rights.

It makes the day doubly proud for African Americans.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I think what that person meant was:

What "package" is the OP talking about?
And why should anyone be proud of anything to do with any of our Presidents since JFK?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

The package is no doubt meant as "a present/gift" to the African American people of the first black president being sworn in on that day.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Obama - Black

So, his white mother is totally irrelevant?
I wonder, if he wouldve taken on a more caucasian appearance, would they be so excited by this?
In fact, would he have even been elected?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Sorry, no. The package (I think and write as a writer) is the theme. The final stamp on the electoral vote is the end of the election process (the package.) The ribbon cutting is the inauguration ceremony. Sorry, I think in symbols.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Obama - Black

I wonder, if he wouldve taken on a more caucasian appearance, would they be so excited by this?

To us, he's as much white as black - but - during his first inauguration he had to choose white, black or other and he CHOSE to be considered "black".

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Obama - Black

Well you know, once you get one drop of black blood in you, your black.

Just the way it is. His mom is irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Looks African American to me......besides, weren't we all once black until we left Africa.

Who cares anyway, I say judge him by the job he does, not by the colour of his skin, or his parents.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Looks African American to me......besides, weren't we all once black until we left Africa.

Who cares anyway, I say judge him by the job he does, not by the colour of his skin, or his parents.

Precisely. That's the relevance of the coincidence about Martin Luther King Day being the same day Obama is inaugurated. MLK's dream fulfilled.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I have judged him by the job hes done and if everyone else did the same, he wouldnt have been re-elected.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Guess you can finally blame the majority and not the minority then

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I blame people of all races that voted for him based on his color instead of his credentials and accomplishments.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Get back on topic.

This is about the inauguration day falling on MLK day this year and the fulfillment of MLK's dream.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

Precisely. That's the relevance of the coincidence about Martin Luther King Day being the same day Obama is inaugurated. MLK's dream fulfilled.

Actually, it's the exact opposite.

Martin Luther King's dream was that we be judged by the content of our character, not the color of our skin. The very fact that you even bring Obama's blackness into this negates the dream being fulfilled.

Ironic that the entire MSM will be blathering on about the same thing on the 21st.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

Very good point there.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
So, when is the inauguartion? Martin Luther King Day 2013.

Is this the first time a President has been inauguarted on Martin Luther King Day? As far as I can tell, YES!

en.wikipedia.org...

January 20, 1997 coincided with the American national holiday commemorating the birthday of the famous Martin Luther King Jr. The President’s speech addressed Dr. King and his legacy as a champion of African American rights and freedoms during the civil rights era. In addition, a meal was eaten after the oath was taken at the Capitol’s Statutory Hall that was based on traditional recipes from President Thomas Jefferson’s era.[1]

edit on 1/5/13 by ElijahWan because: shorten quote

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

Correct and verifed that MLK Day was the third Monday in 1997. www.timeanddate.com...

So, this isn't the "first" time a President was inaugurated on the MLK holiday.

Good point

edit on 5/1/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
IMHO Obama is not really black. He is Indonesian and a Jew. According to Jewish tradition even a partial Jew equals an entire Jew. Because of his mother's ancestry Obama is a Jew. The black part is questionable since he won't divulge his birth certificate to prove he is black genetically - along with the potential that he is actually Indonesian because he may have been Soetoro's love child. With no proof of who the father is most revert to the fact that the mother is Jewish and therefore he is Jewish - which is provable.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join