It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by stormy46237
I know this has been addressed here before but not in recent history so I'm going to dredge it back up again.
Does anyone else out there deal with this phenomenon? I blow light bulbs weekly, fry just about any computer I try to use (even with a static strap), lights go on an off as I walk or drive past them and lately, just about anything electrical that I get near ends up terminally fried with no darn good explanation. Cell phones are a bad one too. It doesn't matter whose phone I'm trying to use, even if it's fully charged, it will shut itself off and not turn back on till recharged. I wear hearing aids... or tried to. The batteries are supposed to give me 90 hours of use but they fry after a day. I gave up. Something happened today that scared the crap out of me and I can only hope that I'm just being over sensitive about it but... more on that later if anyone is interested.
This has been something that my mother had issues with; wind up watches only, she fried battery powered, calculators went wonky the minute she touched them. My son blows light bulbs to the point I've seen them "pop". It used to be kind of fun freaking people out with it because sometimes I could say "watch this" and watch their eyes get huge. Now, it's not so fun anymore and getting expensive.
Years ago, there were a few TV programs on the phenomenon and it was in the news a little. Now I can't find much discussion on it. I know I'm not alone.
Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by stormy46237
i usually wear a magnet bracelet to help with back/neck pain issues.
one day, he had a couple magnets in his pants pocket (anti-theft devices from work) and when we were together, my bracelet broke and i asked him to 'hold' it for me. (no pockets)
later that evening, when he came by the shop, i wasn't able to 'see' his approach.
we discussed it at great length and determined the magnets must provide some kind of interference, maybe ?
neither of us are wholly convinced that the magnets are responsible but what we do know is it worked.
i never believed the magnets would help to manage my pain until i tried them.
and for me, a bracelet or two beats a lifetime of pills, anyday.
good luck, give it a try and let us know if you get any relief