It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SLIders aka Street Light Interference Data Exchange Receiver(s)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I know this has been addressed here before but not in recent history so I'm going to dredge it back up again.

Does anyone else out there deal with this phenomenon? I blow light bulbs weekly, fry just about any computer I try to use (even with a static strap), lights go on an off as I walk or drive past them and lately, just about anything electrical that I get near ends up terminally fried with no darn good explanation. Cell phones are a bad one too. It doesn't matter whose phone I'm trying to use, even if it's fully charged, it will shut itself off and not turn back on till recharged. I wear hearing aids... or tried to. The batteries are supposed to give me 90 hours of use but they fry after a day. I gave up. Something happened today that scared the crap out of me and I can only hope that I'm just being over sensitive about it but... more on that later if anyone is interested.

This has been something that my mother had issues with; wind up watches only, she fried battery powered, calculators went wonky the minute she touched them. My son blows light bulbs to the point I've seen them "pop". It used to be kind of fun freaking people out with it because sometimes I could say "watch this" and watch their eyes get huge. Now, it's not so fun anymore and getting expensive.

Years ago, there were a few TV programs on the phenomenon and it was in the news a little. Now I can't find much discussion on it. I know I'm not alone.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stormy46237

My husband does the same thing, although not to your extent.

What happened?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Reminds me of that 90's movie Powder.

Not sure what else to say.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I've never blown any bulbs, but batteries drain exceptionally fast around me and cars with new batteries have trouble starting when I drive them. The most paranormal thing electric wise I've encountered personally is electric devices stay on in my presence even when unplugged. Radios, TV sets, laptops, and most other small devices.

It would truly suck to be in your situation, as prices continue to rise. Maybe try to find shoes that ground you better???

Also: no matter what vehicle I drive, I always get a strong shock when I touch the outter frame. Feels like I'm touching a cow fence.
edit on 4-1-2013 by W0mbat because: strong static shocks EVERYWHERE

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
did you get bit by anything in a lab? sounds like your developing super powers.
the worst is yet to come, now you'll have to think of a name and start wearing spandex.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Ugh. This is so weird, I feel like a freak talking about it.

I have pretty much had the day from hell and got myself so wound up I decided to get out and blow some steam. I stopped by the local mom & pop for a pack of smokes and a soda. The lights in the cooler went out...didn't think much of if. Then I went to the grocery and when I swiped my card, the damn system froze up. Still didn't think anything. Then I went to the local Goodwill to bum around and as I walked past this lady who had just checked out, she fell flat on the floor, unconscious. I've got some training so I tried to attend to the her and talked to her daughter who was with her and she said "we need an ambulance now, Mom has a pacemaker". I stayed till the EMTs arrived but driving home it hit me... could I have...?

Crazy, I know, but when I'm emotionally charged up (sorry for the pun), the SLI thing seems to be worse.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

Nah, I'm still fairly convinced it has to do with a static charge of some kind. That's why I wear a static band when on my PC or Laptop. I get more life out of them that way.

If I have super powers then so did my mother and so does my son. He's as bad as I am. Sucks to be him because he's a musician and the electronics in his guitars hate him.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

sorry if this sounds stupid, but but i looked on google and apparantly using fabric softner might help you out.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

Hehehe... Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormy46237
reply to post by smyleegrl

Ugh. This is so weird, I feel like a freak talking about it.

Crazy, I know, but when I'm emotionally charged up (sorry for the pun), the SLI thing seems to be worse.

Firstly be proud to be a freak
the world is full of them/us/you.

and your second line right there (emotionally charged), is deffinately worth looking into and practising with, safely of course.
Try not to over load any one's power grid while your at it, or blow transformers, they may send you a bill.

Do some research into controlling your emotions, perhaps using meditation, chakra excercises etc. there's plenty of information on how to do this.

Take a light bulb not plugged in and see if you can create light by not touching it first, and then touch it and see what happens.
This appears to be your own personal experiment to explore, have fun, but stay safe.

Let us know how you go

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by W0mbat
The most paranormal thing electric wise I've encountered personally is electric devices stay on in my presence even when unplugged. Radios, TV sets, laptops, and most other small devices.

You know there are people around who would pay you handsomely if you were to be able to prove this to them.

It appears so common but no one has done this.

And if it's morals that stopping you, think of giving the million dollars to some charity. How can you NOT use your powers for good?

The more you look for it, the more it appears in the mind..

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
When I was a kid, my Grandparents had an old friend that lived way out in the prairies. She claimed she was struck by lightning twice out there over here life(she took care of her land and animals by her self). She stopped wearing watches because they would die when she wore them. Not sure if she effected anything else because she lived the old west style on her ranch house, no electricity and so on. We have electricity running through us right now so I find it very possible that we could short out other electrical components. That sweet old gal sure could fry her watches, even though I never saw it myself, my grandparents are not the type of people to make up a small story like that. Cool thread. S&F

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
..........How come no ones asked how hes typing this on a computer..............

Just curious

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I am guessing phone posting.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Which would be worse, right? Maybe he's using Dragon; those commercials are everywhere.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
..........How come no ones asked how hes typing this on a computer..............

Just curious

I (she) is posting from a laptop. One of 3 that I rotate though depending on which one wants to stay powered for any period of time and I'm wearing a static strap. Smart phones are impossible for me.

The problem isn't constant but when it's bad, it's bad. I can go days or weeks without much more than the lightbulb issue but then I hit a streak where a lot of things I come into contact get fried.

We only have 2 TVs in a house of 5 people because I killed all the rest. Now we have 1 cheap flat screen that I don't get near and one that came from Goodwill.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

If you spend any time at all with elderly people, they will tell the story of those who couldn't wear watches. At the local VFW, some of them have stories about people who had the same problems, even when they were in the service and they ended up being reassigned because of the problems it caused.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You should make some videos of this.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
You should make some videos of this.

I'm working on it.
If I had a clue when it's going to happen, It would be easier.
Usually, when I've zapped a laptop and then picked up a phone to call my ex to bring me another and then zap that one too...I'm a bit too pissed off to be filming.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It sounds like you have it bad if you are frying appliances. I sometimes get static shocks at unexpected times. Touching standing water or even the water coming out of my water faucet after turning it on. Tonight I made an unexpected trip to a grocery store and accidentally touched a metal shelf and got a small poke.

I see lights turning off, sometimes on depending on my mood sometimes. I just thought some lights turn off and on all the time since some do not do anything like that. I tried to reason at one time maybe my car headlight beams had some stray light going up turning off the light due to sensing the light. That doesn't explain lights going off in other vehicles. I still hold out the possibility some lights just keep turning off and on.

On the bright side, my keyless remote that I often have in my pocket, I never replaced the battery and I use that typically at least a few times every day since late 2001. I'm wondering if I could somehow be charging up the battery in it. I guess some may last 15 years so maybe that is not unusual, not sure.
As far as blowing light bulbs, I had a problem with two or three lights in particular. I thought maybe it was related to using them a lot more than all the other lights and turning them off and on a lot more. Years ago I replaced them with the compact fluorescent light bulbs. Never replaced them again. If I had known they had mercury that would leak out if broken, I would have never used them. I would opt for led light bulbs.

As far as blowing out appliances, I usually don't have that problem. I notice the weather changing. That might make me sound crazy and I certainly do not want to claim anything on this site. I once had a dust devil form around me. No one has proof to my knowledge and I believe most won't believe me especially on this site so I feel safe saying that much. I hope no records anything super strange around me because I do not want to end up on the evening news as look at this weird guy. I might try directing your thoughts towards altering things farther away from your location and see if anything different happens. I have nothing conclusive to report. If something did happen, it might drive you crazy wondering if you did something or if it was natural or if you are psychic.

Lol, maybe you are an energy vampire or psychic vampire taking energy out of things or people and don't know how to control it. I'm just rambling now I believe.
edit on 4/1/13 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join