It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC cameraman & a hungry Polar Bear[Face to Face]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is the terrifying moment wildlife cameraman Gordon Buchanan comes face to face with a fierce 1,000kg polar bear looking for its next meal

In the safety of the Perspex pod Mr Buchanan filmed the eight foot polar bear for forty minutes

'It is the most difficult thing I have done and the scariest. I’ve not been terrified for 40 minutes before.' But there was a risk it could get brittle when very cold - making the task of filming the polar bears even more perilous

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I will be watching this when it airs on TV

Cran

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
they have polar bears in great britian?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
very interested to see how that turned out thanks for the video op,do you know what time that program might be airing? hehe and protective box or not i bet that guy needed new pants after that encounter star and flag OP

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

No

This is the moment that wildlife cameraman Gordon Buchanan came face to face with a hungry polar bear in Svalbard, in the northern-most region of Arctic Norway, for his three-part BBC series The Polar Bear Family and Me

Cran

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
amazing bit of film...
i would be bricking it BIG time
if only the bear had a tin opener

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

The series, to be aired over three consecutive nights on BBC2, starts on Monday, January 7 at 9.30pm

Cran

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

'It is the most difficult thing I have done and the scariest. I’ve not been terrified for 40 minutes before.' The Scottish wildlife expert filmed the fascinating creature in Svalbard, in the northern-most region of Arctic Norway, for his three-part BBC series The Polar Bear Family and Me. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
from op's link Filmer is Scottish but was in Svalbard Norway not great Brittan,they might have a few polar bears in zoos their but not running around free in the UK

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

they might have a few polar bears in zoos their but not running around free in the UK

thanks for setting this straight, i am so relieved.

CX

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Wow, cool vid, cheers for posting.

CX.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That was fairly awesome, look forward to seeing this when it is on.

I get the feeling what we didn't see was several trained professionals standing out of the view of the camera with tranquillisers (and hopefully not shotguns).

Thanks for sharing, BBC documentaries are usually the best kind.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I was chuckling while watching this.

All I could think of was the polar bear looking increasingly frustrated by the cage and thinking:

WTF? When did food start being canned?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Brittle when cold and this is trying to eat you

Cran

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
He held it together pretty well, I'd have been on the radio to the director to shoot it. I know it's a beautiful thing and all that but.....

new topics

top topics

join