It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In regards to ATS's latest warning about certain posts about tragic events.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
In regards to ATS's latest warning about certain posts about tragic events.....

when in doubt ... post it .
the mods will figure it out.

it is a good idea, however, to sometimes re-read the T&C for ATS ,and the messages that the staff sends out.
doing so will lead you to become a more experienced and respected member here

link   

Originally posted by LostCompletely

Originally posted by miniatus

I registered just to ask this question:

What was the warning? Where is it? Why is there censorship going on so heavy handily on this site now?

What is the POINT of the first amendment? Everywhere we converse is some terrible place like this ruled by people we barely have any contact with. REMIND ANYONE OF ANYTHING?

it was sent out via private message to all members... it's not so much censorship as it is the rules of the people who host this forum .. nobody forces you to come here, nobody forces you to post.. you choose to, and by joining these forums you are agreeing to the rules of those who provide it .. the hosts .. those people who allow this for no charge.. you can go anywhere you like...

Thanks for your apologist post explaining private(READ: ALL) sites on the internet, that all censor you, and have little accountability for doing so.

Learn something, and learn it quickly ... these sites are privately owned.. they aren't like walking out into a public park.. you are governed by the rules the host set.... I'm sorry.. I don't agree with all the rules here either.. but I have to respect and abide by them to be a member of the community they allow us to have..

link   
reply to post by LostCompletely

The warning was private messaged to members, you don't like their rules then go else where, they try to keep this place civil, not some mad house with people talking out their ass's with foul language and ridiculous theories, and possibly bringing harm or negative attention to innocent people. I like coming here for the fact they don't just let members spew hatred and lies. Freedom of speech does apply here, but just like everywhere else you can say what ever you want but their can still be ramifications for it.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe

Keep in mind.. we're ultimately guests here... they host this, they pay for it .. we're just visitors..

keep in mind without us
there would be nothing

Regardless, it's their house ... and it's their rules.. there are other forums with less restrictions that people can go to ..

That's a great point and reenforces what I'm thinking about there being literally no forum/discussion area on the internet where someone else isn't stamping on your speech. The owners of this site should explain themselves more, given their audience. Totally ridiculous and atrocious, enjoy more coast to coast shows guys you're getting money and famous now.

Believe it or not I host my own forum similar to this.. but I cannot and will not disclose what it is out of respect for ATS .. it's got no traffic anyway .. but it's there.. I personally don't care what people post as long as it's not illegal. But that is the name of the game.. we come here, we sign on and we agree to abide by the rules of our gracious hosts... we don't have to agree with them, but if we slip we have to pay the consequences.. this isn't the constitution here, this is a privately run forum ...

Again you are right, but it doesn't matter . The constitution is NOWHERE on the internet and it's currently the ONLY place people are conversing. I look forward to more 404'd threads and terrible coast to coast interviews with shill George Noory.

We are so done guys, jesus.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Seriously how ironic is it that on this site people constantly laud the first amendment and then express 99% to 100% of their fringe opinions on sites where the first amendment doesn't even exist? Anyone?

Alternatives?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The guy who "just registered" does bring up a good point. Nancy lanza being a victim could be a part of a conspiracy, or a victim TO the conspiracy, however if we cant even mention her name, or any other name, how would we go about speculation of any kind?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Again you are right, but it doesn't matter . The constitution is NOWHERE on the internet and it's currently the ONLY place people are conversing. I look forward to more 404'd threads and terrible coast to coast interviews with shill George Noory.

We are so done guys, jesus.

You make a good point.. and surely there are forums where you can say and do anything without worry about moderation but this isn't that place.. and it never was.. the real problem is that this tragedy is a heated topic and it always results in fighting and negative remarks... that's not what ATS wants to be about.. it's also not constructive... those other places exist... this just isn't it ...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
The guy who "just registered" does bring up a good point. Nancy lanza being a victim could be a part of a conspiracy, or a victim TO the conspiracy, however if we cant even mention her name, or any other name, how would we go about speculation of any kind?

PLEASE do not turn this thread into anything about Sandy hook conspiracies.. that's not the point..

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-2013 by xszawe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Seriously how ironic is it that on this site people constantly laud the first amendment and then express 99% to 100% of their fringe opinions on sites where the first amendment doesn't even exist? Anyone?

Alternatives?

The first amendment is valid.. but when it comes to private property .. you might as well speak into a box.. you can say all you want, but you still have to follow the rules of your host..

You know that if you do donuts on private property the police can't bust you? ... but the land owner can call them and then you're busted... well ATS is the land owner.. they define the rules, you are the guest on their property..

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
well it seems you are very happy to just bend over and spread
but most people would rather speak whats on there mind in a public forum
isnt that the point ..everyone has a say no matter what they say
dont censor just because they dont like whats being said

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

The nancy comment was just an example. I was just trying to point out if we cant mention any names then it IS censorship.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I do not want this spiraling out of control.. which most posts about this DO .. so stop before you post, and think.. if the idea is to get a mod response, formulate it properly and ask questions.. don't attack .. don't respond out of anger .. just formulate a thought or question..

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
reply to post by miniatus

The nancy comment was just an example. I was just trying to point out if we cant mention any names then it IS censorship.

Understood.. I'm just trying to be careful with this thread, I think it can be constructive and useful.. I don't want it spiraling out of control

link   
Official Message From Springer

There is nothing to be confused about regarding the link above. The policy is clear as day.

Questions and concerns/comments regarding the policy may be fielded via Complaint/Suggestion form.

Thread Closed.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

link   

Originally posted by xszawe
well it seems you are very happy to just bend over and spread
but most people would rather speak whats on there mind in a public forum
isnt that the point ..everyone has a say no matter what they say
dont censor just because they dont like whats being said

Whether or not you agree with it, can you at least recognize that it's their right? This "public" forum is privately owned, we have no rights here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join