It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In regards to ATS's latest warning about certain posts about tragic events.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I just wanted to say ... THANK YOU!

And I could not agree more...

I know the staff gets a bad rep sometimes but they deserve credit ..they do their best... and in this particular case, they have my FULL support.

Anyone with me?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have a quick question. I understand not throwing people who are innocent victims under the bus, but does that warning apply to any and all speculation concerning the sandy hook tragedy?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I'm not "with you" at all.

I will do my best to abide by the rules of this site because I like to post here but I'm not even 100% sure what it is that we're not supposed to do...

Going forward anyone who posts a thread that seeks to implicate the innocent victims of the Sandy Hook Tragedy, for any reason, and/or posts any personal information or links to personal information on those people will have their posting privileges restricted and their thread removed without further discussion or warning.

Discussing the utter mishandling of the breaking story by the MSM is one thing, questions about what happened are fine, but, defaming, libeling, or otherwise exposing innocent people, especially those who are still suffering from this tragedy, to further insult or pain is below the base level of compassion we can tolerate.

Not posting personal information, makes sense.

"Implicate the innocent victims...defaming, libeling, or otherwise exposing innocent people, especially those who are still suffering from this tragedy, to further insult or pain..."

For example, it has been theorized that some of the people involved may be acting. Would that be a violation?

Regardless, I think almost every aspect has already been discussed.

Was there a moratorium with regards to 9/11 as well? I wasnt around here back then.

edit on 4-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
I have a quick question. I understand not throwing people who are innocent victims under the bus, but does that warning apply to any and all speculation concerning the sandy hook tragedy?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.. it's a valid question.. before ANYONE goes on and turns this ugly.. a mod should chime in.. civility should reign supreme

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

I'm not "with you" at all.

I will do my best to abide by the rules of this site because I like to post here but I'm not even 100% sure what it is that we're not supposed to do...

I respect that you're not with me.. many probably aren't .. so as I said to another.. lets keep this civil and see what the mods say.. this is a great opportunity for Q&A with those that decide..

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Keep in mind.. we're ultimately guests here... they host this, they pay for it .. we're just visitors..

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I agree, wheres a mod when you need one! Just kidding but i would appreciate an answer on this since i love this website and would like to continue being a part of it.

link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Keep in mind.. we're ultimately guests here... they host this, they pay for it .. we're just visitors..

keep in mind without us
there would be nothing

link   
What I took from the message, was that you are permitted to research and share the many gaping holes in the story, but you are not permitted to attach personal information or as a poster above stated: throw victims under the bus.

Dun do that, it's rude. Makes site feel icky.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
What I took from the message, was that you are permitted to research and share the many gaping holes in the story, but you are not permitted to attach personal information or as a poster above stated: throw victims under the bus.

Dun do that, it's rude. Makes site feel icky.

That sounds like a fair assessment personally..

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe

keep in mind without us
there would be nothing

Regardless, it's their house ... and it's their rules.. there are other forums with less restrictions that people can go to ..

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I registered just to ask this question:

What was the warning? Where is it? Why is there censorship going on so heavy handily on this site now?

What is the POINT of the first amendment? Everywhere we converse is some terrible place like this ruled by people we barely have any contact with. REMIND ANYONE OF ANYTHING?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

keep in mind without us
there would be nothing

Regardless, it's their house ... and it's their rules.. there are other forums with less restrictions that people can go to ..

That's a great point and reenforces what I'm thinking about there being literally no forum/discussion area on the internet where someone else isn't stamping on your speech. The owners of this site should explain themselves more, given their audience. Totally ridiculous and atrocious, enjoy more coast to coast shows guys you're getting money and famous now.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostCompletely

What was the warning? Where is it? Why is there censorship going on so heavy handily on this site now?

What is the POINT of the first amendment? Everywhere we converse is some terrible place like this ruled by people we barely have any contact with. REMIND ANYONE OF ANYTHING?

it was sent out via private message to all members... it's not so much censorship as it is the rules of the people who host this forum .. nobody forces you to come here, nobody forces you to post.. you choose to, and by joining these forums you are agreeing to the rules of those who provide it .. the hosts .. those people who allow this for no charge.. you can go anywhere you like...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

you are not permitted to attach personal information

How do we even begin to explore what happened without using proper nouns??? Anyone? This is a veiled attempt to silence you.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

it was sent out via private message to all members... it's not so much censorship as it is the rules of the people who host this forum .. nobody forces you to come here, nobody forces you to post.. you choose to, and by joining these forums you are agreeing to the rules of those who provide it .. the hosts .. those people who allow this for no charge.. you can go anywhere you like...

Thanks for your apologist post explaining private(READ: ALL) sites on the internet, that all censor you, and have little accountability for doing so.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LostCompletely

Your instincts are working, but they're misplaced.

This is not censorship, this is a demand for maturity and respect to the victims (living and murdered)

In no way did the message state that one could not share their views or findings on the Sandy Hook Case.

Measures like this have to be taken on websites as popular as this, because we aren't able to beat those people up.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

keep in mind without us
there would be nothing

That's a great point and reenforces what I'm thinking about there being literally no forum/discussion area on the internet where someone else isn't stamping on your speech. The owners of this site should explain themselves more, given their audience. Totally ridiculous and atrocious, enjoy more coast to coast shows guys you're getting money and famous now.

Believe it or not I host my own forum similar to this.. but I cannot and will not disclose what it is out of respect for ATS .. it's got no traffic anyway .. but it's there.. I personally don't care what people post as long as it's not illegal. But that is the name of the game.. we come here, we sign on and we agree to abide by the rules of our gracious hosts... we don't have to agree with them, but if we slip we have to pay the consequences.. this isn't the constitution here, this is a privately run forum ...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by LostCompletely

Your instincts are working, but they're misplaced.

This is not censorship, this is a demand for maturity and respect to the victims (living and murdered)

In no way did the message state that one could not share their views or findings on the Sandy Hook Case.

Measures like this have to be taken on websites as popular as this, because we aren't able to beat those people up.

Are any other humans capable of listening to other people without having kneejerk reactions? Hell, as a long time lurker, more and more I see people arguing with a straight face the difference between democrats and republicans. There's very little critical thought going on at all here anymore.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Thanks for your apologist post explaining private(READ: ALL) sites on the internet, that all censor you, and have little accountability for doing so.

A website is like private property, they own it you don't. And when someone owns something, they make the rules.

It really is that simple.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join