Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

'Nobody' tops list of the world's most powerful people

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
In it's 2012 review , International political thinktank Eurasia Group has ranked Russian President Vladimir Putin second on its list of the world's most powerful people.

The list, published by Foreign Policy magazine, ranks individuals’ ability to singlehandedly “bring about change that significantly affects the lives and fortunes of large numbers of people.”



more significant is the choice for number one...

The first position is held by 'Nobody,' reflecting the perception of a world without a clear leader.



1. Nobody
2. Vladimir Putin
3. Ben Bernanke
4. Angela Merkel
5. Barack Obama
6. Mario Draghi
7. Xi Jinping
8 (tie). Ayatollah Khamenei
8 (tie). Christine Lagarde
10. King Abdullah Bin Abd al-Aziz


rt.com...


Eurasia Group President Ian Bremmer explained that he left the fist position empty because the modern world has no clear leader, and those in power are focused on domestic or regional issues rather than global challenges.


are they trying to tell us something ???




posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ok, that is odd.

I want to know who the mysterious Mr or Mrs Nobody is!?!



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Nobody must be a group of people, the most powerful rich people on earth perhaps?



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal
 


The magazine that puts out this list is pure propaganda. Always look at the source and follow the money.




If you blindly trust the media you need to wake up.



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Clever, maybe they created the "nobody" in the first position so they could say that "Putin is second to nobody."


Being on any list with the Ayatollah has got to be a great honor.




posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
if there was a cash prize, you'd see a whole lotta 'nobodies' lining up for it.



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The number one spot is being reserved for the false messiah



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
Clever, maybe they created the "nobody" in the first position so they could say that "Putin is second to nobody."


Being on any list with the Ayatollah has got to be a great honor.



I'm actually surprised to see him in the top 10, Ayatollah that is.



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So that's who I'm paying my hard earned dollars to.... Nobody.

Glad that got clarified.

I wonder how I would go about calling this Nobody ?
I want my damn money back...



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The list is obviously worthless. The President of the USA is in command of the worlds largest and most technologically advanced military. That fact alone automatically must mean he would be in the top 3. There is also no way Merkel is more powerful than the US president, she can't even keep the UK and its Veto in check in the EU, never mind have any major influence over a world power like the USA, China or Russia.



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If we rethink this list and rank them by direct power i think the list would shape up differently. I think the power of the president is limited by congress. Vlad and bernanke are still on top though.



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
The list is obviously worthless. The President of the USA is in command of the worlds largest and most technologically advanced military. That fact alone automatically must mean he would be in the top 3. There is also no way Merkel is more powerful than the US president, she can't even keep the UK and its Veto in check in the EU, never mind have any major influence over a world power like the USA, China or Russia.


Missiles and weapons don't mean squat. Its about who has the most influence, not the most ammo... Putin at the moment is definetly the no1 candidate.



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
If we rethink this list and rank them by direct power i think the list would shape up differently. I think the power of the president is limited by congress. Vlad and bernanke are still on top though.


Can't the President bypass congress in a state of emergency?



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ummm, you do realize the point is to make Putin "2nd to no-one".

Get it?



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l
 


Yeah in that instance i guess your right.



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
Ok, that is odd.

I want to know who the mysterious Mr or Mrs Nobody is!?!


I was once told that I was a nobody, so I guess it's ME!



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy
 


Like I have already said, Merkel can't even talk the UK out of exercising its Veto when she is trying to push Crazy treaties onto us, I fail to see how she can be regarded as powerful. Also Putin has very little political influence over any country other than Belarus, Iran and Syria. They can beat their chest sure enough, but they do not influence anybody, just ask them what the Ukranians did to their precious gas pipeline? Russian influence didn't do much good there did it.

At the end of the day the Military is the deciding factor in who has influence over whom. If the USA wanted to start a global trade war with China I am sure they could because they would just threaten all its allies with sanctions for going against their wishes, much like they have with Iran. China or Russia has little ability to do this.



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai
 


You may be a nobody irl but here,,, your kthxbai!!! and you should be proud?!!!!



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Ummm, you do realize the point is to make Putin "2nd to no-one".

Get it?


Yep actually, thanks for pointing this out. Where was this reported again RT.com? I guess this is a good chance of being a wind up.



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l
 


But both of those countries have a lot of influence when it comes to the USA embarking on more crusades... I would call that a lot of influence when it comes to the global stage. I agree with you about Merkel though.
edit on 4-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join