It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Smoke Around Your Pets!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I was just having a smoke when I had this thought pop in my head and got me wondering about just how many people feel it a moral and/or ethical issue to subject pets to the effects of second hand smoke.

Is it a moral issue or an ethical one? If it is immoral, why? If it is unethical, why? What precedent is there for taking a stance that smoking around something that, in the legal sense of things, is just another piece of property? How long before PETA really hones in on this issue?

Is this guy the champion of the cause?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
My bunny and I used to get smoked out together. I miss Alvin, I had to give him away. He was the coolest bunny in the world, I wonder what he is up to these days...

Eta: How can I not send a picof him..

Sorry Beez, he is cuter than you.
But that does not make you less awesome

edit on 4-1-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
After watching that video...

I feel like a brainiac...

Off to have a smoke with Fido....Sheesh...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

My dog eats cat poo and licks his own unmentionables. He also rolls around in dead things every chance he gets. I think me smoking in his vicinity is the least of his health worries.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I read an article awhile back about long nosed dogs (I have a pair of Goldens) and cancer from second hand smoke. Made me feel terrible. Hadn't even though about it before that really.

My dogs were the primary reason that I quit smoking cigs a few weeks after reading that article.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I am having a very hard time quitting. Ugh it is such a nasty habit.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
I am having a very hard time quitting. Ugh it is such a nasty habit.

I had to take Chantix to quit. Tried uncountable times before that but the Chantix did it for me. My sister had the same results.

Warning, it does rewire your brain and gives you crazy dreams while you're taking it and makes you short tempered while you are taking it.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
After smoking for 40 odd years, I switched to an electronic cigarette about 4 years ago.

No muss, no fuss, no smoke. and it's a lot cheaper!

I like the way you can make the vapor any strength you want, and taste any way you want too!

Flavor of the day today?

Watermelon - Peach...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

My dog eats cat poo and licks his own unmentionables. He also rolls around in dead things every chance he gets. I think me smoking in his vicinity is the least of his health worries.

I was going to say the same thing...
...not to mention the fact that animals are also exposed to any, and all, related lung contaminants that humans are...we breathe whatever quality of air is around us, and not to derail the thread, the effect of protein addiction diminishes the ozone by 1/3...smokers as well as non-smokers, and animals are affected by this introduction of methane...

A99

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Of the billions of ways to die or be killed attempting to eliminate on way is a fruitless endeavor but I guess if there is nothing else of more importance to deal with then by all means outlaw one thing at a time until everyone and everything becomes immortal because death is the leading cause of loss of life after all.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I smoke lites, but my cat would walk a mile for a camel!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It may be harmful to my health, but it's very good for the people around me. It keeps me from strangling some of them

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Me too feel very bad.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thanks for stopping by everyone!

new topics

top topics

join