It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Good Can Life Really Be? How Good Can We Really Feel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm posting this topic because, currently, my prospects in life seem so bleak. As it stands now, I don't see myself having a steady job and I'm struggling with mental health issues. I just can't seem to extricate myself from my predicament. My life feels doomed right now. I'm almost 27 and I can't see myself having a nice life, a good job, wife and kids.
First and foremost, I can see how my current station in life is a reflection of my mental state. I remember reading in a Near Death Experience account that a person's outer conditions are usually a manifestation of their iner life. If I was a stable person, not struggling daily with mental illness I would probably leading a very different life.
Maybe there's a version of me in a parallel universe who doesn't have mental problems. Maybe he lives quite comfortably, has really close family and friends, and is ecstatic 24/7. Gosh, to think that that's possible and that I could lead a life similar to that.
Last night I watched the movie "Limitless". I loved it so much because it was a perfect example of what I want for myself. Here's the story: there's this writer who is struggling to come up with ideas. His life is a mess. No girlfriend or steady income. He runs into his former brother-in-law on the street. He gives the guy a pill that suddenly makes him extremely intelligent and creative. He becomes a real "go getter". The world opens up to him. He becomes a big shot on Wall Street. Of course, there's the whole part about his downfall, but I don't want to focus on that. So maybe all of us can be like that. Maybe we don't have to take a drug to experience that life.
Lately I've been following a lot of the talks of Bashar. This guy claims he is channeling an extraterrestrial consciousness. As crazy as it sounds, I think the guy is actually doing that. Anyway, the alien says the most important thing a person can do is follow their highest excitement with absolutely no expectations as to the outcome. In any given moment act on the most exciting thing that you have the ability to act on it. Take it as far as you can, then act on the next most exciting thing. When you do that your life will become an ecstatic explosion of synchronicity. You will finally live the lives you've always dreamed of, he says.
The other thing to note is that when you begin acting on the most exciting thing it will bring to your attention those things in your consciousness that need to be integrated.
A couple months ago I started acting on my highest excitement. Initially, I felt so happy! Just like Bashar said I would. But also, what came up were issues in my consciousness that I haven't dealt that I now know is responsible for the life I am currently leading. I'm still dealing with those issues and hope that eventually I'll be able to transform them so I can lead the life I want to lead.
Things were so hard today I felt like I had to type this and muse about how good my life could be, or anyone else's for that matter. I felt like the pill the guy takes in "Limitless" was acting on my excitement. Maybe then my life will explode (in a good way) and I will feel ecstatic, just like Bashar said it would. I certainly hope so!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
if you try heroin you could find out how good life can be and feel.. just dont get addicted to it otherwise you can see and feel how bad life can be when you are a drug addict

life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
if you try heroin you could find out how good life can be and feel.. just dont get addicted to it otherwise you can see and feel how bad life can be when you are a drug addict

Probably the worst advice I've ever heard on the internet.... ever...

OP, I am in your boat. I am struggling on the wave of a bipolar manic episode right now. Not really feeling too great at the moment. I'm also nearly 27.

The only difference between you and I, is that I already started my family. I don't have a job though.
Stupidly, I took a break from my exercise regime over Christmas, and I've plummeted mentally. Exercise was something that really helped me keep on track, better than any medication, which I haven't taken in about 3 years now.

Life can be good. I've tasted it. The good life to me is just mental and family peace. Just because the waves are crashing now, doesn't mean the water won't be calm again.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

Probably the worst advice I've ever heard on the internet.... ever...

OP, I am in your boat. I am struggling on the wave of a bipolar manic episode right now. Not really feeling too great at the moment. I'm also nearly 27.

The only difference between you and I, is that I already started my family. I don't have a job though.
Stupidly, I took a break from my exercise regime over Christmas, and I've plummeted mentally. Exercise was something that really helped me keep on track, better than any medication, which I haven't taken in about 3 years now.

Life can be good. I've tasted it. The good life to me is just mental and family peace. Just because the waves are crashing now, doesn't mean the water won't be calm again.

Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you either. Yeah, as bad as things are now for me it doesn't mean they can't turnaround. I've never completely lost hope. I've always believed anything is truly possible! Anything!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Life without the ups and downs becomes routine and boring,just ask anybody who is been living a calm,steady predictable life for more than 10 years or so...Problems makes us appreciate the good times more, while we are still lucky to have them....I hate to say it again but life is really like a box of chocolate.we have to take the good with the bad.It is the same for all of us.....One thing i have learned in my 50 years on this planet is that ,working out,drinking water,quite smoking and eating enough fruits and vegetables really changes you,inside and out....Try that for a couple of months and we will talk again.

new topics

top topics

join