It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the extent of our communicationss network? I have an idea but only wish to collaborate with

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I asked myself a question. What is the extent of our communications grid. we intercept waves created from devices over tens of thousands of miles of void. Will working on how to cut that void to a mere fraction, while setting my head right outside,
, I saw my telescope and began to tangle with the idea... Of using light and our telescopes to zoom in on them. No more delays in the sending and receiving of mars rover or all of these other satillites and other non manned missions as well as manned missions. We could literally operate computers at fast than the speed of light.

Ultimate split second control over all type of communications in the vastness of the universe.

Something like lasers or pulses that can be detected with electromagnetic telescopes so if we dont have the dark side of the moon problem any more. We would not need to be in direct contact with any form of other worldly communications, it would not need to be directed at us for us to get it...

Just a thought to chew on.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Our current communications do already work with electrons and lasers traveling at the speed of light.

I think you overestimate the speed of light. How long do you think it takes for light to travel from our own sun to the earth ? Look it up, you'll be amazed.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
All Electromagnetic waves move at the same speed in vacuum, does not matter if it is Radio waves, Light, X rays, gamma rays, etc, etc ......

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

what i am saying is that our telescopes can see real time light and waves say in the andromeda galaxy. if their was information hidden in say artificial light or wave in the form of say binary code that information would not be received on earth for say 27 years give or rtake right. no what about getting around the speed of light problem in say remote piloting an unmanned spacecraft/recon drone one with close to split second flight and mechanics control only limited by the power of the telescopes on earth and on the theoretical unmanned spacecraft

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

let me try to explain it better.

when a a solar flare eruptts on the sun we will know about it pretty much the second it happen. now replace our sun with an earthy planet. replace the solar flare with say data images and video of water and an extra terrestrial fish they found on a far off world incorporate my tech a laser system and telescope ecrypted to decode binary code from these lasers and we woul be able to have split second communications around the universe and if lasers are a problem although i see no reason y we can watch and use electro magnetic pulses and makes a program that can read and send out these pulses for data communication or control of a probe or satallite.

hope that is better

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
They're already working on a neutrino phone , might we someday be blessed with a tachyon phone ?

That would make dial-up a thing of envy .

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucifer6

let me try to explain it better.

when a a solar flare eruptts on the sun we will know about it pretty much the second it happen. now replace our sun with an earthy planet. replace the solar flare with say data images and video of water and an extra terrestrial fish they found on a far off world incorporate my tech a laser system and telescope ecrypted to decode binary code from these lasers and we woul be able to have split second communications around the universe and if lasers are a problem although i see no reason y we can watch and use electro magnetic pulses and makes a program that can read and send out these pulses for data communication or control of a probe or satallite.

hope that is better

No, we don't.... we know it at the earliest 8 minutes AFTER it happened, when the light gets here. Light and all other electromagnetic waves travel at 299 792 458 m/s. In other words, when something happens on the sun, we can only notice it, 8 minutes later, when the light/radio wave/x-rays gets here.
edit on 4/1/2013 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I do not think he understands the concept.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
That light you see from distant stars is not "real time" you would be shocked at how many stars in our night sky are actually already dead stars.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

no one understands. lets say you were in the center of the galaxy and want to send real time data to earth using, for the purpose of reason, a laser set on a particular wave length programed to send out images video and other data through the use of a binarial system or another form of algerithiums or non linier equations, that can only be seen with a high powered telescope that is programmed to spot that light wave, decode the binary code or other form of code back to its original image video....

i know wat i am talking about read it re read it and read it some more. to control this stuff would be the same orbiting satillites position toward earth to do the same if is a rover type. but a satillite type observation thing would be mounted onto it

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

no # but if you were to zoom in with a telescope to the siz of say a boulder on mars or an astroid in the kyperbelt to the point of being able to see everthing that can be seen as if a person is there literally observing it with their naked eye then we would be seeing things as they happened.

your understanding of the universe is flawed to the point of fallacy

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

no # but if you were to zoom in with a telescope to the siz of say a boulder on mars or an astroid in the kyperbelt to the point of being able to see everthing that can be seen as if a person is there literally observing it with their naked eye then we would be seeing things as they happened.

you have no clue at all what you are talking about, you somehow think zooming in a telescope changes the speed of light....

your understanding of the universe is flawed to the point of fallacy

You are the one with no understanding, thinking zooming a telescope changes the speed of light!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lucifer6

holy moses!

no, op. we are understanding you perfectly. you are wrong, wrong, wrong.

check your ego and read the posts in this thread again. the answer has been given.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

okay lets start from scratch. images can be presented in the for of numbers or math. images can be changed to numbers which can be changed into a patter of light waves and presented in the form of lasers that would be programmed to break images and video down to the mathematical data that makes up and send the data out through a mathematical light show. that much we can do here on earth. a telescope on earth could keep on say a rover meant to land on a planet in zeta reticuli system from the moment it left earths orbit constantly watching always scanning and downloading information from the laser communications array device decoding the light wave pattern back into images video or data using algorithms or binary code or something. with that would come almost split second control of a rover or an observation satellite. wat part of that is science fiction or is impossible.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

with that would come almost split second control of a rover or an observation satellite. wat part of that is science fiction or is impossible.

Onc again, what makes you think a telescope will change the speed of light?

The part that is impossible is the claim of "split second" control.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
To re-iterate what people are saying and you dont really seem to grasp...

The speed of light is finite, and is 299,792,458 m/s, which if you take the distance to the sun 149.60x10^9 m means before we SEE(photons/light/xrays/uv/gamma whatever EM spectrum you are using) something happening on the surface of the sun takes 8.317 minutes to reach us.

Doesn't matter how 'high power' your telescope is, all that 'high power' means is light collection power ie diameter, you will never be able to see an event happening, or communicate at that distance using EM radiation faster than 8.317minutes each way.

You do know that when NASA controls its little mars rovers that they send a set of instructions to it and then wait for about 40 minutes.. first for the signal to get there (about 20mins), and then the rover moves and reports back, which takes another 20mins. All the while there is nothing that is 'split second' a rover can smack itself into a rock and no one back on earth would know about it for 20minutes.

Really I am surprised that we have to explain all this... I am sort of hoping that it was a great big misunderstanding, but after all these posts, it seems its more than a misunderstanding and just a general none understanding of basic physics.

You realize for example that if there are aliens on our nearest neighbouring star, they are still blissfully unaware of Gangnam style
edit on 4-1-2013 by ErosA433 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

where are you getting me changing the speed of trucking light i am saying the telescope could give you information faster than light or any radio waves which travel relitively close to the speed of trucking light. instead of waiting during the current form of wave transmission the telescope can watch as the laser array transmits its information to the telescopes computer that decodes the mathematical light show back to their original forums of information. if we were to wait for this information through our current radio waves and other waves we would have to wait say 27 years minimum if exploring one of our closest neighbor system. with the laser array i have planned there would be no more delays or waits on if something failed or went wrong no more huge delays when driving the next mars rover some delay ther but hardly any compared to what it is currently. but not much.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lucifer6

I speak as a technician of government satellite communications (SATCOM) systems.

there are many ANTENNA ARRAYS in existence which are properly referred to as "telescopes". what seems to be your confusion is that telescopes and communications relays are two separate things which operate with different laws of physics.

I follow you right up to the point of using a telescope to speed-up the signaling. you should understand that the telescope's light-bending lenses are functionally equivalent to an antenna's parabolic dish. both of these act as collectors of distant electromagnetic radiation. the telescope collects LIGHT EM. the antenna collects radio frequency EM. antennas and telescopes are the SAME THING.

all EM radiation, light and radio frequency, has the same constraint of the speed of light.

replacing an antenna with a lens will accomplish nothing at all. our interplanetary communications are already working at their maximum speed threshold of the speed of light.

basically I have said the same thing as others in this thread. I do not understand why you are requiring such an explicit explanation. do I have nothing better to do with my time than what you could do for yourself on Wikipedia? is there something I am missing?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

where are you getting me changing the speed of trucking light i am saying the telescope could give you information faster than light

You are very very confused, you state you are not changing the speed of light, then in the same sentence stating the telescope changes the speed of light....

if we were to wait for this information through our current radio waves and other waves we would have to wait say 27 years minimum if exploring one of our closest neighbor system. with the laser array i have planned there would be no more delays or waits

again you state using a telescope makes light go faster than light - again you are vey very confused!

no more huge delays when driving the next mars rover some delay ther but hardly any compared to what it is currently. but not much.

Again, a telescope does not change the speed of light....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join