It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CRB errors mean thousands wrongly branded as criminals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon

I wouldn't expect the British to understand, as Big Brother is constantly watching you and you all excepted it with open arms.

Rather pathethic generalisation of 60+ million people, but hey what do I know, I'm just one Brit who didn't accept it with open arms.

And yet, your CCTV is still there.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I was referring to British CCTV. That is something we do not have.

Irrelevant to a debate about background checks for employees working with vulnerable people though.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I wouldn't expect the British to understand, as Big Brother is constantly watching you and you all excepted it with open arms.

Rather pathethic generalisation of 60+ million people, but hey what do I know, I'm just one Brit who didn't accept it with open arms.

Does not support your childlike assertion that Brits accepted it with open arms though.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

The majority of CCTV in the UK is held in private hands and private businesses not the government.

That is a mute point.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well then how do you think we should ensure that paedophiles and criminals do not get to work in our schools or in other jobs where they could do harm.

The difference between you and I is that you will always be a victim. That is why you need people to take care of you, you're like a babe wondering through a terrifying environment where any boogeyman can reach out and grab you at any moment. Your motivation is fear, and such is obvious from your opinion. Being free is frightening with all the things that can hurt you.

Big deal.

Myself, and my family, are not going to be controlled by fear. It is that simple. My daughter can learn to defend herself and kick butt. She will be homeschooled, other peoples children are their concern. Not mine.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Wow typical "screw you Jack I.m doing fine" attitude.
You don't care about pedos...................what a lovely human being you are.
Use your brain and think why we have to check (UK and the USA) it is to protect people, or do you not care about protecting people?
edit on 5-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

No, I don't, its not my responsibility to protect anyone else aside from myself and my family.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

Nice, hopefully you will learn the difference between excepted and accepted (as in your earlier post) when you teach her English lol

Typos happen.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Really for all you know I might served 8 years in the British Parachute Regiment and I am trained in martial arts.

But regardless

I can look after myself.

I do not live in fear.

Please stop with these stupid assumptions.

And you never answered by question.

edit on 5-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Irrelevant to a debate about background checks for employees working with vulnerable people though.

Not really, it was backing my point about anyone British not understanding my opinion. It all falls under the umbrella of safety.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Well then how do you think we should ensure that paedophiles and criminals do not get to work in our schools or in other jobs where they could do harm.

The difference between you and I is that you will always be a victim. That is why you need people to take care of you, you're like a babe wondering through a terrifying environment where any boogeyman can reach out and grab you at any moment. Your motivation is fear, and such is obvious from your opinion. Being free is frightening with all the things that can hurt you.

Big deal.

Myself, and my family, are not going to be controlled by fear. It is that simple. My daughter can learn to defend herself and kick butt. She will be homeschooled, other peoples children are their concern. Not mine.

Your personal life choices are irrelevant to this debate, I shall assume after homeschooling though you will equally refuse to use any state sanctioned exam boards to demonstrate the academic level said homeschooling will achieve. Good luck to your daughter chasing any future profession while avoiding anything educationally influenced by the state.

You assert much without substance. Fear? boogeyman? etc, all rather silly, but hey that's your opinion - thankfully most readers will see it as unsubstantiated generalisation to be dismissed as such.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You may be a selfish person but many of us care about others in our society, your attitude amazes me that people can be so selfish and uncaring.
Oh and your attempts to slag of Britain is just ill informed and wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Not really, it was backing my point about anyone British not understanding my opinion. It all falls under the umbrella of safety.

[/yawn] More childlike generalisations about 60+ million people - good luck with being impartial in your geography/social studies element of your homeschooling mission lol

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Really for all you know I might served 8 years in the British Parachute Regiment and I am trained in martial arts.

If such were the case, I doubt you would hold the opinion you do.

But regardless

I can look after myself.

But other people can't?

I do not live in fear.

Apparently for the safety of others, you do.

Please stop with these stupid assumptions.

I made none, everything I stated about you was obvious from your opinion.

And you never answered my question.

People should not be screened by the state, or anyone else. If you commit a crime and are punished for it, carrying a record to wear as a scarlet letter does not "rehabilitate" a person. It keeps a stigma attached to them for the rest of their lives, making finding work difficult. I have seen it happen to many felons.

They should be allowed to start with a clean slate.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I quote...

Lets turn it around swap CCTV for guns, now who is the most afraid?
edit on 5-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Your personal life choices are irrelevant to this debate, I shall assume after homeschooling though you will equally refuse to use any state sanctioned exam boards to demonstrate the academic level said homeschooling will achieve. Good luck to your daughter chasing any future profession while avoiding anything educationally influenced by the state.

Irrelevant, but you still feel the need to be snarky.

You assert much without substance. Fear? boogeyman? etc, all rather silly, but hey that's your opinion - thankfully most readers will see it as unsubstantiated generalisation to be dismissed as such.

That is complete bs. Both the United States and the UK would not be in the position we are in if it were not for fear and the need of people to feel "secure" by the state. It is not a generalization. Look at the collective states of both countries.

These background checks fall under the same category as everything. People only want them to feel "secure." Freedom flies out the window so we can snuggle up in our padded rooms.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

So because I disagree with you that we don’t need CRB check to keep paedophiles out of schools you think it’s fair to assume that I am a grown man who will always live in fear and I will always be a victim who needs to be protected.

Yet you are so fearful of your countries education system that you’re going to force your daughter into being home-schooled to keep her isolated form the rest of society.

I think you are the one living in fear.

You’re really are just babbling on like a “baby”, you don’t know what you are talking about and I think this statement proves that.

People should not be screened by the state, or anyone else. If you commit a crime and are punished for it, carrying a record to wear as a scarlet letter does not "rehabilitate" a person. It keeps a stigma attached to them for the rest of their lives, making finding work difficult. I have seen it happen to many felons.

Question for you then

Does that apply to paedophiles, should we let them go work in a school after serving 10 year for raping minors, because that is what your logic dictates.
edit on 5-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

If you commit a crime and are punished for it, carrying a record to wear as a scarlet letter does not "rehabilitate" a person. It keeps a stigma attached to them for the rest of their lives, making finding work difficult. I have seen it happen to many felons.

We have something called the 'Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974' in the UK which legally allows former criminals to omit past offences in job applications in a sliding tariff of time depending on the conviction - aside from jobs working with vulnerable people.
The US does not have such a system, you have to declare everything for the rest of your life, now I wonder which country is more advanced in the treatment of former offenders?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

You may be a selfish person but many of us care about others in our society, your attitude amazes me that people can be so selfish and uncaring.
Oh and your attempts to slag of Britain is just ill informed and wrong.

Selfish and uncaring, because I don't want state involvement? Despotism is not compassion.

People rely on state regulation because of ignorance. If there is no obvious solution to a problem, we expect laws to be written that do nothing but erode our independence and freedom.

Instead of trying to protect people from things with regulations, why find out the cause of those things instead? THAT to me, seems to be more compassionate.

Get rid of paedophilia by finding out its root cause. Whether the cause is sociological, psychological, biological, or a mix is up to research to determine. THAT is sanity.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

[/yawn] More childlike generalisations about 60+ million people - good luck with being impartial in your geography/social studies element of your homeschooling mission lol

The generalization fits quite well.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Get rid of paedophilia by finding out its root cause. Whether the cause is sociological, psychological, biological, or a mix is up to research to determine.

Who will carry out this research? Backroom homeschoolers or government sanctioned educational establishments?
...I think we both know the answer to that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join