It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl 10 dies from falling bullet on New Years Eve

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

This wasn't even gun violence, it was poor judgement on somebodies part and a billion to one odds bad luck for her.

This line right here

Not even gun violence, just some idiot with a gun having some fun.

Guns are great, keep em
edit on 4/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

They shoot guns in the air all the time when celebrating in the middle east. I wonder how many deaths are caused by falling bullets over there?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-2013 by WeRpeons because: DOUBLE POST

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

They shoot guns in the air all the time when celebrating in the middle east. I wonder how many deaths are caused by falling bullets over there?

Several, since it usually happens at weddings and celebrations and obama orders a predator strike on them.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

When I watch those Western movies, the cowboys fire their guns into the air... and whist watching that happen, I always wondered where those bullets would land and maybe hurt someone or something.

I, personally, am petrified of guns.

When we went away to stay in a cabin recently at the River Murray, there were people out that night spotlighting for kangaroos and shooting them. I was petrified that the bullet would stray and hit us at the bomb fire. Made it a horrible weekend away. This story could be similar to mine if I didn't get my son into the cabin quick. Story of the girl is very sad.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

i can guarantee you that

you live in a country founded & protected by guns.

while you selfishly proclaim some

holier than thou stance.

pathetic.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Well well.......

Before Im accused again of trawling the net looking for anti gun propaganda

Too late.

Why isn't this post in Rants? Why Politics? Why is a Constitutional Amendment even being debated? Not only is the right to keep and bear arms in the BILL OF RIGHTS, It is Number TWO in line, after freedom of speech. It seemed pretty damned important to the founding fathers to put it so high up in the pecking order in the RIGHTS of the PEOPLE. I wonder why that is?

As a constitutionalist, I'm seriously getting tired of this garbage coming from ignorant people who think that guns are to blame for society's problems.

Using that logic:

Banning spoons would eliminate obesity.
Banning books would eliminate stupidity.
Banning water would eliminate drowning.

Ban ban ban ban ban. Tired of the ignorance of anti-gun people. Actually most of them are ignorant - the ones who parrot what they hear the pretty TV people say. The other ones are not ignorant at all - they know exactly why they want guns banned.

The problem for them is that a lot of us out here know it, too.

edit on 4-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The incessant spamming of these random gun-related articles is out of hand. Did you really think we were going to be shocked, surprised, and then suddenly change sides? ... Just no. Gun related deaths have been occurring since firearms were invented. Stupid people & non-stupid people committing stupid acts have always existed; and always will. Psychopaths, tyrants, & every other breed of violent scumbag exist. Guns will not go away, and the real criminals will NEVER give up their guns. Actually, confiscations might prompt them to stock up on even more weapons. So now the majority of responsible, non-criminal gun owners will be forced to pay for the tiny margin of nutjobs who will commit mass murder regardless of the laws in place.

Instead of focusing on isolated cases of domestic gun tragedies, requesting confiscations & other nonsense; take a look at the enormous number of children subjected to human trafficking/the sex trade. Or the countless thousands of children being slaughtered due to military actions. The millions of peoples whose lives are ruined due to a psychopathic prison industrial complex. The rise of sadistic & ruthless cartels, killing tens of thousands of innocents due to insane drug laws --- and the fact that U.S banks & government officials are directly complicit in these atrocities.

No, instead let's just use a case of a falling bullet to push an anti-gun agenda.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I see that you live in Malaysia. I have found an article written about your "Crime Free Utopia" you call Malaysia. It seems this person does not share your passion of being unarmed.

Link

Your OP, to me, seems that you are just trolling to elicit a reaction and get attention.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If you are going to harp on guns, maybe you should talk to your government first. Guns will not go away until war goes away. Guns will not disappear from your community until they have been wrestled out of the hands of law enforcement.

Until then they will be accessible to some who should not have them. Guns should of course be cleansed from the earth, as well all other weapons. Good hunters would adapt to bows arrows and sling shots of course.

Until you begin to focus your efforts to the banning of war in general, your argument is mute. It is well and good that you do not have to worry about guns in your world, but if the day comes that you have to, then it will be good to be prepared...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Originally posted by mattdel
Do you realize how stupid and childish it is to assume that gun crime will go down if you take them away from law abiding owners? The facts are out there. Crime goes UP in nations that take them away from law abiding citizens. History repeats itself. It's naive to think otherwise.

Totally agree...

FACTS... They seem to have NO influence at all on those who have been brainwashed..

The thing that AMAZES me about this more than anything else:

The fact that many are so COMPLETELY out of touch with reality.

It almost seems as if they have NO interest in facts whatsoever.

Just as if they had been brainwashed by some bizarre cult or something...

Apparently Frank Zappa was right:

"Stupidity is the basic building block of the universe"

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

i can guarantee you that

you live in a country founded & protected by guns.

while you selfishly proclaim some

holier than thou stance.

pathetic.

Nope

Born in Australia, the only thing guns were good for initially was hunting Aborigines. One of my ancestors was part of a group paid to do this in the early 1800's. No big predators here that required their use.

Malaysia is were I live now and guns were not part of its history or culture nor were they ever needed.

So no holier than thou selfish proclamations here.

pathetic that you make such assumptions, kinda highlights the gun lovers mentality of nothing ever gets done without a gun.

Sorry but guns arent necessary and get this... There even bad, they kill people.

Grow a brain

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
its called an accident... since you don't who did it or whether it was done with an illegal gun or not then it does not make a good case to go against guns...

airplanes crash and kill people
cars crash and kill people
military accidentally kill fellow military and they are highly trained with weapons..

people do stupid things sometimes and just because something bad happens because someone did something stupid then I could give you a 100 page list of things we should ban, go to youtube and watch some videos of people doing stupid things that get hurt we can start banning bicycles, skateboards, knives, basketballs, ect, ect... I can kill you with my thumb, lets ban those too...

There is no argument you can use that makes sense to ban guns unless you are going to ban guns from EVERY human being on earth, you pass that law and enforce it to where NO ONE not even government can have weapons and I will give up my guns after they do.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Why isn't this post in Rants? Why Politics? Why is a Constitutional Amendment even being debated? Not only is the right to keep and bear arms in the BILL OF RIGHTS, It is Number TWO in line, after freedom of speech. It seemed pretty damned important to the founding fathers to put it so high up in the pecking order in the RIGHTS of the PEOPLE. I wonder why that is?

It was so high because when it was written you were fighting the British and had no standing army, back then they were necessary today they are not.
You all go on about the bill of rights and the constitution, wasnt one of the lines something like all men are created equal? didnt these same guys going on about equality all own slaves?
Maybe, just maybe its kinda dated

As a constitutionalist, I'm seriously getting tired of this garbage coming from ignorant people who think that guns are to blame for society's problems.

Dont know of anyone who says they are to blame for societies problems, I however think having them available to every gun lover who wants them is responsible for school shootings and the tragedy in my OP.

Banning spoons would eliminate obesity. Banning books would eliminate stupidity. Banning water would eliminate drowning.

Back to this piss weak pathetic argument again are we

Yep and lets ban Doctors and cars, you forgot them in your pointless rant

Ban ban ban ban ban. Tired of the ignorance of anti-gun people. Actually most of them are ignorant - the ones who parrot what they hear the pretty TV people say. The other ones are not ignorant at all - they know exactly why they want guns banned. The problem for them is that a lot of us out here know it, too.

I personally dont see or hear any media talking about gun bans or how bad they are, in actual fact I dont hear anything at all in the media about guns except for in warzones or in American school shootings.
I have no agenda and at the end of the day I dont care. Buy and keep as many guns as you want, feck it get a bazooka if it makes you happy and you can find one.
My point is that while all you "good and responsible" blind gun lovers enjoy your "freedom" to buy as many guns as you like so do bad and irresponsible gun lovers.

Think on that for awhile

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Great topic and very real problem, indeed. I feel for the little girl here. This happens far far too often. There is absolutely no shortage of DUMB in the world though and where it isn't already. shooting a firearm into the sky OUGHT to be a felony in any populated area. ...any populated area. An Indian Reservation with VERY scattered population ..is populated enough for my definition.

My Father used to love working New Years in a Southern California Police Dept. The name isn't important here but it was fast paced, high action and non stop from start to end. .....except around midnight. His favorite place, as he'd told me several times over the years, was under a freeway overpass until all the bullets were pretty much down where they were going to land ...then off to the calls for who fired them all over the city. lol....

This story is also why in all my years trucking, I was only inside a city for New Years once....and the south loop of Dallas is pushing hard at calling myself inside the city. All other one's I had to be out on the road? Exit ramps in the middle of nowhere worked quite well to ring it in by phone with loved ones back home. Less chance of being shot from above.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Sorry but guns arent necessary and get this... There even bad, they kill people. Grow a brain

FYI: Our "governments" are ALSO bad, THEY kill people too.

WHY don't we ban THEM?

"DEATH BY GOVERNMENT" = 400+ million DEAD...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

The incessant spamming of these random gun-related articles is out of hand. Did you really think we were going to be shocked, surprised, and then suddenly change sides? ... Just no

Sadly no I didnt, guns and gun deaths are just a part of your culture, one all you gun lovers seem to accept as par for the course

Guns will not go away, and the real criminals will NEVER give up their guns. Actually, confiscations might prompt them to stock up on even more weapons. So now the majority of responsible, non-criminal gun owners will be forced to pay for the tiny margin of nutjobs who will commit mass murder regardless of the laws in place.

Every country has hardcore crims with guns but they are hardly ever used on civilians, yes it happens but not as often as you all seem to think it would. Using guns is bad for business as it attracts police, think about it.
You wont stop criminals getting guns but you can stop schoolchildren getting them

Instead of focusing on isolated cases of domestic gun tragedies, requesting confiscations & other nonsense; take a look at the enormous number of children subjected to human trafficking/the sex trade.

Absolutely pathetic and sickening you would use that in anyway in this thread

Totally off topic but thats address it shall we.
What can you or I do to stop this? we can not abuse trafficked children and thats about it.
What can you do about gun violence? stop selling them and stop supporting them being readily available. If enough of you said that the gov would be forced to act.

You all see some conspiracy to take away your guns I actually think the opposite, who makes the guns? who makes money from all of you buying guns? The conspiracy is to make you all so scared that you think you need them

The rise of sadistic & ruthless cartels, killing tens of thousands of innocents due to insane drug laws --- and the fact that U.S banks & government officials are directly complicit in these atrocities.

Yep, the same people selling you all guns

No, instead let's just use a case of a falling bullet to push an anti-gun agenda.

Anyone with common sense would be anti gun anyway.
The fact none of you come out and say you dont like them but feel they are a necessity is very telling. You love your guns and wouldnt give them up even if you knew youd never need it to fight crime or the gov

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

My point is that while all you "good and responsible" blind gun lovers enjoy your "freedom" to buy as many guns as you like so do bad and irresponsible gun lovers.

Think on that for awhile

Your point that you seem to be so in love with, that you feel the need to make multiple threads on, is ridiculous, mate.

Think on this.

If guns are banned then the good and responsible gun owners won't have guns.

The bad and irresponsible criminals will still have them.

Let's say the government passes a law and requires everybody to turn in their guns. Do you think the bad guys are going to turn in their guns?

It's idiotic.

What we'll be left with are cities filled with hoodlums carrying their 9 mm's everywhere.

Like most intellectual social engineering exercises, your solution only would exacerbate the problem you're attempting to solve.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Why do you think you have any right or moral authority even to keep me from defending myself with a gun?

Society has the right because guns are dangerous to society.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMarshall

I see that you live in Malaysia. I have found an article written about your "Crime Free Utopia" you call Malaysia. It seems this person does not share your passion of being unarmed.

Link

Your OP, to me, seems that you are just trolling to elicit a reaction and get attention.

LMFAO

you quote one blog and say it represents 30 million people

I never said crime didnt exist or it wasnt an issue, I said gun crime wasnt an issue and the BLOG didnt say anything about criminals with guns.

Not trolling and being honest I could do without this kind of attention. I know this isnt going to make me popular or liked on this site as most of you are happy gun totting Americans but Im gonna say whats on my mind.

Other than snatch thefts crime is relatively low here, I feel safer here than I have anywhere else Ive been in the world

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join