<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by sconner755

I have no fear of guns

As stated its not an issue where I live

The vast majority of gun owners on this site have justified there ownership of guns based on fear, fear of the government, fear of home invasion, fear of muggins etc etc etc.

Unless you own a gun for hunting you own it because of one fear or another.
This is a fact, so what are you afraid of that you need to own a gun?

For once I do agree with your statement, alot of people purchase guns for protection. I will admit that is why I have weapons myself, to protect me and mine. The sad truth is in most places in this world, there is a clear and present danger of violence that directly impacts you or someone you know or love. I, as well as many others, just wants the option of protecting our homes and lives from psychos, druggies and any criminal (yes including the biggest criminal org. in the known world, US government) that attempts to enter my home and either take my life or my property. Also if something does occur that leads to us having to hunt our own food to survive, im equipped for that as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GMan420

LMAO

I dont mind a drink and I have known to drink to excess on occasion, if you told me I could never drink again I wouldnt lose any sleep.

Let me ask you a question

Do you truly believe what you are saying and want alcohol banned or are you just using this argument to try and point out holes in my thinking?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sine.nomine
The fact of the matter is that guns already exist. Sorry people. Slapping gun bans or gun control down doesn't negate the existence of guns. Arms manufacturers will still produce weapons. Scandals like Fast and Furious will still take place. You can print working guns on a 3D printer for Christ's sake. What the hell would gun control actually do? Oh yeah, start civil turmoil and possible civil war. Great idea, way to think of solutions to problems logically. This whole argument of gun control is a big facepalm.

So much this

Ive come to the conclusion that common sense in people is as rare as virgin births, so it really brightens my days when someone like you comes and shows that common sense does still indeed exist. Star for you friend.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by sconner755

I have no fear of guns

As stated its not an issue where I live

It's not an issue where I live either, and I live in the US. How is it that my city with a population of over 200,000 has a gun crime rate of 0.0 per year? Because there's no poverty in the area, thus no criminals using guns. If you actually looked at the statistics, you'd see that the areas that gun crime occurs in, is in high poverty, low-income metropolitan areas.
There's no point in you pretending the gun deaths in the US are spread out evenly in all areas, because that's clearly not the case.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Dude I live in Malaysia which is basically a 3rd world country, you wanna see poverty come to SE Asia,

People here probably would have guns if you could get them at your local sporting goods store and there wasnt a massive penalty for owning them

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Without wishing to make a moron of myself, I have to ask how a third world nation has a capital city so plush as Kuala Lumpur.

Most third world nations have a capital city that looks like something out of Mad Max. I offer up the Afghan capital as an example.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Without wishing to make a moron of myself, I have to ask how a third world nation has a capital city so plush as Kuala Lumpur.

Most third world nations have a capital city that looks like something out of Mad Max. I offer up the Afghan capital as an example.

LOL true true

I live in KL and its basically the same as any Aussie city but Malaysia is still considered a 3rd world country or as its now called "developing nation"

Even in KL though there are slums and a huge amount of people live below the poverty line.
I guess the reason KL is so nice is because its where the money is.

Have you been here or are you just looking at images on google?
edit on 4/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GMan420

How do you feel about alcohol? Nobody needs alcohol. Its only use is to get people drunk. Alcohol kills many more than guns each year - by direct overdose, by getting run over by someone who is drunk, etc... it's strictly for entertainment but it kills thousands yearly.

Are you in favor of banning all alcoholic beverages so we can save lives?

Actually, alcohol or ethanol is widely used as a fuel to power cars, busses etc. There are more uses too. Deny ignorance

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

No, never been, and I didnt get my information from google.com. A friend I used to know back in primary school was actually from there. Me and him were thrown together by being variously different from the majority of kids at my school. Me because my favourite television programs included the news, various documentaries, and the Sky At Night with Patrick Moore (may his star shine forever more), and Zeric because he was not from England. I was the first person in his age group, who even attempted to break the language barrier between us. His family had moved here from Kuala Lumpur. From what I recall he was well educated already by the time we met (when I was about nine years old) and one of his parents was a doctor of something.

He never struck me as the product of a nation which one would call third world. By comparison I met a former Kosovo resident called Mario Lanonovic when I was at high school, who was a former child soldier. Lovely chap, but at age fifteen he was built like a bus, because he had spent ten years lugging crates of ammunition, heavy weapons, and grenades around. Even though he came from a warzone, straight to Britain, he also was well educated, but I near enough expected that, because before the war there, Kosovo was not third world factually speaking.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Scratch what I said about ignoring me, Im now ignoring you

Are you ignoring me as well? Did you not want to talk about your inability to see alcohol as a killer with no legitimate purpose?

I'm perfectly OK with you ignoring me because you can't address the alcohol comparison without looking stupid. Just let me know so I don't wait around for an answer of some kind from you about it.

The best way to look really stupid is trying to compare gun deaths to ones from alcohol.
Now, come on, really?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
forgive me if i'm wrong. but surely a bullet falling down can only travel at terminal velocity (you could throw a bullet faster than that).
surely thats not enough to kill someone.
isn't this just an urban myth?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by GMan420

LMAO

I dont mind a drink and I have known to drink to excess on occasion, if you told me I could never drink again I wouldnt lose any sleep.

Let me ask you a question

Do you truly believe what you are saying and want alcohol banned or are you just using this argument to try and point out holes in my thinking?

I believe what I'm saying, but no, I don't want alcohol banned. Nor do I want guns banned. It's a more than fair comparison I feel and I'm pressing it to point out your hypocrisy. You say you'd be OK with banning alcohol but would you believe it to be a good idea based on the discussion in this thread?

Here's what I want. I want current laws enforced better and I want to look into mental health care improvements. The pills we've been shoving down our kids' throats over the past few decades are doing more harm then good IMHO but that's an entirely different thread.

What I don't want is knee-jerk reactions (see: the Patriot Act in response to 9-11 or the current bill Dianne Feinstein is proposing in response to the school shooting).

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I was going to say his parents must have been Drs, lawyers or engineers.
The only people with money to emigrate or even travel outside of Asia are rich by Malaysian standards.
The children of rich parents dont get to see the poor side of Malaysia, No offence but he would give you a very limited idea of what the country is

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
forgive me if i'm wrong. but surely a bullet falling down can only travel at terminal velocity (you could throw a bullet faster than that).

If fired straight up thats true but if its fired at an angle then it can still kill

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GMan420

Well Im glad you admitted you were being facetious.

Sorry but the 2 are just not comparable, even most gun lovers see that using alcohol, knives, DRs, sticks, Cars etc etc is a piss poor argument.

Im not gonna entertain it any further

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

How do you feel about alcohol? Nobody needs alcohol. Its only use is to get people drunk. Alcohol kills many more than guns each year - by direct overdose, by getting run over by someone who is drunk, etc... it's strictly for entertainment but it kills thousands yearly.

Are you in favor of banning all alcoholic beverages so we can save lives?

Actually, alcohol or ethanol is widely used as a fuel to power cars, busses etc. There are more uses too. Deny ignorance

en.wikipedia.org...

That's a very good point. It's a good thing we got that alcohol prohibition thing out of the way quite awhile ago

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I imagine that must be the case, although I dont believe that Third World properly applies to the nation of Malaysia. The issue in Malaysia is not a lack of capital, but a concentration of it. Where as, in Sudan and Dafur for instance, theres just no money worth a damn at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by GMan420

Well Im glad you admitted you were being facetious.

Sorry but the 2 are just not comparable, even most gun lovers see that using alcohol, knives, DRs, sticks, Cars etc etc is a piss poor argument.

Im not gonna entertain it any further

You don't have to entertain it any further.

A tool (gun) kills a fraction of those killed by a recreational drug (alcohol) and people want to ban the tool first and think it's silly to even talk about banning the drug.

I'm done discussing this as well. I hate hypocrisy and knee-jerk reactions and I'd rather go have a beer and relax than argue with someone. Have a great evening.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

I dont know the physics of it all but this does happen pretty much every New Years and 4th of July

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well well.......

Before Im accused again of trawling the net looking for anti gun propaganda, this was in the top 10 stories of the website Im directed to when I close my email acc

A 10-year-old girl in the US has died after being struck by a stray bullet fired in the air during New Year's celebrations. Aaliyah Boyer was watching midnight fireworks outside a home in Elkton, Maryland, south of Philadelphia, when she was struck in the head by a falling bullet.

Yeah I know
It was probably an illegal firearm
The gun owner wasnt responsible
They probably had a mental illness
She shouldnt have been out that late
Its her parents fault for not making her wear a crash helmet
People die from Car crashes way more than guns, lets ban them
Etc etc etc etc

Thank god I live in a country where people dont have to worry about getting shot at school or even that when standing outside its a possibility to get hit by bullets falling out of the sky.

The mentality of gun ownership is just sick, theres no taboo involved in owning or apparently even firing a gun.
God bless America,land of the free to own any gun you want.

I wont be responding to anyone who uses this as a platform to tell me guns are OK, quite frankly Ive had enough and have dealt with all your pointless and contradictory arguments a million times over.
As long as guns are readily available to everyone stories like this and Sandy Hook are gonna keep happening.

WAKE UP PEOPLE AND FRICKEN DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!

Article
edit on 4/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

We should do something, like responding to crazy posts like your..... I couldn't stop myself.

Why don't you pick an EXTREMELY rare occurrence and make it out be a huge problem. Those damn evil guns again.....

Should it have happened? no.
Does it happen every day, week, month or year.......no.

Just because of the currant events and it involved a gun it gets your panties in a bunch.

This wasn't even gun violence, it was poor judgement on somebodies part and a billion to one odds bad luck for her.

Why don't you make a thread on EVERY child that dies for ANY reason in this country?!?! Just to be fair.

Or is it that you don't care about all those children dying......... unless it involves a gun.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join