It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl 10 dies from falling bullet on New Years Eve

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by GMan420

How do you feel about alcohol? Nobody needs alcohol. Its only use is to get people drunk. Alcohol kills many more than guns each year - by direct overdose, by getting run over by someone who is drunk, etc... it's strictly for entertainment but it kills thousands yearly. Are you in favor of banning all alcoholic beverages so we can save lives?

SIGH

Alcohol isnt designed to kill people
Guns are

Do you not realise how stupid and childish the "lets ban knives, Alcohol, Cars, Doctors etc etc" argument comes across:

Do you realize how irrelevant the "only designed to kill people" argument is?

Of course guns are designed to kill people. If there's an bad guy in my house I'm certain a witty retort, cutting insult, or intellectual conversation is not going to stop him.

Guns do not need justification. What needs justification is your position that because you don't want to defend yourself, I shouldn't be allowed to defend myself either.

Please explain.

Why do you think you have any right or moral authority even to keep me from defending myself with a gun?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

SIGH

Alcohol isnt designed to kill people
Guns are

Do you not realise how stupid and childish the "lets ban knives, Alcohol, Cars, Doctors etc etc" argument comes across:

It's a perfectly valid depending on your goal.

Are you trying to save lives or are you just trying to ban anything you want and going after the seemingly easiest thing to ban?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Im Australian but live in Malaysia

And I totally agree Cigarettes should be banned, I say this with a ciggie in my hand right now
edit on 4/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

reply to post by jtma508

Im Australian but live in Malaysia

And I totally agree Cigarettes should be banned, I say this with a ciggie in my hand right now

So knowing that alcohol has no useful purpose you are OK with banning it as well?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GMan420

So knowing that alcohol has no useful purpose you are OK with banning it as well?

Alcohol isnt designed to kill people!!!!!

Alcohol when misused, like cars, knives etc etc, can kill but thats not why it was made.

It lowers inhibitions and in moderation can be alot of fun, harmless fun in most cases

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I seen that happen on CSI I think it was a guy got tapped in the head from I think 600 - 900 meters away when a 9mm was fired in the air..........

that is what I call a Freak incident, don't get me wrong though I don't mean insincerity to the girls family wishes go to them on this but the chances of that happening, I don't see why fire arms should be banned for that. it would be the same as banning cars for somebody getting ran down

A pen can a weapon when used wrong anything is dangerous in the wrong hands especially firearms respect is need with these tools, the person responsible needs educating and a bullet in the knees for being so stupid in the 1st place
edit on 4-1-2013 by ANDERSON23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Shaade

So youre saying that anyone that seeks to own a firearm for protection of home and family is irresponsible and selfish??? and they shouldnt be allowed?

Thats exactly what Im saying

If you can easily go buy a gun so can anyone. Ive confronted someone trying to break into my house without a gun and surprise surprise Im still alive and hes in jail

I think you're in need of a reality check. We can't undo the technology which exists without complete collapse of civilization. Genie is out of the bottle.

So the only rational decision is to deal with how to distribute the guns. Simply not having guns is not reality. It can't be.

If you make it harder for people to get guns legally, yet the will exists, they will find another way. Period. This is like trying to control anything else that has been so widely distributed through time. You can't control drug use, either. The power just flows into dirtier hands.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Well well.......

Before Im accused again of trawling the net looking for anti gun propaganda, this was in the top 10 stories of the website Im directed to when I close my email acc

A 10-year-old girl in the US has died after being struck by a stray bullet fired in the air during New Year's celebrations. Aaliyah Boyer was watching midnight fireworks outside a home in Elkton, Maryland, south of Philadelphia, when she was struck in the head by a falling bullet.

Yeah I know
It was probably an illegal firearm
The gun owner wasnt responsible
They probably had a mental illness
She shouldnt have been out that late
Its her parents fault for not making her wear a crash helmet
People die from Car crashes way more than guns, lets ban them
Etc etc etc etc

Thank god I live in a country where people dont have to worry about getting shot at school or even that when standing outside its a possibility to get hit by bullets falling out of the sky.

The mentality of gun ownership is just sick, theres no taboo involved in owning or apparently even firing a gun.
God bless America,land of the free to own any gun you want.

I wont be responding to anyone who uses this as a platform to tell me guns are OK, quite frankly Ive had enough and have dealt with all your pointless and contradictory arguments a million times over.
As long as guns are readily available to everyone stories like this and Sandy Hook are gonna keep happening.

WAKE UP PEOPLE AND FRICKEN DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!

Article

what an odd post

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Im done with gun arguments.

Ive heard and refuted it all before, if you want to read what I have to say on the topic check this thread

My gun arguments

If any of you read that entire thread and have something I havent heard before feel free to post here and Ill respond.

Till then enjoy your guns and I sincerely hope none of you lose any friends or family because of your countries irresponsible gun laws.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Ahh Malaysia. Ranks 77th in homicides per 100,000 population even though it ranks 133rd in firearm ownership. The U.S. ranks 28th in homicides and 1st in ownership. Malaysia has alot of countries with a lower rate of gun homicides. In fact, Malaysia has 5 times the number of gun-homicides per gun owned than the U.S.

So much for that argument.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by GMan420

Alcohol isnt designed to kill people!!!!!

Alcohol when misused, like cars, knives etc etc, can kill but thats not why it was made.

It lowers inhibitions and in moderation can be alot of fun, harmless fun in most cases

Guns can be alot of fun, harmless fun in most cases. Guns actually have a purpose other than killing people you know - like hunting - a very USEFUL purpose of a gun. Alcohol has NO useful purposes. Alcohol's ONLY purpose is to mess you up.

You want to keep alcohol legal because you have fun using it and even though people may misuse it and cause the death of others, you are unwilling to give it up.

I want to keep guns legal because I have fun using them and even though people may misuse them and cause the death of others, I am unwilling to give them up.

Either we're both right or we're both wrong. Which is it? (I suppose an additional choice would be that one of us is a complete hypocrite...)
edit on 4-1-2013 by GMan420 because: added text

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

bikinginla.wordpress.com...

america in the year 2011... to sum up:
677 traffic deaths of people riding bicycles
4,400 traffic deaths of pedestrians

WE NEED NEW LAWS ABOUT CONTROLLING BICYCLES AND PEDESTRIANS!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Im done with gun arguments.

Ive heard and refuted it all before, if you want to read what I have to say on the topic check this thread

My gun arguments

If any of you read that entire thread and have something I havent heard before feel free to post here and Ill respond.

Till then enjoy your guns and I sincerely hope none of you lose any friends or family because of your countries irresponsible gun laws.

Cheers

Indeed. And you can go enjoy your alcohol and I sincerely hope that you don't lose any friends or family because of your irresponsible alcohol laws.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Ahh Malaysia. Ranks 77th in homicides per 100,000 population even though it ranks 133rd in firearm ownership. The U.S. ranks 28th in homicides and 1st in ownership. Malaysia has alot of countries with a lower rate of gun homicides. In fact, Malaysia has 5 times the number of gun-homicides per gun owned than the U.S.

LMFAO

No one here is scared of getting shot or other people carrying guns

Australian rate of gun homicide per 100,000= 0.14
Malaysian rate of gun homicide per 100,000= 0.2
USA rate of gun homicide per 100,000= 2.98

So your argument is that because theres less guns in Oz and Malaysia those numbers are worse

Just ignore me, Im obviously an idiot or at least very simple because your logic makes no sense to me.

Enjoy your guns

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by sine.nomine
This Sandy Hook situation is a terrible reason to argue against legal ownership when the weapons were obtained illegally in the first place. And ban guns because a kid died by a stray bullet? That probably happens more than you realize, but not from legal guns.

If I recall correctly the guns used at SH were legal. Not the shooters but a family member. Secondly, this indecent was probably brought about by a legal firearm. Your point again?

If you'd read a full post instead of nitpicking stupid details, you'd understand my point.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

No, my argument is as stated: you're 77th in homicides. Not 185th. 77th. But looking at homicides per gun you're 5 times higher than the U.S. People say fewer guns means a lower gun-homicide rate. It's not true. Simple, no?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

No, my argument is as stated: you're 77th in homicides. Not 185th. 77th. But looking at homicides per gun you're 5 times higher than the U.S. People say fewer guns means a lower gun-homicide rate. It's not true. Simple, no?

What are you on

It does have a lower gun homicide rate 0.2 Vs 2.98

Are you actually using the amount of guns to gun deaths as an argument

Scratch what I said about ignoring me, Im now ignoring you

Grow a brain dude

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No one here is scared of getting shot or other people carrying guns

If you're ultimate goal is to eliminate being scared, well sorry mate, that has nothing to do with guns. That has to do with your own state of mind.

What else do you propose eliminating to appease your fears?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

I have no fear of guns

As stated its not an issue where I live

The vast majority of gun owners on this site have justified there ownership of guns based on fear, fear of the government, fear of home invasion, fear of muggins etc etc etc.

Unless you own a gun for hunting you own it because of one fear or another.
This is a fact, so what are you afraid of that you need to own a gun?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Scratch what I said about ignoring me, Im now ignoring you

Are you ignoring me as well? Did you not want to talk about your inability to see alcohol as a killer with no legitimate purpose?

I'm perfectly OK with you ignoring me because you can't address the alcohol comparison without looking stupid. Just let me know so I don't wait around for an answer of some kind from you about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join