It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. troops arrive in Turkey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

U.S. troops arrived in Turkey on Friday to man Patriot missile defense batteries near the Syrian border, according to Turkish state media.

"We've made very clear to them that were going to protect countries in this region," Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said last month. "We have to act to do what we have to do to make sure that we defend ourselves and make sure that Turkey can defend itself."

The missiles and troops will be under the overall control of NATO, but the missiles will be operated by U.S. forces

SOURCE

Is it really necessary that we have U.S. forces man the patriot missiles and not NATO or Turkish forces?

With over 60,000 people dead from this conflict, what do you guys think will happen in this region?

Both restriction and legislature origins reported that the fanatic Nusra Front, which the U.S. has designated as a terrorist aggregation, is partaking in the attack on the airfield.

With the U.S. deeming that there is an active terrorist organization partaking in attacks in Syria, I have no doubt that the U.S. will only increase their presence in the region and country.
edit on 4-1-2013 by johngalt722 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by johngalt722

The Russians have committed to Assad as well as that stance they have a lot of hardware in the region their supplying Assad with some pretty serious missiles too...
This can go real bad all the way around real quick, it has been growing ever closer for along while all we can do is hope for the best... what that is, well I just dont know

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Its a part of the contract...there are Russian forces actively manning missle systems in Syria, even pilots
edit on 4-1-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngalt722

U.S. troops arrived in Turkey on Friday to man Patriot missile defense batteries near the Syrian border, according to Turkish state media.

The missiles and troops will be under the overall control of NATO, but the missiles will be operated by U.S. forces

SOURCE

Is it really necessary that we have U.S. forces man the patriot missiles and not NATO or Turkish forces?
Let the "Cold War" begin, same rules apply, The War will be fought through Proxy Countries.
Pick a side, no one will win.
Except for Arms Manufactures , Private Contractors and People in the Death Industry.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Wasn't the cold war fought because the US and USSR had different political philosophies? Wouldn't China also want to get into the mix then? Is this just a powerplay for oil or land?

I'm no expert on the subject, I am just trying to understand it better.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This could very well be the true beginning of the next cold war. Some say the cold war never ended it was just on pause for a while. This could get very interesting if they are forced to use these missiles for any reason.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This has to be a show of solidarity on the part of NATO. Turkey doesn't need any help. They have the 6th strongest military in the world and certainly #1 in the region.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This has to be a show of solidarity on the part of NATO. Turkey doesn't need any help. They have the 6th strongest military in the world and certainly #1 in the region.
Probably true.
And the Reason the US will be minding the Pats, and not Turkish hands, is a very Strained Relation between Turkey and Israel. www.turkishweekly.net...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I will tell you folks what I have been telling people for more than ten years. Russia, China and Iran have a plan. They have had this plan since the wall came down. A student of mine managed a think tank for the Rand Corporation. With Putin back in office, an Iranian Republican Guard General running OPEC and China handling 80% of the USA's consumables everything he told me is falling right into place.

His suggestion more than ten years ago? Make some friends in China......

It is likely that everything he told me is coming true. Now just for one minute imagine what would happen if Russia, China and OPEC cut off imports to the USA? Don't think it could happen? Well then you must be smarter than 200+ members of Rand Corps think tank.

There are 20 more pieces of this puzzle, all of them happening, right on cue........... This I have been watching since 1999.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I find that relationship very interesting. The US being an ally of both countries. It's not the first time. See India/Pakistan. I think the US actually asked Turkey to back off a last year when Israel was peeing in Turkey's pool. That's one country that could more than hold it's own against Israel.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The only reason the US keeps the relations to Turkey warm is its geostrategical importance, mostly due to its geographic location.

What's the buzz about these puny Patriot AA sites anyways. They won't hurt anyone. Additionally, what's the current Patriot deployment compared to the Pershings the US had there a couple years ago ?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

With over 60,000 people dead from this conflict, what do you guys think will happen in this region?

Turkey doesn't operate the Patriot, so US troops will have to operate them while training them, if they were to give/sell them to Turkey. So US troops would be there either way. The US is by far the largest operator of the Patriot (1100+ batteries), so they have the most experience with them.

The US isn't the only country sending them to Turkey though, Germany was supposed to send several batteries, and the Netherlands was preparing to send at least one in an earlier report. So it's a NATO op, not just a US op..

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Do you have any more knowledge as to the pieces of this puzzle you speak of? Are the things happening now part of this elaborate plan?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
US troops have been in Turkey for decades , this is no big deal .

Syrian regime will fall no matter what happens .

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
I will tell you folks what I have been telling people for more than ten years. Russia, China and Iran have a plan. They have had this plan since the wall came down. A student of mine managed a think tank for the Rand Corporation. With Putin back in office, an Iranian Republican Guard General running OPEC and China handling 80% of the USA's consumables everything he told me is falling right into place.

His suggestion more than ten years ago? Make some friends in China......

It is likely that everything he told me is coming true. Now just for one minute imagine what would happen if Russia, China and OPEC cut off imports to the USA? Don't think it could happen? Well then you must be smarter than 200+ members of Rand Corps think tank.

There are 20 more pieces of this puzzle, all of them happening, right on cue........... This I have been watching since 1999.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

Can you prove what your saying is the truth? What are the other pieces of the puzzle?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I dunno guys
Seems to me that russia and allies, and the US and allies have always played their wargames against each other in the middle east using other populations to test weapons and state of preparedness.

The Iran Iraq war
Afghanistan first time around
Numerous Israel V one, some, all of the others

I may be wrong but it just seems that way

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Mamatus

Do you have any more knowledge as to the pieces of this puzzle you speak of? Are the things happening now part of this elaborate plan?

The plan is not elaborate. Iran, Russia and China have had a plan in place for a long time. At least that is what is suspected by Rand Corp. Russia brings down the wall and ushers in "Capitalism". China follows suit and through the production of cheap goods develops the U.S. to become economically dependent on said cheap goods. All the while they use the money from selling us cheap junk to build the worlds largest defensive force. Iran currently sits at the head of the table at OPEC.

Here are some of the warning signs I was told to watch for:
Putin coming into power (He HATES the USA)
Iran sitting at the head of Opec.
Russia rebuilding a mighty military.
A massive reduction of available USA manufacturing jobs.
A restarting of the Cold War with Russia.
A thinning out of military resources via an unknown war with an unknown enemy (War on Terror)
A extension of Presidential and police powers and approval of use of using Military to quell civil unrest in the USA
A loss of internet privacy and international hacker teams focused on destabilizing our Power grids.

People have no idea just how fast things can fall apart here. Imagine one day Iran and China sits back and decides that they will simply not be doing anymore business with the USA. Walmart is empty in three days......
Iran manages to get OPEC to cut the USA off about the same time. Both are allies of Russia, the Country with the Nukes and submarines. We will suffer and we will suffer big.

This is almost certainly the plan as all the warning signs are happening. How long before it happens is anyone guess. Could be years off still.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

With the U.S. deeming that there is an active terrorist organization partaking in attacks in Syria, I have no doubt that the U.S. will only increase their presence in the region and country.

Thats funny, because the terrorist forces in Syria are the FSA that my own government funded, starting back in the Libyan conflict and now theyre in Syria at the request of their muslim brotherhood cohorts. So whats really going on is, the White House really wants more of our people to die at terrorist hands because Benghazi wasn't enough, yet somehow Obama and Hillary Clinton keep evading impeachment and charges of treason. They have the luck of the Devil in being able to find a plethora of people willing to fall on their swords for them.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Thats funny, because the terrorist forces in Syria are the FSA that my own government funded, starting back in the Libyan conflict and now theyre in Syria at the request of their muslim brotherhood cohorts. So whats really going on is, the White House really wants more of our people to die at terrorist hands because Benghazi wasn't enough, yet somehow Obama and Hillary Clinton keep evading impeachment and charges of treason. They have the luck of the Devil in being able to find a plethora of people willing to fall on their swords for them.

You do know that none of that makes any sense right? The FSA is made up of a coalition of Syrian groups with Syrian Army defections as its military arm. While other not so savory groups are operating against the Syrian gov they have been marginalized and come into conflict with the FSA on occasion. Just as Irans contribution to support the Syrian gov is fairly small. The bulk of the fighters on both sides belong to the Syrian Army both loyal and rebel units. I am not going to even both with the rest of that mess you rambling about.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Ah no dude. The FSA are terrorists and have even been caught attacking unarmed civilians. There's nothing "free" about what they want.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join