It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People Like Me Should Have Guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Excellent example of good ol' American justice at work.
Glad he didn't press you to kill him,but that is what most just don't really get do they? They have such insulting screwed up opinions 'bible belt", "gun nut",many we will see again, probably in response to my post.
If they surrender they get to live,far above what they would offer you.If this is disputable to you you have no place discussing these matters with the adults.
If they take the next step after they are ordered to stop,they die.
Or you depending on your political views,apparently, it could be you instead.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Excellent example of good ol' American justice at work.
Glad he didn't press you to kill him,but that is what most just don't really get do they? They have such insulting screwed up opinions 'bible belt", "gun nut",many we will see again, probably in response to my post.
If they surrender they get to live,far above what they would offer you.If this is disputable to you you have no place discussing these matters with the adults.
If they take the next step after they are ordered to stop,they die.
Or you depending on your political views,apparently, it could be you instead.

Your too scared to take up arms against the government those weapons were meant to protect you against.

You sound pretty tough taking shots at the desperate people forced to steal because you didn't do your job as an armed American patriot. You never will. Your guns are an extension of your own selfishness.

real tough guy you are, ok im being sarcastic, i don't think your tough. not even a little bit.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

2 things a robber is afraid of.....

1) Big dogs (esp. pit-bull)
2) A woman with a gun

Seriously tho, you be careful.
And I hate to say it but......I agree with your hubby.

edit on 6-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

Material posessions are not worth dying for!!! I wish someone would tell America this.....

Some times, people are killed any way even after giving them what they wanted.

It's been about 15 years ago or so but our friends owned a convenient store with some storage units behind them.
The family had always talked about IF they got robbed, don't hesitate and give them what ever they asked for.
Of course, like so many people, they figure "it would never happen to me".

Well, it did one fateful morning.
The wife had opened up that morning by herself when a robber came in. She did as he asked and emptied the register and the safe. But that wan't the end....
He didn't have a gun, only a knife and he stabbed her over 15 times and she bleed to death.
Her husband found her when he came in. Dead.

He told my husband had they had a gun in there, she would have at least had a weapon to defend herself with.
But as it was, she had nothing but her fists.
And the perp got away

A week later, he tried to rob another store but got SHOT this time. Unfortunately the perp lived.
At least the employee was NOT HURT.

Since the death of his wife, the husband and her parents sold the store and moved away.

The point is, no body expects any thing bad to happen to them.
This family thought that giving in to the robbers would save them....... it didn't.

Unfortunately, it's not so always black and white.
There's always that gray area in between.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

Cool. Underestimation is an advantage.
Tough guys are thugs,Im a vet. Another span of intellect you'll never get.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Personally speaking, I don't think gun control is going to do anything. The system breeds random acts of violence, and it is pretty much a game of chance as to whether it involves a gun or not; we'll only hear about the tragedies or incidents that sell. I don't believe there is a certain agenda being pushed on the American people, although I do not disagree with the idea that guns allow us to maintain a certain sense of control in our lives and gives us more power as individuals. I believe the government isn't pushing an agenda so much as addressing a concern, the concern is shaped by the general populations opinion over a certain subject, however, one will argue the sources of information we have access to are biased and prone to corruption but in actuality it's all a circle. The media pushes the information that the creates more consumer buzz, and it's a perpetual flow of information to improve the quality and cut losses that creates the distortion of information.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Damn girl !
You have a 30-30 ? I'm gonna call you Clintessa from now on.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Damn girl !
You have a 30-30 ? I'm gonna call you Clintessa from now on.

Don't worry randy; if I tell you that you've made my day I assure you it will be in a completely different context!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
Your 30-30 is a probably a lever action Id imagine which would allow 5 or so quick rounds to solve your problem,I have no problems with either lever,pump or bolt action rifles in civilian hands.

30 round plus semi automatics and 10mm semi auto pistols with 16 round magazines are a different issue these should not be in the hands of civilians,in my country they aren't.

The problem in the US is even if you ban the sale of such weapons there are already millions in circulation you'd have to have the mother of all buyback schemes to effectively reduce their numbers,no such proposal would ever pass a Republican Congress so expect severe ammunition rationing instead especially in 5.56 and 7.62mm.

I really have a hard time with mag ban stuff. We hunt pigs in S. Tx. and to be honest it is much easier to grab a couple of 30 or 40 round mags than a box of ammo (that makes noise) when you are out and about on a hunt. Most people, I understand who only do gun range adventures and do not actually work a fire arm have all kinds of reasons why someone should not be allowed to figure their own mission load out? Even my .22s carry 26 rounds in a mag; Jeez if I want to fire 30 rounds it does not matter if I have 10 round mags or 60 it is just a matter of carrying more crap around!! True a deer hunter may only get one or two shots during an all day hunt but that is deer not pigs.

One size does not fit all requirements...even though some rule maker wants you to think so.

Think it was Buddha that said something to the effect that evil comes from (or is first formed in the heart) but it is the action that consummates the deed....err something like that....which means to me, it is the person not the tool. ...... in my way of thinking human nature hasn't changed much since he had those thoughts..Tell a carpenter to use an old hand saw and ban his electric saw because the electric is dangerous which is true but nonetheless he would prefer using the electric saw because it is easier and quicker......

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

While good to hear that you stopped him, I personally would have no issue in shooting him.

DOOM on you who comes into my house uninvited or the person that hurts my family.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

Protecting your property =/= vigilante justice. If somebody has me at gun point and asked for my wallet, of course I'd give it up, but if somebody broke into/onto my property I would definitional protect myself and my property with a firearm. Would much rather handle it myself than trust that the police will one, show up in time, and two do an adequate job of protecting me.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Good Girl!

I'm glad that you excercised restraint like most of us would do.

AND at the slightest provocation, I too would have fired.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join