It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ton of Gun Control Bills hit the house

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

thank you, now i know that you can not get full auto any more, The next time i here of someone saying you can ill point this out to them.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

You can though.
Via those listed processes.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yo people any of last years shooters get their guns from a gun show?

Nope.

So why make it an issue?

That is as asinine as the congressman writing laws that they know nothing bout any fools support legislation inspired and written by dogma is not worthy of support or trust.
edit on 4-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You can own a full auto weapon. It has to be converted or Manufactured pre 1986. per the assualt weapons ban of 1986. Also its not a class three licemse to own one it is a NFA tax stamp. Class 3 is the Dealer term the weapons are Title II weapons... includes machine guns , Short barreled rifles, Short Barreld shot guns and destructive devices such as grenades, bombs, explosive missilesand poison gas to name a few. There is a lot of un educated guessing going on that people just say with out knowing.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cudafox

There is a lot of un educated guessing going on that people just say with out knowing.

Well, this is the information age after all. Not like we're all sitting in front a magic box that we can use to research any subject at all.

Oh.....wait. It is exactly like that.

No excuse for such guessing and fabrication in this day and age.

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him Google #.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The only mass shooting I know that has ever happened in Indiana was that done 20 minutes from me of course that was done bow and arrows- Pigeon Roost Indians,.

Never heard of a mass shooting from a gun purchased from a gun show in Indiana.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by macman

thank you, now i know that you can not get full auto any more, The next time i here of someone saying you can ill point this out to them.

class 3 firearms made pre 1986 200 federal tax stamp and a background check, and if the state allows you can.

They start at 5000 bucks and up but they are still available.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cudafox

My statement clarified this.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Cudafox

My statement clarified this.

In case they missed the fact:

www.everydaynodaysoff.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Me like.

The Class 3 manufacture I do side work for is thinking about getting one, for demos and such.

I hope they do.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by Preacher76

HR141 - Require Background Checks on All Sales at a Gun Show thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.141:

This one is a must. Gun shows are where a vast majority of illegal guns come from.

God what an ignorant statement. I frequent gun shows... have for years... and they do background checks at gun shows. This is one of the biggest lies (one of many) that is perpetuated in the media and by politicians that have no idea what they are talking about. Anyway, what exactly is an "illegal gun"? Considering that gun shows go through a very extensive process in order to set up it is laughable to think that there would be "illegal" guns there. So, what illegal guns are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

So, what illegal guns are you talking about?

The ones that ABC news, the Brady Camp and Moore told him that were illegal. DUH!!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

How did you come to this determination, personal experience?

Ive bough from gun shows as have other people I know. Sellers were following rules, background checks etc, even in a very gun friendly state.

edit on 4-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by NavyDoc

Well you've obviously never been to a gun show. I have. Read my link above.

Can the disinformation stop please? You've outright misrepresented the status of law at a gun show AND your own link in an above post used to 'support' it. Navy Doc is 100% correct in saying that any LICENSED dealer at a gun show MUST run a NICS check for a sale. Gun show or not. It does not matter. In most states, a PRIVATE citizen can sell a gun without any background check. Gun show or not and that doesn't matter in their case.

Licensed Dealer = NICS check.

Private citizen = No check.

Now, to close that "loophole" the way they want to, they will make it illegal for ANY private citizen to sell ANY gun to any OTHER private citizen. That is the case right now in California and the "loophole" nonsense was the argument used to do it. A Father cannot technically sell a firearm to his own son without a law enforcement check because the law doesn't make that distinction in a firearms sale between private parties.

A LOGICAL way to address this but without the overbearing control the politicians seek to wield over us would be to simply say that ANYONE selling a firearm at a gun show (and define that accurately) or within xx yards (1,000 would cover clear out to the adjoining properties and overflow parking) MUST be an FFL holder .... which would require them to run that NICS check. Problem solved. No more "loophole" at the gun shows.

The media article also claims that gun show people are against closing the "loophole"???? Yeah.. right... That's MSM for ya. The private sellers walking around or in the parking lot are direct competition to the LEGAL dealers inside with tables. They'd LOVE to see the private sellers on the property banned ....the dealers would get 100% of the business then.

edit on 4-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The ratio of U.S. citizens to members within the corrupt executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the U.S. government is a roughly,

557,541 to 1

That's over a half-million to one. It's time for Americans to get face-to-face with the criminal politicians in Washington D.C.

America, this is a struggle to save the republic, and regain our freedom. Unite in non-cooperation and civil disobedience, now!

F.T.G.

edit on 5-1-2013 by seasoul because: "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Gandhi

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join