It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Live Performances--I start with Rock. Where will you take this thread?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by ShadowsOnTheWall
Couldn't let this thread go by without posting something by Pink Floyd..

You couldn't let it go by? Pink Floyd was one of my main features in the Op and 2 videos from Live at Pompeii have already been posted

But I love Pink Floyd so I'm not going to complain.

The reason they made my top list was because of the 1980 tour of The Wall. No other band that I'm aware of has so masterfully illustrated a concept album with the use of stage props, puppets, a cast of actors and backup musicians, and that giant video screen.

Their stage literally became a living opera.
edit on 4-1-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

duhhh.. ok..I have been rightfully chastised for missing the links of the best live performing band ever. I feel ashamed at my oversight , and my apologies .

Heres to you OP, and forgive my ignorant oversight.

Thanks for being a gentleman about the correction as well.

edit on 4-1-2013 by ShadowsOnTheWall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jburrow

The King at the top.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well they don't move onstage and many
people think its just noise, but MY BLOODY VALENTINE
is absolutely amazing in concert. (to me)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-1-2013 by sealing because: Link

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm sure you won't mind if I embed your video for the thread. Thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by sealing
Well they don't move onstage and many
people think its just noise, but MY BLOODY VALENTINE
is absolutely amazing in concert. (to me)

edit on 4-1-2013 by sealing because: Link

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Heres my favorite Hendrix video, unfortunately I cant find the version with just one song in it, but I did manage to find a 20 minute video with 4 songs and its the first one. Its also really cool because of the intro/random graphics. Theres also some really cool camera angles.
RIP Jimi

edit on 4-1-2013 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Trans-Siberian Orchestra:

edit on 4-1-2013 by Cakewalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I like this game and wish to play along.

Stop Making Sense (concert movie but still live)
"This must be the Place"
I choose this for selfish reasons--it takes me to a place that I can't find the words to describe.

Warren Zevon
"Excitable Boy"
Great song--great performance (everybody looks like they're having a blast)--great guitar solo at end. Only Warren Zevon could come up with the lyrics for this song. I read somewhere that Warren was hitting the piano keys so hard that his fingers began to bleed.

edit on 1/4/2013 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Thanks for sharing your music with the thread. I have a lot to catch up on at this point. But I just gotta say that a whole account based off George Costanza is totally hilarious!

Even in the signature too hahaha.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your music with the thread. I have a lot to catch up on at this point. But I just gotta say that a whole account based off George Costanza is totally hilarious!

Ha ha!

Consistency is certainly underappreciated on this site--many thanks for noticing!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Ha ha!

Consistency is certainly underappreciated on this site--many thanks for noticing!

Well, knowing George Costanza...he wouldn't "dumb it down for some bone-headed mass audience," and you shouldn't either

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Many good choice so far ... ATS has some great taste in music!

Edit to add - Great Post OP, thank you! ... and great to see some of that music from the olden days

One of the greatest Soul, Funk and Afro Beat concerts ever was in the year that I was born '74 and this is a live concert that always comes to mind when someone asks "Best Concert Ever?"

This was the pre-fight concert for The Rumble in the Jungle or ... "Soul Power"

James Brown, Celia Cruz and the Fania All-Stars, B.B. King, Miriam Makeba, The Spinners, Bill Withers, Manu Dibango and Sister Sledge

I mean ... C'MON! THIS is an absolute musical feast ... I can listen and love it all all all day ... Enjoy friends

edit on 4/1/13 by Horza because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

This is definitely unique compared to all that's been posted so far. This looks very exciting and I can't wait to check it out! Thanks for bringing something new to this thread.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Some great music here!

Here's one of my favorite live performances, unfortunately, I wasn't born yet (my dad would've only been 13). Also, I read somewhere that Sly stone was sick and running a fever here, but I'm not sure about it, his voice does seem to be going, but damn, what a great performance!

Here's another great live performance of one of my favorite songs ever.

Here's one of a local band made up of some friends of mine, the guy singing Derek Reed, and Aaron Anderson on lead guitar. They're just a bar band, but they're pretty good, just good old dirty rock.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Some great music choices on this thread

I would have to pick the Cure....it's personal choice but I think they are absolutely amazing to watch live.

My fave, Picture's Of You - The Cure

I've listened to the Smiths for the last 26 years and i really regret that just as i started listening to them at the age of 15 the band split and I never got to watch them live together in concert ...but this next one is Morrissey at a home coming concert at the Manchester Arena....it also happens to be my fave song of all time.

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - Morrissey

My last one is a tad before my time as I was only 9 in 1980.....but i would have loved to have watched the Jam live in the post punk era!

Going Underground - The Jam

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is the winner of The Voice, Cassadee Pope. A new personal favorite singer on my growing list.
I love this song. It is a very emotional song, and she does a wonderful job. It is worth watching the short ad at the beginning to hear her beautiful voice.
The song was written by her coach, Blake Shelton. It is about his brother's death.

Well, shute! I can't get the video to embed! Anyway, I love Cassadee Pope! And the song was, Over You.
edit on 1/4/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

At least I can give a link to the video...
www.nbc.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

It's my pleasure for sure!

The full concert/documentary "Soul Power" is an absolute much watch for music and history fans alike

Part 1

Part 2

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-2013 by spaceg0at because: oops

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

"This is the winner of The Voice, Cassadee Pope. A new personal favorite singer on my growing list.
I love this song. It is a very emotional song, and she does a wonderful job. It is worth watching the short ad at the beginning to hear her beautiful voice.
The song was written by her coach, Blake Shelton. It is about his brother's death."

Is this it?

edit on 4-1-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is the most beautiful song I have ever heard live.

This is Tori Amos performing "Winter"

-Alien

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join