It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers leak video of Steubenville, Ohio Rape case.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Thanks, ME and Havok for answering my question about the ex-boyfriend.
If true, he needs to be charged if he hasn't been already. I bet he's a pretty boy and won't have to worry about getting rejected by Bubba in the Big House. Who says prison doesn't help people get over their issues?

Your welcome,

It's sad that not only have they dismissed the kidnap charges, they are also no longer charging the two as adults. They are now going to be charged in a juvenile court.

I'm sure this has been discussed as well....the prosecuter in the case has a son who is apparently a member of the well known "rape crew".

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Considering the ex hasn't been charged and the evidence is there, I'm wondering who his mommy and daddy are. Is he graduated, too, and on some college football team with a scholarship?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have heard the victim reported to be 16 years old. I have also read that she was 15.

Is there any confirmation of her age at the time of the incident?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If the leaks data is correct, the boyfriends father actions give the appearance of buying off or making a deal with the sheriff and therefore the charges dropped.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I heard 16 from published sources, but in the video the laughing sicko states that he thinks she's 14. This comment alone defines him as a complete monster.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I am not even sure what to comment on about this other than the fact that watching that video made me feel sick to my stomach. The fact that everyone in the community is all for protecting the 'little innocent boys' even makes me more sick to my stomach. WTF is wrong with parents and adults these days!! Has nobody ever heard of the concept of tough love? Trying to gloss over, and make light of the actions of the perpetrators is imo almost as bad as the actions that have been commited. I'm sorry, but I am of the opinion that if you do the crime then you best be prepared to do the time. When I was that age I knew the difference between right and wrong, good and evil. They are 16+ not little 4 year olds. They should be tried as adults, they show no remorse for what they did, they infact made a video bragging and laughing about it. What does that tell you? It tells me that a 3 year stint in juvie is not going to fix what is wrong with them. In some cases I am not of the opinion that it is the parents fault for the actions of thier offspring, however in this case I cannot honestly say that may not be the case. The parents and adults of this community tried very hard to sweep this under the rug. To me that says that they think that they should be above the law and not held accountable for their actions. I think the people who tried to hide the evidence, intimidate the victim etc. should also be held partially accountable. They are so worried about the "community being destroyed" the "negative image of thier football program". Well sorry pal! Maybe that is exactly what needs to happen!! It's like they don't understand the fact that giving them the OK here (trying to cover everything up and make it disappear) is giving them the OK to maybe murder someone or a whole bunch of someones down the road and expecting that money will let them get away with it. Two arrests that are going to be tried in juvenile court is a fracking joke!! This happened at a party, I am sure that there was a heck of alot more than 2 witnesses to it occuring. If you are a witness and see it happening you are still guilty if you choose to take no steps to stop, prevent, or bring to light the fact that it is happening. All those kids and none of them seemed to show even an ounce of a sense for knowing what was right and what was wrong is truly disturbing. We are raising a generation of bad apples and enablers and I'm sure Steubenville is not alone, it just may be coming to a small town near you! Now that is a truly frightening and sad thought!!

link   

reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Considering the ex hasn't been charged and the evidence is there, I'm wondering who his mommy and daddy are. Is he graduated, too, and on some college football team with a scholarship?

Very fishy huh?

As far as I understand, he is still enrolled in HS. Good question though, who is ma and pop and what back room deal did they shake hands on and with whom?????

link   
I'm thinking at this point? Anyone connected with the prosecution side of this case that is still a part of deal making and soft peddling a rape the offenders found so amusing and casual to commit has serious problems if they got to be there by elected office. Something tells me the community of voters on the local level won't be HALF as forgiving as the Prosecutor and others here seem so quick to be.

The plea bargaining and deal making in the criminal justice system is necessary at some levels or the whole thing would grind to a halt by sheer volume and load. However, perhaps the worst crimes ... like forcible rape ... could be brought to trial as the RULE and not the exception. I'm thinking it may be in this community in the future.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks
I have heard the victim reported to be 16 years old. I have also read that she was 15.

Is there any confirmation of her age at the time of the incident?

Tired of Control Freaks

I've read the two conflicting ages as well....perhaps there was a birthday that overlapped the assault and all of the information now coming to light.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I've seen 13 year olds charged as adults, and these low-life POS's are getting charged as juvies?

Isn't the fact that one of the defendants is the prosecutors son a conflict of interest, she should be taken off the case immediately. I mean that's like 1st week law stuff, I'd imagine.

If that was my daughter.., I'd find out where this kid lived, and most likely he'd be dead right now, at the minimum, he have his own junk cut off and stuffed down his stupid face.

Un- frigging-believable. This type of stuff makes me want to go full vigilante on this "rape crew".

I knew I shouldn't have watched that video. I'm so pissed right now.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius2150
reply to post by bloodreviara

Good lord that's just terrible. We need a civilian justice system where the people decided what happens to these monsters and everyone that protects them.

So in other words you want Sharia Law?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I agree....although I have to point out one thing that I do remember about watching that horrid video.

If I heard correctly, there was at least one, if not two boys that left the room where the video was being recorded to go check on the victim.

Thank God for that at least! I wonder if he/they were the ones that testified against the two that were charged.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Forcible rape. I've never understood this term. It seems redundant to me.
If rape happens, it had to have been forced either physically, verbally, or chemically. If force or coersion wasn't involved, I'm guessing it wouldn't be rape unless it fell into the category of statutory rape.
In this instance, we might be looking at forcible rape as well as statutory depending on those involved. It isn't that hard to imagine that an 18-21 year old may have participated in this rape in some way. After all, how did they get the alcohol? Someone must've been of age to get it or the parents aren't that conscious about what liquor is in their cabinet and how much is usually missing.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
I've seen 13 year olds charged as adults, and these low-life POS's are getting charged as juvies?

Isn't the fact that one of the defendants is the prosecutors son a conflict of interest, she should be taken off the case immediately. I mean that's like 1st week law stuff, I'd imagine.

If that was my daughter.., I'd find out where this kid lived, and most likely he'd be dead right now, at the minimum, he have his own junk cut off and stuffed down his stupid face.

Un- frigging-believable. This type of stuff makes me want to go full vigilante on this "rape crew".

I knew I shouldn't have watched that video. I'm so pissed right now.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

That video is what did it for me.....the vile display of apathy.

And YES!!!! Why is the prosecutor still allowed to be on the case?????

Are there any recent developments about that b/c I can't fathom how it will allow a fair trial by any stretch of the means.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Is the guy in the video the possible ex bf?

WTF is wrong with him, the whole video was him saying she's dead. Someone should have knocked him out at the start of the video, it was torture to listen to.
edit on 4-1-2013 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Well, fair enough.. let me define what I meant.

Forcible Rape = Victim gave NO consent at any time and did NOT want it to happen before, during or after....or any real combination of those.

Other Rape = Really ONLY falls into one area to my thinking that the above isn't SOME form of. Statutory. You may say "that isn't rape, it doesn't count" and I'd agree....which is the point. My neighbor is on a sex offender registry for the rest of his life because he had a girlfriend a little off the age of consent when he was just a hair OVER the age of majority. All was fine till Daddy found out...and he'll have that on his head for life. (I've seen his court papers as I've tried to help him on a couple things with it...it really was that cheesy)

So, lets dump the entire reference to "rape" which the 'victim' herself stands to say there was no victim here and then we can properly put the "forcible" nonsense to bed forever. I DO feel half silly using the term myself.....but the law is downright ignorant on that one area for how it's termed and charged, too.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Forcible rape. I've never understood this term. It seems redundant to me.
If rape happens, it had to have been forced either physically, verbally, or chemically. If force or coersion wasn't involved, I'm guessing it wouldn't be rape unless it fell into the category of statutory rape.
In this instance, we might be looking at forcible rape as well as statutory depending on those involved. It isn't that hard to imagine that an 18-21 year old may have participated in this rape in some way. After all, how did they get the alcohol? Someone must've been of age to get it or the parents aren't that conscious about what liquor is in their cabinet and how much is usually missing.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

From what I have read.......

They were initially at a volunteer coaches' home....that is where they got the alcohol!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I agree....although I have to point out one thing that I do remember about watching that horrid video.

If I heard correctly, there was at least one, if not two boys that left the room where the video was being recorded to go check on the victim.

Thank God for that at least! I wonder if he/they were the ones that testified against the two that were charged.

Who knows? Leaving the room could mean many things however....anything from true disgust, to "hey I better go check on her to make sure that she is still drugged outta her mind". If it was out of actual concern then at least that is something, it shows that at least one to two sets of parents at least raised thier kids to have some very miniscule sense of morality. One to two kids out of 15-20 hanging around is not very positive numbers though, and you could not really tell exactly how many were around when that video was shot but it seemed to be at least 15-20.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Was the laughing arsehole the ex-boyfriend? Good question.
He must've witnessed it according to all the details he reveals. I wouldn't doubt if he participated in it. He even states at one point that they urinated on her and she didn't do anything, which validated for him that she must be dead, which seemed to tickle his funny bone even further. I wish I knew if this guy had been charged with anything. I sure hope so.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Is the guy in the video the possible ex bf?

WTF is wrong with him, the whole video was him saying she's dead. Someone should have knocked him out at the start of the video, it was torture to listen to.
edit on 4-1-2013 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

Not from what I understand....he has already graduated but, obviously witnessed what happend and perhaps even participated.

I could not stand how he kept repeating "she's dead"!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join