It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers leak video of Steubenville, Ohio Rape case.

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Does this fall under "Ethical Hacking?"
Just asking...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I think everyone is being a bit hard on Xcathdra! I understand this is a very emotive subject and we all hope that justice is served but I do think Xcathdra has simply been frustrated trying to get what seems (to me) to be valid arguments across. What he says makes sense (I am no law expert) and he does appear to be able to back up a lot of what he has been saying with quotes (immunity has not been granted) and law. I'm not taking sides, I just think maybe we should listen to what he's saying and not attack him so much? Even if we don't like or agree with what he's saying, I don't think he's the enemy!

Having said that, I do hope common sense prevails in this disturbing case. What that animal said in the video should be punished. If there is any law that he can be charged with breaking, he should be, as should anyone else that was involved in 'allowing' this rape to happen or anyone who is found to have tried to protect the accused.

I also think this case has gotten so big that any 'cover up' will be exposed and those involved will feel the full weight of the law. The reason it's gotten so big is because of the coverage given by sites like this and blogs across the world and the outrage shown by us, the readers and users. So maybe when this is all over and (hopefully) justice is served, we can breathe a sigh of relief that 'People Power' still exists?

Here's hoping!!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Neville

What that animal said in the video should be punished. If there is any law that he can be charged with breaking, he should be, as should anyone else that was involved in 'allowing' this rape to happen or anyone who is found to have tried to protect the accused.

And there's the rub.
I appreciate your comment and happy to see you agree they need to be punished, but this is what has sparked the animosity I feel towards XCath. In the first place, it took him forever to finally watch the video, yet thought it right to comment on it until he finally took the time to watch it (so he says). Even after hearing the main subject in the video revealing lurid details about the rape while admitting that he thought the girl was dead, Xcath still didn't believe Nodianos or the other guys were doing anything wrong in the video. This is after I presented Xcath with Ohio law stating that it is a crime to not report a rape or other felony as well as not reporting that you know the whereabouts of a dead body. I've stated numerous times that the guys should be arrested for breaking Ohio laws and they should have their day in court, but Xcath just goes on about jurisdiction, who arrests and who prosecutes, and stating that I've called for vigilante justice to be brought down upon Nodianos and the other guys in the video. I've never said such a thing. I've stated several times that these guys should have their 30 seconds in court. I'm angry that Ohio police and prosecutors aren't taking Ohio laws seriously and charging these bastards. If they can prove they're innocent of failing to report a felony as well as a possible dead body, fine, but the victim deserves every possbile justice the law allows. It's frightening to think that this girl probably would've had to have been found dead for those in the video to actually be charged.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here's a recent article that appears to have been written strictly according to what Nastianos', er Nodianos', attorney believes.
theothermccain.com...
It appears that it's been determined that Nastianos was not there. He did not witness anything nor did he did participate in the rape.
Well, if they've decided all of this out of court, why do we even have hearings? We could save a lot of money in this country if we simply scrapped trials. As long as the person's defense attorney says they weren't there, that's good enough for me.

All joking aside, Nodianos' attorney states this:

The video was recorded in the basement of a home where, as Nadianos’s attorney explained, the girl had left about two hours before the video was recorded.

If the victim left the same house that the video was shot in, how is it that Nodianos was not (at least) a witness?
If the victim was at the house where the video was made, how can we believe that Nadianos learned of the rape from word of mouth?
Also, if the victim physically left the house where the video was made, why does Nodianos sound so convinced that she's dead? IF Nadianos wasn't there when she left, wouldn't someone on the video have stated that she's not dead because she just left with so-and-so to go home?

None of this is adding up.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This video was in the article I linked to in my previous post.

This guy Ziegler is the epitomy of everything I think is wrong with this world. He's even making a documentary about why he thinks there was no cover up in regards to Jerry Sandusky's crimes at Penn State (at the 0:41 seond mark). He calls it a "false narrative" and uses this as his platform for defending the Steubenville coaches, football players, and officials while demonizing Anon.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
For those who may be interested today's Dr. Phil was about the Steubenville case. I have mixed feelings for what his show was about, but at least for the most part it appeared as he was trying to remain neutral and impartial. I may try and see if there is any video of his show available later to possibly post.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I see that the defense attorneys are seeking to have any witness "agreements" clarified.

www.cleveland.com...

Madison also asked that prosecutors be made to "clarify" any agreements they made with three witnesses who testified at an evidentiary hearing in the case and are expected to be key eye witnesses at the trial. Madison says he believes the witnesses were offered immunity. Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says they were not. Letters provided to the lawyers of the three teens say their actions the night of the incident in August did not rise to the level of criminal conduct. DeWine's office recently said they did not have enough evidence to prosecute the three witnesses on specific charges but did not rule out other charges in the case.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Some things are just too horrific to even contemplate...ive done a psychology degree and never come across anything this shocking - they are just plain evil - nothing clinically or genetically wrong with them. This is the kind of people we have in society. Mother Nature needs to do us all a favour and get rid of these types of people..The saddest thing is that unfortunately for the poor girl in question the damage is done - even if they were in jail for a hundred years - that poor soul has got to live with what they have subjected her too - how her life will pan out now that in her subconscious mind that night will give her nightmares for years to come - hopefully she can get it resolved...if there was any justice in the world they would put them in front of the victims family and let them sort this out.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I see that the defense attorneys are seeking to have any witness "agreements" clarified.

www.cleveland.com...

Madison also asked that prosecutors be made to "clarify" any agreements they made with three witnesses who testified at an evidentiary hearing in the case and are expected to be key eye witnesses at the trial. Madison says he believes the witnesses were offered immunity. Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says they were not. Letters provided to the lawyers of the three teens say their actions the night of the incident in August did not rise to the level of criminal conduct. DeWine's office recently said they did not have enough evidence to prosecute the three witnesses on specific charges but did not rule out other charges in the case.

Tired of Control Freaks

Good to hear.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

The judge in this case is weighing the arguments for whether the trial should continue to be open to the public or be closed.

The OHIO attorney general's office wants it to be closed to "protect the victim" even though he admits she is "doing well"

Defense attorneys wants it to remain open to the public.

www.cbsnews.com...

Do you think the AG's office wants it closed to avoid talking about those "witness deals"? The ones that are not "immunity"

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The latest info released; www.bbc.co.uk...

Seems the Judge (Judge Thomas Lipps) has moved the trial court date to March 13th 2013.

The case will remain at the same court house jurisdiction within the Stuebenville community.

Judge lipps also ruled that the sensitive court case will now be "open to the public".

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's my firm belief that this one case with the rape, annonymous' handling, and the eventual outcome screams to us about the importance of have ethical hackers. Those who do wrong to prove good. Like murdering a proven child molester if he's acquitted. You're committing an act that is against the law, but to the good of the world. Hacking should never be considered "ethical," but in some cases, needed.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
With a name like the "Rape Crew", you can bet this is not the only girl they have done this to. By the bold way they portrayed their crime and the nonchalant way they tweeted about it, one can be sure they felt "protected" in some fashion. There are probably many more victims out there. A check of the school records will undoubtedly show that several female students have left the school rather than prosecute in the face of such obvious corruption.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
With a name like the "Rape Crew", you can bet this is not the only girl they have done this to. By the bold way they portrayed their crime and the nonchalant way they tweeted about it, one can be sure they felt "protected" in some fashion. There are probably many more victims out there. A check of the school records will undoubtedly show that several female students have left the school rather than prosecute in the face of such obvious corruption.

You would be correct on that bet too!

After all of this came to light, a girl came forward and said that something similiar happened to her in April after attending prom.

If i'm not mistaken, it involved some of the same members of the "rape crew" that are intertwined in this case.

On top of that....the poor girl was only 14 yo.

I believe there is an open investigation into the matter but, nothing has been reported since most attention is being placed on this current trial.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I had to do a little digging to find the information but here it is:
www.cleveland.com...

The information in regards to the 14 yo is towards the end of the article...it doesn't specifically say that it was members of the "rape crew" but, it does say that it involved stuebenville high school athletes.

Also, check out the comments section at the bottom.

This town is just disgusting!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Check out this link for continuing local coverage of the trial. The WTOV9 news team cuts in about every hour to give updates. This court trial started Wednesday and is still in progress. It was well past 10:00 pm last night when they adjourned for the day.

WTOV9 NEWS ON RAPE TRIAL

This does not quite seem to be an open and shut case as of yet. The prosecuting attorney is trying to link events that the victim is unable to remember due to level of intoxication. They have discussed the possibility of the victim being drugged and there is no definitive information on that yet. There have been numerous experts speak about whether or not she 'blacked out' vs 'passed out' which is different. They have allowed numerous text messages between the victim, friends, and defendants to be entered as evidence. Doesn't seem conclusive yet. Case still ongoing probably into tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainEnigma
Check out this link for continuing local coverage of the trial. The WTOV9 news team cuts in about every hour to give updates. This court trial started Wednesday and is still in progress. It was well past 10:00 pm last night when they adjourned for the day.

WTOV9 NEWS ON RAPE TRIAL

This does not quite seem to be an open and shut case as of yet. The prosecuting attorney is trying to link events that the victim is unable to remember due to level of intoxication. They have discussed the possibility of the victim being drugged and there is no definitive information on that yet. There have been numerous experts speak about whether or not she 'blacked out' vs 'passed out' which is different. They have allowed numerous text messages between the victim, friends, and defendants to be entered as evidence. Doesn't seem conclusive yet. Case still ongoing probably into tomorrow.

I've been following the story pretty closely as well....The victim is apparently testifying at the moment.

My thoughts are with her.
edit on 16-3-2013 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

You're observations are DEAD on! I also picked up on those mannerisms, as well as his dissociative abilities. I think that's what most people find so sickening. How could a young man dissociate so easily from humanity? Rape happens all too often, but this video portrays an individual sexually delighted by several high profile crimes, all involving death.

I also found it strange (and someone else noticed this too), the one filming this video seems to almost instigate his behavior. He's sure to never get anyone else on camera. The camera boy even gets him to repeat his vulgar statements a few times or he mocks it himself, insuring the video's value (for whatever reason?). You can hear other people in the background and even hear names at times, but this kid only focuses the camera at that one guy the whole time. Why is that, I wonder? Who else noticed these things? Do they matter?

You betcha they do! I wonder if someone got paid for any of those videos and pictures made during the course of that night? It's been proven there's an illegal gambling ring. Well I wonder what other kind of illegal rings they're running in that town? Maybe their town officials had a good reason to fear this rape and other rape stories leaking out of their small town arena. What if this news exposed an even bigger scandal going on? And I'm not talking about an illegal gambling ring, either?

I hope Anonymous rips them a new one! I hope everyone involved in perpetrating and covering up this atrocity is forced to live out their lives in the same shame and fear that this girl will forever feel. I would say something about karma, but I just can't find it in my heart. I hope someone blows theirs f'ing heads off because I have two little girls and I can't think of something violating them in that way. May they rot in hell.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is just, im lost for words. There is not a chance in hell I can watch that video, and this thread is going to fast to keep up. I need to let something out before i die a little inside.

can anyone post a little recap for me ?

But from what I have read, i just cant understand how people let that happen. I have seen guys, knocking out their friends, best friends even if they step over a certain line regarding the ladies. And for this to happen with a bunch of people around, and no one stepping up and doing something is beoynd me..I would have ravell´d being able to save someone from being raped, getting to be a hero, especially if im drunk.. And no one did anything .. FFS.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I came across this beautiful video someone made in regards to this case....I'm still wiping away the tears as I type this.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join