It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers leak video of Steubenville, Ohio Rape case.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

If enough people bombarded them with complaints as occurs when a bare nipple is shown before the watershed, and those complainants also threatened to get their news elsewhere, they'd soon adapt their journalistic style to the expectations of a more intelligent and demanding audience/consumer.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Do they know for a fact she was drugged? I remember parties back in High School where every one practically drank to a state of blacking out and girls had little to no tolerance which means they probably looked like they were drugged, but they just drank too much...

I think at this point it hasn't been proven for a fact. It has been discussed that the ex boyfriend may have set her up because she broke up with him but, again, I don't know that for a fact either.

Has anyone linked a copy of the police report yet? I am curious what factual information we can garner from that.

Has anyone read the police report yet?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I am sorry for your loss of innocence.

Yes I do understand the judicial system and the message being conveyed by XCHANDRA.

I am a male and for two years as a pre teen child, I was sexually assualted by my fathers second wifes brother;
as was my brother assaulted by the same person.

I am now 50 and my brother is 51. He is currently serving a life sentence in a Florida prison for taking the life of a
homosexual. He has been there since he was 18. Yes, for 33 years of his life he has been institutionalized.

The difference between him and I is that I knew whithout a shadow of a doubt that I had no control over the situation..he unfortunately succumbed to the wrong doing.

I wish and pray that SOMEONE will take this girl aside and let her know that in NO WAY was any of this her fault and that she DESERVES to hold her head up high regardless of what the law hides behind!!!

As for my assaulter - many years later as an adult, I did seek him out and gave him an ultimatum of dealing with me or him calling the police and turning himself in.
He did the smart thing and called the police.
He now has a crimminal record as a child molester.

That being said - I am in no way looking for pity from my peers, but I AM looking for justice for all those whom have been wronged - not only by their assaulters - but also by the judicial system whom try to justify this disgusting crime by lessening charges or plea bargaining.

Again - please do not send me condolences of pity as that is a part of my life long over with.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by nixie_nox

I appreciate your views and sorry to hear that you're a victim of rape as well.
Seeing as I've watched the video, I can't overlook the fact that sensitive information was revealed that only those there who witnessed and/or involved could know. I can't see it any other way. If I were the judge or jury, this adult male confirmed on tape what he knew and how it occured. The only thing I could think of that would make him immune to charges of participating in the crime indirectly or directly is that he most likely didn't know he was being video taped. I don't know the laws in Ohio regarding video and audio recording. If someone confesses and doesn't know they're being taped, can this prevent them from being charged and the evidence thrown out? I hope not.

This flies right out the window though, he know's he's being taped....I even think at one point in the tape he asks if he is still being taped.

Yep, not only that, the kid recording makes the comment that he's going to watch the video everday b/c it's so funny. At least if memory serves, he may have even said it twice.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

Yep, not only that, the kid recording makes the comment that he's going to watch the video everday b/c it's so funny. At least if memory serves, he may have even said it twice.

THAT I do recall hearing.
Thanks for bringing that up and jogging my memory.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClementWinters

According to Ohio state Twitter feed, one of the people implicated in the rape is no longer a student at the University: Ohio State Twitter. I find it hard to imagine that there would not be a more official response than on Twitter.

edit on 7-1-2013 by ClementWinters because: removed space

According to a “Spokesman“ for this person, the scholarship is still good. He is merely “taking a break“ this academic quarter or semester.

This is just my personal opinion but, I think he is just too big of a coward to face the consequences of his actions.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but rapists don't deserve 2nd chances in life. They're the lowest denomination of human we have, just total scum of this Earth.... I hope the book is tossed their way.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

THAT I do recall hearing.
Thanks for bringing that up and jogging my memory.

It only stood out to me because I kept wondering if this guy knew he was being recorded and if so, WHY record it?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is an interesting turn in the investigation.

US Justice Department is now getting involved.

This issue keeps gaining more and more spotlight.

radionewz.net...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
According to this, there should've been more arrests considering the evidence provided in the video.
psychology.ohio.gov...

OHIO REVISED CODE
TITLE XXIX CRIMES - PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 2921 OFFENSES AGAINST JUSTICE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
§ 2921.22.
Failure to report a crime or knowledge of a death or burn injury.
(A) No person, knowing that a felony has been or is being committed, shall knowingly fail to report such information to law enforcement authorities.

(C) No person who discovers the body or acquires the first knowledge of the death of a person shall fail to report the death immediately to a physician whom the person knows to be treating the deceased for a condition from which death at such time would not be unexpected, or to a law enforcement officer, an ambulance service, an emergency squad, or the coroner in a political subdivision in which the body is discovered, the death is believed to have occurred, or knowledge concerning the death is obtained.

(I) Whoever violates division (A) or (B) of this section is guilty of failure to report a crime. Violation of division (A) of this section is a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. Violation of division (B) of this section is a misdemeanor of the second degree.

(J) Whoever violates division (C) or (D) of this section is guilty of failure to report knowledge of a death, a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.

(K) (1) Whoever negligently violates division (E) of this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.

(2) Whoever knowingly violates division (E) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree.

Again, why aren't the guys in the video being charged?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

That is definitely a good question. The individual recording, and the repugnant braggart being recorded, at the very least knew what was happening, or happened, and did not report it. At one point the one being recorded said that he received a picture - possibly the one that yet another of them called “Sloppy.“

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
From Wiki on Steubenville. It is from the 90's so it could have changed but given what is being said it doesn't sound like a big change,

Political corruption

Steubenville has had a reputation for political corruption. The U.S. Department of Justice alleged that the city and police force had subjected numerous individuals to "excessive force, false arrests, charges, and reports" and had engaged in practices regarding "improper stops, searches, and seizures."

The report from the Department also stated that excessive force was levied against individuals who witnessed incidents of police misconduct, and against those who were known critics of the city and its police force. Those individuals were also falsely detained if the city and the police agreed that they were "likely to complain of abuse." It also stated that the officers involved also falsified reports and tampered with official police recorders so that "misconduct would not be recorded."[11][12]

Over a period of 20 years the city lost, or settled out of court, 48 civil rights lawsuits involving its police force. The city paid out more than $800,000, $400,000 of which was between 1990 and 1996.

As a result, the city's police force became the second city in the United States to sign a consent decree with the federal government due to an excessive number of civil rights lawsuits. The decree was signed on September 4, 1997 under the "pattern or practice" provision. Under this agreement, the city agreed to improve the training of its police officers, implement new guidelines and procedures, establish an internal affairs unit, and establish an "early warning system."

[11] "Federal Civil Actions." Shielded from Justice. 8 November 2006 [1].
[12] United States of America v. City of Steubenville, Steubenville Police Department, Steubenville City Manager, in his capacity as director of Public Safety, and Steubenville Civil Service Commission, Civil No. C2 97-966, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, Eastern Division, August 28, 1997.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 1/7/2013 by roadgravel because: Link

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

That is definitely a good question. The individual recording, and the repugnant braggart being recorded, at the very least knew what was happening, or happened, and did not report it. At one point the one being recorded said that he received a picture - possibly the one that yet another of them called “Sloppy.“

I've never heard of police that just did not want to bother with filing paperwork before.
My guess is that they mistakenly felt the charges were not worth filing reports on considering that they are misdemeanor charges. Not taking into account that additional charges would actually help prosecute the other charges. That and now that we know there is a whole lot of suspicion regarding corruption it is not an extreme leap of logic to assume that people well connected did not want any more arrests.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

The whole thing's a trainwreck. Every time you look a bit deeper, the whole scenario just gets darker and darker. What a twisted web they weave.

The officials are pathetic. If they can't follow the book and carry out the law as it's intended, they're not worthy of holding their position of power and authority. No longer should they be putting food on their tables with tax payers' dollars.

They should all be ashamed of themselves. If it's true that they covered up that other girl's rape from a while back, these same charges should be applied to them, too.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The whole thing's a trainwreck. Every time you look a bit deeper, the whole scenario just gets darker and darker. What a twisted web they weave.

The officials are pathetic. If they can't follow the book and carry out the law as it's intended, they're not worthy of holding their position of power and authority. No longer should they be putting food on their tables with tax payers' dollars.

They should all be ashamed of themselves. If it's true that they covered up that other girl's rape from a while back, these same charges should be applied to them, too.

Train wreck is putting it in a politically correct way
That being said, this small town is definately not unique. if one looked deeper I am sure small town corruption is more common than anyone wants to admit. I think it is important to remember that in a town of 20,000 it is by far not the whole town. Most likely not too many at all, the problem is that a high percentage of the bad eggs are in positions of authority.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
According to "The Daily Beast", it has just been reported that the main speaker in the video
has just 'dropped out of school' due to people showing up at OSU in search of him and threats
being made at the school towards him and threats in his hometown.

The wheels of justice may let this one away but the justice of his peers seem to have a different idea.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
When good men do nothing, evil prevails. Law and order is superior to vigilantism.
But when law enforcement is corrupted and even tries to excuse this despicable crime and blame the victim, perhaps vigilantism is the only thing the public can do to protect itself from evil.

With law enforcement becoming more of a domestic military force to protect corporate and business intrests and seemingly disinterested in "to protect and serve" ....what recourse do the American taxpayers have?

[
edit on 7-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I think that those well-connected people were hoping that all of this would have blown over. In the end, what does the rest of the world really mean to this town? Everyone who matters knows everyone else, so in turn they defend each other. How can a young girl stand up to such a force? She can easily be convinced that it was her fault, and have her case hidden among who knows how many others. I am going to read Alexandria Goddard's blog on the matter; it the one page that I have not visited and seems to be the main source of this investigation.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumAnnunaki
According to "The Daily Beast", it has just been reported that the main speaker in the video
has just 'dropped out of school' due to people showing up at OSU in search of him and threats
being made at the school towards him and threats in his hometown.

The wheels of justice may let this one away but the justice of his peers seem to have a different idea.

Well if true, karma's a b***h
It sounds awful, but I have no sympathy for him being threatened, just like he had no respect for her. I may sound like a bad person but I hope it is true, at least that would be some extremely minor measure of justice. He's messed in the head if he thought that he would receive no negative feedback from what he did after it became public knowledge.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I think that those well-connected people were hoping that all of this would have blown over. In the end, what does the rest of the world really mean to this town? Everyone who matters knows everyone else, so in turn they defend each other. How can a young girl stand up to such a force? She can easily be convinced that it was her fault, and have her case hidden among who knows how many others. I am going to read Alexandria Goddard's blog on the matter; it the one page that I have not visited and seems to be the main source of this investigation.

That's very true, it makes me sick to think that she will most probably be scarred for a very long time. Will most likely not be able to have a stable relationship or even trust a man ever again. I hope all involved pay the piper for what they've done.
I'm surprised that all blogs would still be up, I would figure that they would all be shut down?

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join