It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers leak video of Steubenville, Ohio Rape case.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

One of the article I linked to many pages back stated that the two boys had indeed been charged with kidnapping. Not sure what's true at this point.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
The saddest part is this happens all over the country and mostly goes
either unnoticed or people know there is nothing they can do, in my town
a police officer killed a young man, the officer was speeding through our
town, at over 100 mph, the speed limit is 35, he did not have his lights or
siren going, the kid driving his car pulled out from a stop sign and i suppose
didn't see or thought he could make it but the officer obviously could not
stop and t-boned him, so far as i know he is still an officer and no charges
were ever filed, and to boot they tried to blame the kid saying he was
intoxicated, the only saving grace was outside lab work proved he was not
but there again, nothing was ever done.

Also a local judge here has been arrested about 4 times for coc aine possession
and 3 times for a DUI in a state owned vehicle, he served as a judge for many
years after those charges and now runs a law firm in town, gotta love
good ole boy justice. that's what its called by the way, the good ole boy system,
because "Oh him, i know him, hes a good ole boy, he would never do that
lets just look the other way". It really reminds me of religion and
the cover ups of child abuse that go on to this very day. "Oh him? hes
a good man of god, he would never do that....."
edit on 4-1-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

Sounds like Union County, Kentucky. Judge and lawyers got caught doing coke while partying in Louisville and just skated on all counts. On topic, I hope these boys rot in jail for a long, long time. When wealthy families are involved, things have a tendency to fade away. I can't imagine being this father. I don't think I would have the self control to wait for a trial.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Respectfully you did not answer the question..

Based on your comment, that if a person fails to report a rape they should be held accountible, do you think the rape victim should be charged for not reporting the rape? Should a friend be charged for not reporting a rape when the victim says they dont want law enforcement involvement?

As I stated, and I think you are understanding, is laws are not black and white for a reason. They cant be.

Ohio revised Statutes - Chapter 2907: SEX OFFENSES

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Please read my comment again. I stated at the end of the paragraph that I do not believe the victim should be arrested for not reporting the crime. I specifically restated your question followed by "Of course not."

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I actually read ALL your posts pertaining to this subject and I understand your judicial system alot better than you give me credit for.

I would not have commented, but your lack of understanding towards the victim and the incriminating evidence by trying to shove law down your fellow peers throats says much about your status.
Where is your compassion for your fellow man..?
I think you would change your oppinion had you viewed and understood the video.

You keep telling us LAW...law...law but evade when questioned whether you viewed the video evidence.
Law 101 - view the evidence (all evidence) before making formal statements.

Please point to me where you ACTUALLY viewed the video..?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yes, I know the law isn't black and white. Please go back a few pages where I discussed Ohio's juvenile and adult blended sentencing and the case that proves how broken it really is.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

Look, as a woman who has been sexually assaulted, my heart is broken for this girl.

But whether you like it or not, XCath is absolutely right about the law.

Yes, the video may seem very obvious and surefire evidence, but until it is completely vetted, you don't know for sure.

No matter how horrible and tragic, the law is innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I appreciate your views and sorry to hear that you're a victim of rape as well.
Seeing as I've watched the video, I can't overlook the fact that sensitive information was revealed that only those there who witnessed and/or involved could know. I can't see it any other way. If I were the judge or jury, this adult male confirmed on tape what he knew and how it occured. The only thing I could think of that would make him immune to charges of participating in the crime indirectly or directly is that he most likely didn't know he was being video taped. I don't know the laws in Ohio regarding video and audio recording. If someone confesses and doesn't know they're being taped, can this prevent them from being charged and the evidence thrown out? I hope not.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by nixie_nox

I appreciate your views and sorry to hear that you're a victim of rape as well.
Seeing as I've watched the video, I can't overlook the fact that sensitive information was revealed that only those there who witnessed and/or involved could know. I can't see it any other way. If I were the judge or jury, this adult male confirmed on tape what he knew and how it occured. The only thing I could think of that would make him immune to charges of participating in the crime indirectly or directly is that he most likely didn't know he was being video taped. I don't know the laws in Ohio regarding video and audio recording. If someone confesses and doesn't know they're being taped, can this prevent them from being charged and the evidence thrown out? I hope not.

This flies right out the window though, he know's he's being taped....I even think at one point in the tape he asks if he is still being taped.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Whether these people are found guilty or not, I don't see a problem with letting people know the story and the attitudes they have toward rape. it might just prevent another person from becoming a victim.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I see. I didn't hear him ask if he's still being taped. It honestly appeared to me that he was being taped without his knowledge. I suppose the way the phone was being held sideways made me think the person taping it didn't want him to know what he was doing.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

Look, as a woman who has been sexually assaulted, my heart is broken for this girl.

But whether you like it or not, XCath is absolutely right about the law.

Yes, the video may seem very obvious and surefire evidence, but until it is completely vetted, you don't know for sure.

No matter how horrible and tragic, the law is innocent until proven guilty.

I appreciate your point of view and also am sorry for your own experiences.
We may not be part of the jury, or the judge. I have a feeling though that alot of people having witnessed the video and looking at it would love to be judge or jury. Anyone witnessing the video and stating that they believe in the accused's innocence is either being oblivious or delusional in my opinion. We do not have the right to perform mob justice, in that you are correct. We do have the right to our opinions though and in mine there is no doubt in my mind that quite a few of them either participated, knew of the crime while it was happening, knew of it after the fact, and/or tried eliminating/covering up evidence after the fact. All we have to show for this is two minors being charged as juveniles who will be punished for less than two years and then be given a clean slate. That is a gross miscarriage of justice in my opinion.

edit on 7-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: dang run on sentences *sigh*

edit on 7-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: must proofread better *sigh*

edit on 7-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: deleted a space

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I see. I didn't hear him ask if he's still being taped. It honestly appeared to me that he was being taped without his knowledge. I suppose the way the phone was being held sideways made me think the person taping it didn't want him to know what he was doing.

I'm pretty sure he knew he was being taped. As far as the camera being held sideways of that I can only speculate. It is my understanding that most cell phones have a light on the front of the camera that is quite visible letting people know they are being taped.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClementWinters
According to Ohio state Twitter feed, one of the people implicated in the rape is no longer a student at the University: Ohio State Twitter. I find it hard to imagine that there would not be a more official response than on Twitter.

edit on 7-1-2013 by ClementWinters because: removed space

According to a “Spokesman“ for this person, the scholarship is still good. He is merely “taking a break“ this academic quarter or semester.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

According to Ohio state Twitter feed, one of the people implicated in the rape is no longer a student at the University: Ohio State Twitter. I find it hard to imagine that there would not be a more official response than on Twitter.

edit on 7-1-2013 by ClementWinters because: removed space

According to a “Spokesman“ for this person, the scholarship is still good. He is merely “taking a break“ this academic quarter or semester.

Oh how convenient
i.e. "You will be welcome back as soon as this whole thing blows over." Way to ignore your alumni Ohio State
Yet another example of punishment not being doled out, and that is just based on his recording not on criminal activity.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Doing a little more research into the laws and how they work in Ohio, I think it should be comforting for everyone to know that the State of Ohio has got your back if you try to stop a crime and help the victim.
www.ashtabulacountysheriff.org...

Ohio Victims of crime program

The Ohio Vitims of Crime Program provides a way for victims to recover their economic losses resulting from injuries suffered during a violent crime. The goal of the program is to make sure that every innocent victim of crime receives all the compensation allowed under the law. The following information is needed, please call the Ohio Attorney General's Office at the following numbers:

WHEN TO ACT
The crime MUST be reported to police within 72 hours, and your claim MUST be filled within 2 years after the crime happened.

WHO SHOULD APPLY
A Victim who:
(1) Suffers a direct personal injury resulting from a crime or who is injured while trying to stop a crime or apprehend a criminal in Ohio, and
(2) Is a resident of the Unisted States or of a country which has a reciprocal victims program.
--or who--

So, now everyone in Ohio and elsewhere can see that the State of Ohio wants you to stop crimes when you see them happening and report them to the proper authorities in a timely manner. If you do, they'll do what they can to help you because you did the right thing.
edit on Mon Jan 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Re this quote by Xcathdra

i agree, which means people who are outraged over this should get involved with government to push for those changes. One could argue that by complaining about a flawed process and doing nothing to effect change makes the person doing nothing just as flawed as the law.

Discussion of incidents like this on the internets is the past's equivalent of discussing the world around the campfire, the market place, and other such meeting places for human minds to interact. The massive difference is, these discussions can be read around the globe and, if gathering enough attention, eventually reported in the world beyond the internets. It's just something that the justice system needs to have incorporated into its working process, even if it has to be dragged kicking and screaming towards that end.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by Aquarius2150

Why do they keep saying the girl passed out from being drunk?
does anyone else find that odd?why are they(msm) not mentioning
that she was drugged?
My understanding is that she was drugged,passed out(roofied)before she had time to drink?
Am I missing something?

Also why are they not being charged with kidnapping?and illegal drug
anyone have a clue?

This is only an assumption but, two days passed before the incident was reported. Perhaps any drugs in her system had already run their course making it difficult to prove.

I'm not at all familiar with this drug and how long it remains in the system.

As far as the kidnapping charges, I don't think anyone quite knows why they were dropped after initially being charged.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Do they know for a fact she was drugged? I remember parties back in High School where every one practically drank to a state of blacking out and girls had little to no tolerance which means they probably looked like they were drugged, but they just drank too much...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Because it is main stream media, they don't have to tell you the details if they don't want to. Simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join