It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers leak video of Steubenville, Ohio Rape case.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Let me clarify my post as sometimes written words dont read the same as intended. I meant I must of missed them talking about it....certainly not that the other rape 'could of happened'. I wasnt inferring that at all!

ETA: I hope they hang these little jerks and thank Anon for shining some light on it! These girls need vindicated. They deserve to see these boys punished to the fullest extent of the law. It will never diminish their pain and memories of their rape but at least they wont feel it's been swept under the carpet a day longer and maybe will get a bit of relief if their attackers are behind bars....for a long time.
edit on 6-1-2013 by JustLu because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2013 by JustLu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by AdamOver
When a crime is seen being committed with video/audio and picture evidence. So what if the public saw them first.
That does not change their contents nor intent.

Actually it does, whether you like it or not.

What you and others ignore is that little protection we call innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not public opinion. The female in this case is a victim, no arguments there.. The kids involved are suspects, and again no issues there either.

By releasing this type of info it not only can prejudice the jury pool, it opens the door for a mistrial / acquittal.

Its bad enough what this girl went through.. Do you want to be the one who has to explain to her that they cant stand trial because of a technicality?

Once the first person is officaly seated on a jury / offical depositions occur, double jeopardy attaches. That means the PA cannot refile the same charges against them unless they obtain new evidence that is not connected to the video.

I understand fully that this evidence under how the system currently works is likely to be thrown out and that is what is the problem in my thinking. There is no doubt in my mind that quite a few of them are guilty of at least some crimes being commited and if this evidence gets tossed out I think we need to take a long look at how the laws work (or apparently don't work) in this country currently.

I am sick of a system that rewards bad behavior and seems to be all for the accused. The way the system currently (doesn't) work in my opinion is the reason that alot of crimes get swept under the rug. If evidence does come to light that proves that the accused are guilty it will be okay because even if we tried sweeping it under the rug and failed it will just be "thrown out and ignored" anyhow? What a world we live in......maybe vigilante justice is exactly what needs to happen....our courts don't seem to be doing thier job in the pursuit of justice for all

edit on 6-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: rephased

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The idea that KnightSec was in the wrong for bringing this viideo to the attention of the rest of the USA and the wider world beyond, is a joke.

Even if he was from the town, knew all those involved, and just wanted to spite Nodumbassme(the guy admitting everything in the vid, in case you wondered).for personal reasons, if that act of malice was enough to negate such clear cut evidence, the law would be failing in its duty re this case.

If courts cannot accomodate social media into their justice system and accept there is a vast difference between maliciously faking videos, twitter/fb pages, etc, and bringing something to the public's attention that needed to be addressed, again, they are unfit for purpose and need to get their act in order.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So how does a video that the police obtained following the law, which seems to be the case, get thrown out on a technical. Just because someone else found a copy and made it public, why does the original become unusable?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I came across something, sorry if it was already mentioned.

The one guy who was most distgusting about his tweets, [SNIP], apparently was a former boyfriend of the victim. She broke up with him, and he set this up as revenge.

And you know how the neanderthal football buddies are...

I haven't confirmed anything yet.
edit on 1/6/2013 by kosmicjack because: removed name of an individual not yet charged...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

The one guy who was most distgusting about his tweets,[SNIP], apparently was a former boyfriend of the victim. She broke up with him, and he set this up as revenge.

I think I remember reading something to this effect earlier in the thread. So maybe there's something to it.
edit on 1/6/2013 by kosmicjack because: removed name of an individual not yet charged...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Read the information at localleaks. That was the source of it.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

Thank you for the post. All that is done in the dark will come to the light and NO ONE will escape their due punishment. That is my confession for all those involved with this rape, including those who transpire/ed to hide it.

Respectfully,
yesterdaysreality

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

The one guy who was most distgusting about his tweets, Cody, apparently was a former boyfriend of the victim. She broke up with him, and he set this up as revenge.

That is my understanding....The victim broke up with [SNIP] and there were even screen caps saved from his twitter or facebook stating something to the effect of "nobody breaks up with me"

The alleged attack took place a month or so later.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Sad Story

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Not sure if it has been linked or not.

This article has a great deal of information.

www.dailykos.com...

There are few things in life that I feel deserves some very vile and horrid punishment. However, everyone involved in this case that is either protecting or was involved in the rape have nailed that thought. Actually the same goes for anyone involved in rape. They are criminals and beasts, they should have their names and faces spread across the globe. I hope justice comes to each and everyone of them.

This article has the [SNIP] posts and the Anon posts.

radionewz.net...

I think I should leave this thread alone. The idea of them really pisses me off.

Raist

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
Not sure if it has been linked or not.

This article has a great deal of information.

www.dailykos.com...

There are few things in life that I feel deserves some very vile and horrid punishment. However, everyone involved in this case that is either protecting or was involved in the rape have nailed that thought. Actually the same goes for anyone involved in rape. They are criminals and beasts, they should have their names and faces spread across the globe. I hope justice comes to each and everyone of them.

This article has the [SNIP] posts and the Anon posts.

radionewz.net...

I think I should leave this thread alone. The idea of them really pisses me off.

Raist

I'm glad you reposted that second link....there is a lot of information there. I linked it 5 or 6 pages back so, it's probably been forever buried at this point.

I get the impression that there are many local residents that are posting there....I could be wrong though.

I completely understand what you mean about leaving the thread alone.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Thanks for posting that Daily Kos article. It was very factual and informative.
Some of the comments following the article were disturbing though. Especially the one titled "I Went To College In The Late 80s". I won't quote it all, but when he talks about the frat he belonged to, he states this:

But this would never be done. I am not talking the rape (hope that is a given). Just the belittling of a women.

So, according to this guy, rape is OK, but not the other things that were done to her. What's even more disturbing is that this is the highest rated comment.

I've been speaking out against fraternities of all kinds (college and adult) for some time now and I believe it's time they were ALL dismantled. Just look at the hive mentality, immaturity, and gang bang attitude that they have. They're even proud to admit it. Frats serve no purpose. All they do is promote binge drinking and sexual humiliation (at the very least). One way to put a dent in this sick mindset is by making it more difficult for them to find each other and form an alliance where they are sure to protect each other.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Raist

Thanks for posting that Daily Kos article. It was very factual and informative.
Some of the comments following the article were disturbing though. Especially the one titled "I Went To College In The Late 80s". I won't quote it all, but when he talks about the frat he belonged to, he states this:

But this would never be done. I am not talking the rape (hope that is a given). Just the belittling of a women.

So, according to this guy, rape is OK, but not the other things that were done to her. What's even more disturbing is that this is the highest rated comment.

I've been speaking out against fraternities of all kinds (college and adult) for some time now and I believe it's time they were ALL dismantled. Just look at the hive mentality, immaturity, and gang bang attitude that they have. They're even proud to admit it. Frats serve no purpose. All they do is promote binge drinking and sexual humiliation (at the very least). One way to put a dent in this sick mindset is by making it more difficult for them to find each other and form an alliance where they are sure to protect each other.

I am not 100% sure, but I think what he is saying you might be misinterpreting.....I think he means that setting the rape aside as that is a given that it should not have happened........that EVEN the belittling of women should not happen

edit on 6-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
We will likely never know the answer to this question but....

I wonder how much of the pictures, videos and online posts were deleted before the authorities confiscated the devices.

The alleged assault happened on Aug. 11 and occured throughout the early hours of Aug. 12th.

The victim and her parents did not report the assault until Aug. 14th.

Obviously any DNA traces are long gone at that point but, what else disappeared before the victim came forward???

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil..
but by those that watch them without doing anything!".
Albert Eistein

Thank you to Miss Goddard and ANON.

Apparently [SNIP] was so bent on destroying this girl's life that he
sent her father the circulating picture!?!

If this is true - this person is absent of a soul !

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Anonymous seems to have convinced him to make his twitter account public. He is getting hammered.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

Knight Sec is a hero! Anonymous can be bullies at times, but this time they did good!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumAnnunaki
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil..
but by those that watch them without doing anything!".
Albert Eistein

Thank you to Miss Goddard and ANON.

Apparently [SNIP] was so bent on destroying this girl's life that he
sent her father the circulating picture!?!

If this is true - this person is absent of a soul !

What???!!!

Where did you read about this?

I read that it was the victims brother that told the parents what happened?
edit on 6-1-2013 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Anonymous seems to have convinced him to make his twitter account public. He is getting hammered.

Has he made it public yet?

Where did you come across this?

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join