It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers leak video of Steubenville, Ohio Rape case.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I just have a comment, I want to say I'm proud of people who are the group Anonymous and the cell called “Knight Sec” for taking this on for that rape victim. I have an idea, maybe its been done or thought of before, if it has, please excuse me. But I think a great way to get this more attention could be through talk radio. Maybe find a way to get this on "Coast to Coast am" or a similar program? An interview with Anonymous would probably be one of the most popular shows of all time. Hopefully not at the expense of the hackers who are out there working hard to help people like this. Keep up the good work Anonymous!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks

Let Trenton Mays and Mal'ik Richmond and even Micheal Nodiano walk away from any legal consequences. It doesn't matter. They will never walk away from the social consequences. They are actually small fish in this matter. The big fish are the adults who allowed all of this to go on.

I am sorry, what?

Death to the wicked, period.

This country is dying because no one is held personally responsible anymore.
edit on 6-1-2013 by zroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

They will never walk away from the social consequences.

Given the history, It seems there are not a lot of consequences in that town. I would not be surprised if it helps their position with the goons running the place.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
To add insult to injury...

Imagine the lifetime of ramifications from all this.
This story is going national. Heck, it's going GLOBAL.
It's practically at the table of households everywhere.

The names of all involved and those who helped them hide won't soon be forgotten.
The city will be held to blame, and the school will have a bad reputation.
The young men will never forget this in their own minds.
They know if they are guilty or not.
It will bury them inside.

So, I'd say justice or not, legal battles or none...money paying off people...

The damage is done.
All of those involved will get their fair share of shame.

All thanks to a little leak and a lot of media coverage.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I think the main problem in society is that nobody has any respect for themselves or each other. There are also too many people who have no respect for life in general. We are a society of hedonists. Athough they may not care about themselves, they are only interested in catering to their selfish egos. Just look at the way Nodianos was laughing about going to jail. Even if the idea of being incarcerated made him the least bit nervous, his ego countered this anxiety and caused him to laugh it off as though he was above being charged and imprisoned. People with inflated egos have absolutely no common sense and aren't capable of accepting any personal responsibility for their actions. This is the mind of a sociopath and/or psychopath. Maybe their parent(s) were always making excuses for them and defending their actions, so they now have a false sense of security. Who knows, but there's certainly a sickness among the youth and young adults today.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Doing some research into the laws of Ohio, I found this to be interesting:
www.defendingyourcase.com...

Serious Youthful Offender (SYO) and Juvenile Blended Sentencing

If a juvenile is qualified as a "serious youthful offender" or SYO, he may be tried in juvenile court and sentenced both as a juvenile and as an adult. In this case the adult sentence is suspended pending successful completion of the juvenile sentence. At any time while the juvenile is still in institutional custody, on escape status, or subject to parole, aftercare, or community control, the juvenile court may conduct a hearing to invoke the suspended adult portion of an SYO sentence. But the court may only invoke the adult sentence if clear and convincing evidence exists that the juvenile, after reaching the age of 14:
1.Committed a violation of institutional rules or conditions of supervision that rises to the level of a felony or violent first-degree misdemeanor, or
2.Engaged in conduct that "creates a substantial risk to the safety or security" of the community, the victim, or (in the case of juveniles who are still in custody) the institution, and
3.The violation or misconduct "demonstrates that the person is unlikely to be rehabilitated during the remaining period of juvenile jurisdiction."

From the above, it appears that there's still hope they will receive adult sentencing even if they're tried in juvenile court.

I guess I jumped the gun on getting excited about how this works.
Doing some more research, I found this article regarding a very heinous crime that a 15 year old Ohio youth committed and received a blended sentence.
www.19actionnews.com...

Because the Juvenile Court found Jones amenable to rehabilitation, thus retaining jurisdiction, Jones will receive a blended sentence of adult and juvenile sentences.

His adult sentence will be stayed provided he successfully completes his juvenile sentence, during which he will be housed at the Department of Youth Services.

It seems as though Ohio laws need restructuring as well as a whole new team of prosecutors. This guy sodomized his three year old sister and she died from an infection caused by the rape. This sicko should've been tried as an adult NOT a juvenile. The fact that this monster raped and indirectly murdered his sister and STILL tried as a juvenile proves that the Ohio prosecuter's office needs revamping. The blended sentencing should not have applied to this sick monster and it is abhorrant that he can successfully complete his juvenile sentencing to avoid the adult punishment.

Edit to Add:
HEY OHIO PROSECUTORS! WHAT ABOUT THIS MONSTER CAUSED YOU TO BELIEVE HE WAS CAPABLE OF BEING REHABILITATED?!?!?!!?

Edit to Add: Here is the website of the Prosecutor involved in the above linked case.
www.co.summit.oh.us...
edit on 6-1-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

OK, fair enough. But how does letting the criminal go, help anyone?

Beyond 12, you know that abusing another person is wrong.

The basis of law is right and wrong.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I'm not saying they should be let go. I'm simply agreeing that if the corrupt justice system doesn't make sure they're prosecuted to the full extent of the law that society should make sure they are punished.
Our public officials take an oath to protect us from terrorists foreign and domestic. These rapists are domestic terrorists and our officials are responsible to make sure they are all brought to justice. The guys who made that flyer listing ways to get away with rape are also domestic terrorists, yet the officials decide that they only have to take a class. There is something very wrong with the officials in Ohio.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

"What you and others ignore is that little protection we call innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not public opinion. The female in this case is a victim, no arguments there.. The kids involved are suspects, and again no issues there either. "

this is a great argument. WHEN THERE IS NO EVIDENCE lol.

If there is a video clearly showing a father/ mother smashing their kids head into the pavement, you don't wait for trial to see if they were really doing it before you take the kids away, now do you? rofl you don't need 500 witness, don't need testimonies don't need anything when its right there in front of your face in picture and in video. Why do you think there are 500 million surveillance cameras world wide.. TO OBTAIN EVIDENCE lol

Now granted with a technology today anything can be manipulated especially if its a high profile banking fraud case. But when you have several different views, twitter updates and probably face book high fives IM pretty damn sure that's all the evidence you need. I don't care if 500000 people from a courtroom "Say nope they are innocent" when I have video twitter and facebook updates stating the complete opposite from their own words.

So one really has to wonder why that is even implemented in the first place. Basically so on high profile cases they can throw out what ever they want or interpretate things how they want. That's why law is written in such vague terms. So that the can interpretive "per" case. As in two people commit same crime. One is rich and wealthy and the other a poor person with no future. The rich guys case will be interpreted differently because he will pay more in taxes than the other guy will make in entire life and get off while the other guy will serve time for better part of life.

Let alone now we cant even trust the dna aspect of a trial either as is the case in Mass. where the technician purposely fixed lab results and or just made stuff up. hundreds are being let go now and thousands await re-trail or release. the entire system is f'd up. so if there is a video showing a crime. i dont care if 50000000 people saw it first. it doesnt change the face in video, doesnt change the fact they are in a video commiting crime. thats why there are laws in most states against recording officials under "wiretapping clause" because once its on video you are caught RED HANDED and you can make as many excuses as you want it wont change the facts when its caught on camera.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

This is why so many men get away with date rape and other kinds of rape, every day, because the legal system blames the victim.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The first useful thing Anonymous has done, IMHO.

QV.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Has anyone read anything about the drugs?
My understanding is they slipped a roofie into her drink
and I've not seen any charges concerning illegal drug use,
Last time I checked drinking with drugs of any kind can be
fatal,why isn't someone being held accountable for that?

If you or anyone has found the official charges are please post the link

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamOver

It doesn't look like they cared about being careful. So with any luck, she went to the hospital and had a rape kit done. They will see the injuries and have dna evidence.

The one twitter sickens me:

*no one sleeps through a wang in the butthole*

Most likely this girl was very, very hurt.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by qvision
The first useful thing Anonymous has done, IMHO.

QV.

"You would be wise not to shield the guilty."

Love it.

Have they released the personal information yet?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by AdamOver
When a crime is seen being committed with video/audio and picture evidence. So what if the public saw them first.
That does not change their contents nor intent.

Actually it does, whether you like it or not.

What you and others ignore is that little protection we call innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not public opinion. The female in this case is a victim, no arguments there.. The kids involved are suspects, and again no issues there either.

By releasing this type of info it not only can prejudice the jury pool, it opens the door for a mistrial / acquittal.

Its bad enough what this girl went through.. Do you want to be the one who has to explain to her that they cant stand trial because of a technicality?

Once the first person is officaly seated on a jury / offical depositions occur, double jeopardy attaches. That means the PA cannot refile the same charges against them unless they obtain new evidence that is not connected to the video.
but if they are being tried as juviniles there is no jury...correct?
so seeing the video is neither here nor there

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
At this point I would enjoy seeing some mob justice come down on the town. All those involved with the harm done to this girl and those protecting them would be made a public example of. No amount of money should protect people like this. They should not have the right to do as they please with those they see as lesser beings. They should be on the recieving end of some severe and damaging punishment.

Raist

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomviolins
reply to post by Aquarius2150

Thank you for bringing up the subject, which obviously has a lot of interest. Forgive me for waxing philosophical, but do you think a position on this issue should be preceded by one's definition of "rape"? Do you think if that may be necessary, then doesn't the problem include how we define rape, as a culture?

Why would one need to redefine rape? It is pretty clear cut and concise as to what it is....

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
No one is talking about the other rape mentioned in the video.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
No one is talking about the other rape mentioned in the video.

In the video? If it was talked about I had to of missed it somehow. I was so sickened and angry at what I was hearing I suppose it could happen.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What an principle - people being aware of evidence some how invalidates it.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join