It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers leak video of Steubenville, Ohio Rape case.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Some guy at the rally using it for a soapbox on anti-abortion. Sounds like he is not a big hit with the crowd.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

No I hadn't read that story about the 14 year old girl yet and thanks for linking me to it. I can certainly see how Anon's support as well as everyone else's is going to give other victims the courage to step forth. This could get huge!
Also, you beat me to the punch on posting the City's damage control FACTS sheet.

I'm glad you noticed the same thing I did....It just seemed odd to me that they would put out information about the authorities and their roles/ties in the community before they would discuss the actual FACTS of the case.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

From the article about the latest girl to come forward,

This comes on the heels of another rape case several weeks ago in Steubenville where a 16 year old was allegedly raped at a party. Two teens are behind bars charged with the rape and kidnapping of that young girl.

Police are not saying whether these cases are related because at this point the investigation has just begun.

So, I guess they have been charged with kidnapping after all? That would certainly be a great thing since I heard these charges had been dropped. During the Roseanne Barr interview, they discussed the fact that the girl was taken across state lines, so this would be considered sex trafficking and the FBI might have to get involved at this point.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Some guy at the rally using it for a soapbox on anti-abortion. Sounds like he is not a big hit with the crowd.

I'm not surprised that this event would inspire these types of people to attend. Rapes can result in pregnancy and we did just have that whole fiasco where that Senator (?) said that God intended for the rape and a child to result. I don't remember what dumb bass said this, but I'm sure you and others know what I'm referring to.

link   

You're welcome!
Here's the Official Steubenville Facts page brought to you by the Steubenville City and LE Officials.
steubenvillefacts.squarespace.com...
It appears that they're really running some damage control and want everyone to know which of their kids do and don't attend the Steubenville schools.

All that report looked like to me is an attempt to protect the community for the actions of "the few". Which is in itself a joke, anyone with any reasoning skills whatsoever knows that the community that the accused grew up in plays a part in how they were raised. Not everybody in the community is guilty of course, but the ones that tried to cover up evidence and "convince" people to remain quiet most certainly are. I would have had more respect had they acknowledged the problem, rather than try and limit the negative outlook.

link   

My connection is too slow right now to watch any live streaming....anything thing else of interest happening? I would appreciate any worthy updates if you are able.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

This comes on the heels of another rape case several weeks ago in Steubenville where a 16 year old was allegedly raped at a party. Two teens are behind bars charged with the rape and kidnapping of that young girl.

Police are not saying whether these cases are related because at this point the investigation has just begun.

So, I guess they have been charged with kidnapping after all? That would certainly be a great thing since I heard these charges had been dropped. During the Roseanne Barr interview, they discussed the fact that the girl was taken across state lines, so this would be considered sex trafficking and the FBI might have to get involved at this point.

I don't know...my understanding is that they were dropped????

Wouldn't it be big news at this point if they added the charges again.....can they even do that I wonder?

Seems like I read that the boys involved drove her home and since she lived in WVA, that would be crossing state lines. That alone would warrant FBI involvement wouldn't it?
edit on 5-1-2013 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2013 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I grew up in Indiana, and trust me, in those smaller towns a lot of things get whitewashed all of the time. Crooked cops, judges, prosecutors. Sad to say, but the cover-up of these incidents don't surprise me.
I genuinely feel for the victim(s) and their parent(s). This is a horrible thing to have to go through.
I predict that this will rank right up there with all of the Penn State / Jerry Sandusky cover-up activities.
If the prosecutor's kid is involved, she should automatically be recused from any involvement in the case.
As for the "rape crew"? My recommendation for their punishment really shouldn't be verbalized here, and I will leave it to your imagination to fill in the blanks.

These types of communities have a very small, closed loop of insiders who control things most of the time.
I'm not trying to politicize this in any way, but if this had been an incident of say, gay bashing or other similar types of bullying and/or violence, it would have been even further off of the radar than it was.

I applaude Anonymous for their actions.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A woman just got done stating that she is a victim of rape and is now a survivor after years of healing. She stated that rapists should be prosecuted just as murderers since they also take people's lives. She also stated that EVERY town is corrupt and not just Steubenville. This is so true and I'm glad she brought this up.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I go in at the end.

Sheriff repeating his 'it's disgusting video' words. He stands against child abuse.

Sheriff said he didn't see video until jan 2 but it seems investigators had seen it. (Some sheriff.)

Then some guy got on a crusade of his own life and how great the police are. Abortion is the reason there are problems. I quit listening....

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

I don't know...my understand is that they were dropped????

Wouldn't it be big news at this point if they added the charges again.....can they even do that I wonder?

I would not be surprised, my guess is that with all the attention the case is now getting and being under a microscope, not to mention the fact that hollywood celebrities (okay, Rosie O'Donnell...I use the term loosely lol) getting involved you will see a whole lot more being objective. When it comes down to it I am sure that the people that tried to cover this up value thier careers and livelyhood above all else.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

A woman just got done stating that she is a victim of rape and is now a survivor after years of healing. She stated that rapists should be prosecuted just as murderers since they also take people's lives. She also stated that EVERY town is corrupt and not just Steubenville. This is so true and I'm glad she brought this up.

That's the thing that some fail to understand...it does take away a life in many ways.

After something like this happens, the victim will never be the person they were before it happened...that "life" is gone.

The victims live a new life based on before "it" happened and after "it" happened. They become almost two people in some ways but, are forced to live the new life forced upon them. Hopefully that makes sense.

She is correct about every town being corrupt...hell, the whole world seems to be.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I go in at the end.

Sheriff repeating his 'it's disgusting video' words. He stands against child abuse.

Sheriff said he didn't see video until jan 2 but it seems investigators had seen it. (Some sheriff.)

Then some guy got on a crusade of his own life and how great the police are. Abortion is the reason there are problems. I quit listening....

The sherrif is seriously saying he just saw the video 3 days ago!!!!!

Seriously????

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

your probably right but I don't think this is the only time they have done this,the guy is way too comfortable
talking and bragging about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I go in at the end.

lol, yeah when someone started on a rant against abortion that is probably where I would stop listening also. It makes me sad that people will try and use this to pump a personal agenda. This is a case of rape in a small community being covered up and ignored....ffs talk about that!! Don't try and use this to promote personal views on Abortion, guns or any other agenda that has nothing to do with this! Gotta love the people that try and deflect from the actual issue at hand

edit on 5-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: clarification

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm wondering if anyone here has legal knowledge....is it possible for the kidnapping charges to be reinstated?

Also, is it legally possible for the charges to be reinstated as adult as opposed to juvenile?

I'll try to see what I can find but, hopefully someone here may already have an answer.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The sherrif is seriously saying he just saw the video 3 days ago!!!!! Seriously????

This what he said. The crowd boo'ed.

One would think he would be more into the investigation, Given his stance on abuse. (He said he even has a bumper sticker about reporting abuse on his car)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by Afterthought

your probably right but I don't think this is the only time they have done this,the guy is way too comfortable
talking and bragging about it.

I don't think this was his first sex crime either. He's got a warped mind from something that he was exposed to a long time ago either from his parents or their connections. Somewhere he developed a taste for perversion because you can easily see in the video how excited he's becoming just thinking and joking about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerkyBeer
reply to post by TWILITE22

The sh#t part of it is, that these types of people lack the empathy or basic emotional capacity
To feel shame or regret. They're literally psychopaths. The parents and the kids the created.

The can feel only shallow emotions like, "I'm the best", "shes hot", "kei$has a great singer",
" i like rape, it feels good". These types really can't FEEEELLLLL at at. A former neighbor of mine
Had one of THOSE personalities, guess what??? His mommy was a successful ceo B#.
It's in their dna. Don't led anyone on that footballteam breed.
yes I come out of my little safe world I live in and get a dose of reality and realise that some people don't have emotions,I'll never understand it.

although I know it won't legally happen,the parents(all adults involved that did nothing) should be held accountable with something,...anything

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric
I'm wondering if anyone here has legal knowledge....is it possible for the kidnapping charges to be reinstated?

Also, is it legally possible for the charges to be reinstated as adult as opposed to juvenile?

I'll try to see what I can find but, hopefully someone here may already have an answer.

I honestly don't know, not by any means a lawyer. I would think that charges can be added or dropped though right up until the case actually goes to court. Even if they don't you can bet that if there are other victims that come forward that the accused are involved with that there would be a lot more pressure to see them get charges that are not a slap on the wrist due to all the media attention now.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join