It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers leak video of Steubenville, Ohio Rape case.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Local reaction to rape

If you click on the comments section, you'll see how ppl who LIVE HERE really feel.

You'll notice a lack of cheerleaders and lack of endorsements supporting the sheriff or other officials in this town.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

Nobody here is judging your town as a whole

If you bother reading through the posts you'll see I've contacted national newspapers and the BBC to see if they will give coverage to it. It may not be much but it's the best I could do from thousands of miles away.

Thanks for link by the way it's brilliant to read.

edit on 5-1-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius2150

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Aquarius2150

S+F. Havent even heard about this until now. Send this to the top of ATS.

So the webmaster for a fan site, James “Jim” Parks, had pictures of another rape victim, Savannah Dietrich? WTF?

As it turns out, her rape case was also covered-up...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 4-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Good find, this damn town sounds like one big cover up! I want this to be the top story on every news outlet there is by noon today and then send in the real police arrest all these spineless punks and charge them accordingly.

The woman (victim) the first person was talking about was raped in KY. Don't know/care WHY this sicko has pics of her on his pc (if its true) but the response implies that that rape also happened here. (Otherwise why mention a cover up?)

Originally posted by roadgravel

Originally posted by Aquarius2150
reply to post by roadgravel

I'm agreeing with you.

OK, I just thought the face palm said otherwise.

This town defending this event says much about the people that reside there.

This is where I stopped reading. These are the ppl I was addressing, so it's clearly NOT in my head. Fair enough? ok then.
edit on 5-1-2013 by schadenfreude because: clarification

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by schadenfreude

Nobody here is judging your town as a whole

If you bother reading through the posts you'll see I've contacted national newspapers and the BBC to see if they will give coverage to it. It may not be much but it's the best I could do from thousands of miles away.

Thanks for link by the way it's brilliant to read.

I am.

Their town sux

Would anyone want to move there with their daughter after hearing this story?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I'm sorry, and how many ppl have you "brought to justice" with "extreme prejudice"?

obvious ITG is obvious.

Solve many local crimes & corruption where you live?

Thought so.

Is your neighborhood shown in black & white still, where Wolly & 'the beav" still live?

ok then, i'm out. had enough haterade.

so much for not labeling a group of ppl based on the actions of a few.

out.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I'm a fairy and my names nuff
Fairynuff

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I see that this thread has degraded in the quality of the discussion again.

Lets see if we can get it back on track

The other rape victim is [SNIP]. She was threatened with charges for revealing the names of her rapists on social media in violation of a judges gag order.

She names her rapists as [SNIP] and Austin [SNIP].

What I would like to do is track down the facts of this case and what court the case was heard in.

Tired of Control Freaks
edit on 1/5/2013 by kosmicjack because: removed personal info of victim and those not yet charged with a crime

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

link   
A person is either part of the problem, or part of the solution, and well...there is the part that just doesn't care if it is not directly affected.

Nothing like being apathetic because "that's the way it has always been' here

link   
Yeah, I got this new vid from in my email tonight. Are you TheAnonMessage? If so, I must say, you need to spend a lot more time on content rather than theatrics. You could have just delivered the message point blank. That said, I don't think it is particularly noble to ask others to stand up against rape when it is a sure thing that most are not for it. How about asking others to stand up against abuse of YouTube?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

If you bother reading the first page this has already been mentioned.
Maybe justice could be done for her as well now.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There is also a site where anonymous posts the names of the football rape crew. I saw but now can't find it. Can someone help me? I would like to know if [SNIP] and [SNIP] are part of the rape crew.

Everyone please note: The rape crew consists of just a few name (about 8). The football team has dozens of members.

It would be a horrid injustice if anyone were to brand the entire team as rapists. We are, afterall, talking about kids here.

Further, from the interview with the Sheriff where he threatens the hacker and his family, I would not hesitate to suggest, very openly that the people in Steubenville were probably too terrified and bullied to stand up for the victim.

Its isn't up to us to judge a whole town for the actions of a very few. We don't have to live there or try to raise our families there, or try to make a living there.

I am confident that the bullying didn't start all at once and the people didn't start backing down all at once. This has been a 30 year process. Image what living in fear is like and have a little compassion.

Tired of Control Freaks
edit on 1/5/2013 by kosmicjack because: removed personal info of those not yet charged

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

All the more reason to take the scum down.
If the locals can't do it maybe this kind of thread and outrage can

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Agreed. If this is really happening (so far we are only dealing with allegations), then the townspeople deserve our help in dealing with the corruption.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

This whole thing is just making me sick, literally, to my stomach. I hadn't heard of it until last evening, and I'll be forever sorry that I watched that video. Some things, you can never unsee.

I may have missed it, but are there indications that people are looking into all the boys in that video? It was obvious to me that the kid holding the camera was enjoying the show as much as the kid being filmed. I think he said that he would watch this video repeatedly because it was so funny. And when the guy on camera said something this filmer thought was worthy of repetition, he called the attention of other people there to it. I see the person filming as being just as sick, or more so, than the one on camera.

And who were the others at this party? Was the victim there in the other room? Why did no one help her? Where were the adult parents?

How does an assistant coach get away with letting the team members party with drugs and alcohol at his home? Or even party at his home at all? As an educator for 25 years, I know this behavior would never be acceptable in most schools, unless it was a party to which parents of students were attending as well. As a coach or educator, you do NOT have parties with underage students in your home. Ever. How and when did that change?

How does a prosecutor who has a son on the team, and possibly knowing about or involved with this crime, even begin to advise the victims not to press charges or come forward? Later, she recused herself, but weren't her actions illegal?

It just stinks. I feel so horrible for that poor girl. You cannot have consensual sex when you have been drugged unconscious. And ALL of the parties involved are culpable in her victimization.

2 kids being charged as minors is a pathetic response to the horrors of this entire incident. Surely, there is better justice for these horrific atrocities committed against this poor young woman.
edit on 5-1-2013 by JustSlowlyBackAway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

Thank you for the file. Much appreciated! But it would have been better to delete attatchments. Let´s look what we can do against the scum.
edit on 5-1-2013 by StareDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I'm gonna go ahead and judge the town as a whole.

THEY elected the Sheriff, they go too the high school football games. They go to the bars that
Feed these kids alcohol, they propped up these rapists to be heros.

Isn't there only 20,000 people in this town???? Common, thats like the size of most gated
Communities around here. Hell, there were 4,000+ in my high school alone.

It's the rapists fault, the footfall teams fault, the coaches, the parents, the boosters, the teachers,
School board of directors, local law enforcement (or lack of it), town leaders/mentors (or lack
of them), and the town as a whole.

These kids attitudes came from a LIFETIME of learning how too be that way, and everyone that
Had a part in ALL OF Those kids lives, is in some way responsible.

this is a small town, bigtime highschool football team. The whole town knows these kids, they
Are responsible. That's just my 2 cents anyways.
edit on 5-1-2013 by JerkyBeer because: spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

In this case Never back away

I'll be interested to see the protest responce

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Al Jazera English is going to be reporting from the protest. I wonder why American news in not shining as much light on this whole case.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join