It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers leak video of Steubenville, Ohio Rape case.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JAK

I was under the impression that people were being prevented from linking to LocalLeaks. Apologies if I'm mistaken.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Thank you. But must ask in this case being a 16-15 year old girl is brutally raped many many times, is that the right thing to do? (That is up hold the ats T&C's? Just asking)

I love ats don't get me wrong I LOVE every bit and part of it. But in this case.... Shouldn't WE as a community come together and take out a super evil? AVENGERS style.

I'm just confused and don't know where to go from here...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius2150
reply to post by JAK

Thank you. But must ask in this case being a 16-15 year old girl is brutally raped many many times, is that the right thing to do? (That is up hold the ats T&C's? Just asking)

I love ats don't get me wrong I LOVE every bit and part of it. But in this case.... Shouldn't WE as a community come together and take out a super evil? AVENGERS style.

I'm just confused and don't know where to go from here...

I'm from Ohio myself so this story touches home for me. The most disgusting part of all of this is the cover-up by these officials. You're just teaching the future generations of football players that if they do something like this, they have a means to get away with it. "If you're in a position of power, the law doesn't apply to you"

Since we can't petition, I'd recommend spreading this topic via Word of Mouth to any and all who will listen. The next person you run into, ask them if they're familiar with the story then have a discussion about it. I know I will be.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

Gotta agree
Some things should be larger than the T's&C's

JAK

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
[reply to post by ElijahWan

Not sure if that's an issue that I am unaware of or not (as you can imagine things are quite busy at the mo) but now that question has been asked I'll try to look into it for you.

In the meantime everyone please remember you are welcome to contact staff at any time for clarification on any issue via the alert feature, direct U2U or the complaint/suggestion feature available in the membercenter.

Staff are here to try and help ATS; that means everyone on any issue. Give us a shout if you think we might be able to help anywhere.

edit on 5/1/13 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Shouldn't they??? I think so. But who am I do decide such things?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Thank you Jak.

But is this really a complaint issue? I am talking more of a Call To Action

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Thanks for taking the time to post JAK
But I'm still with the OP on this one

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

Anyone that reads this will now understand why:
I yell at people who say stupid things like "you got raped" over video games.

It's a pretty sad thing that the word rape becomes an insult in our culture rather than something that describes something horrific. I vomit anytime someone uses it competitively. And look where were at, some jock football player making jokes about a rape victim being raped.

They deserve a bullet in the head. It's a shame they won't get it. One of the few times I hope someone actually gets raped in jail. It might be hypocritical to say that, but I don't really care. Anyone who's comitted rape should know the hell they've caused someone else.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Fox, Breaking News:

Investigators in Ohio prep athletes' rape case had video before it added to social media furor

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

I think your cause got legs. Good Job.

JAK

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by W0mbat

I am trying to look into this for everyone and while I'm spending my time attempting to do so jibes towards ATS or me are not appreciated.

Stick to the topic now please.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Thanks for the heads up

Way to go Aquarius you see you did make a difference

Well done on the OP and thanks for taking the time to post it.

In fact well done to all who participated and well done JAK for all your hard work on this.
Lets keep it going guys.
edit on 5-1-2013 by cody599 because: crap typing as usual

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
From a link on the vimeo website I have found this petition to the head of the school, if you feel incensed by what you have read here then you might consider signing this. I already have done so:

Mod Note: Recruitment and Solicitation - Please Review This LInk
edit on 1/5/2013 by kosmicjack because: link to petition removed

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
reply to post by W0mbat

I am trying to look into this for everyone and while I spending my time attempting to do so jibes towards ATS or me are not appreciated.

Stick to the topic now please.

Jak,Thank you very much for your work and your timely response.For myself,I just want to understand what the boundaries are,and still be able to post helpful information about this ongoing news story.

Now--Beyond that,seems that Fox News may have finally posted something I can get onboard with.I am hoping that since this story has gone more mainstream,that more places will start digging things up.It takes what it takes.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think the OP and some others here need to check their brakes about condemning everyone that lives here in Steubenville. Might be you don't know every damn thing you think you do.

I know emotions are running high, and your right, it SUCKS what happened to this girl, but you guys are confusing apathy with reality & the reality is these guys hang together, Everybody knows everybody & your right (whoever was from Steubie) football is BIG here. a big chunk of change goes through the town b/c of big red high school football. (They dedicate 30 minutes every friday to it on News 9, the local channel. (Least they did when I had a tv years ago.)

Let me clue you in on something that happened here about 15-20 years ago. I had an acquaintance who worked with the FBI when their office was in the SS building on 5th ST. They had TONS of papers on Sheriff Abdalla, he still won the case. THEN, to add insult to injury, he asked the Jefferson county taxpayers to pay his legal fees, and guess what? He got his check. (This was a long time ago, but I'm fairly certain it went down just like this)

Point is, we KNOW how it looks, we know how it works, and the difference between you and us is we have to live here. We don't like it any better than anyone else. If you "know ppl" you can get away with quite a bit here, and several have. (I aint about to crap where I eat tyvm.)

So take your righteous indignation & shove it where the sun don't shine, just don't lump all of us together, it's unwarranted.

BTW, [SNIP] wasn't raped in Steubenville, OR Ohio, it was in KY tyvm. It's called checking your links. So you had a webmaster who had pictures (allegedly) of this girl from KY, and that one guy is "representative" of this whole town, really?

Group think much?

edit on 1/5/2013 by kosmicjack because: removed name of victim

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I am extremely dissapointed in the community at the moment (not ATS, the place where the rape occured). How can someone get away with something like this? And why did this happen in the first place, the boys look so young, I cannot imagine them raping a woman. And the girl in the picture is unconscious, they are literally dragging her. I can't believe it, why did nobody stop them?

Originally posted by Miraj
One of the few times I hope someone actually gets raped in jail. It might be hypocritical to say that, but I don't really care. Anyone who's comitted rape should know the hell they've caused someone else.

If you think that through (realistically), it would have to be another homo-sexual pedophile who rapes a boy. In my opinion thats never good.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

If it stinks so much.
Rather than attacking us maybe you should be grateful for the indignation shown here, you might know how it is and accept that in your daily life shame on you. Finally a chance to change the status quo and all you can do is say it is what it is

Take heart that others care and want to do something to help

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by schadenfreude

If it stinks so much.
Rather than attacking us maybe you should be grateful for the indignation shown here, you might know how it is and accept that in your daily life shame on you. Finally a chance to change the status quo and all you can do is say it is what it is

Take heart that others care and want to do something to help

how is telling ppl that are making false allegations about an ENTIRE TOWN based on a select few scumbags to get off their righteous indignation "attacking" anybody?

nobody "accepts it" we live with it, unlike you.

as for doing something about it, i'll be at the protest later today, how will you be "helping" on a message board?

thought so.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join