It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers leak video of Steubenville, Ohio Rape case.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
That definitely gives one of those thick sick feelings, because you can tell they are nervous about what went down that night as they talk about it. They might even have been joking in part, to try to make light of something dark they saw.

I do think, however, if the guy cracking jokes didn't do anything to the girl they should make that clear, because having a sick sense of humor doesn't make him equal to the ones that raped her. Then again, they all should have been trying to help her.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Smearing a rape victim is often done for a defense. Hopefully it will not fly this time.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Just wanted to point this out - I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of the video myself (sorry, I have a weak stomach) but Anonymous states that Micheal Nodiamos states in the video that he raped the girl himself.

Tired of control Freaks

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks

Just wanted to point this out - I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of the video myself (sorry, I have a weak stomach) but Anonymous states that Micheal Nodiamos states in the video that he raped the girl himself.

Tired of control Freaks

I didn't watch the whole video either, it got so vile that I stopped watching a little over half way through. That video what I saw was beyond disturbing in the fact that they were very casual about it and seemed like it was some huge joke.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

You know its funny that you should mention that. I earlier watched a video of an interview with someone from the Ohio State Prosecutor's office. He made the point that by posting pictures of the girl (with face blanked out), Anonymous was victimising her again.

Just typical propaganda from lawyers to help their own case. Much like rollredroll calling anonymous terrorists because it outs that site owner.

Absolutely!

You missed the last point though....

This girl knew that all of the videos, pictures and posts would be a part of the case.

According to her family and attorney, she was not aware of what happened past going to her friends house.

So, that night and the events that transpired were pieced together for her by videos, pictures and social media.

These were turned over to the local authorities by her and her family.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I missed him admitting to it. Have the arrested him since the video was released or at least questioned him?

EDIT:
Ok, I watched, it was hard to make out some of the things they were saying with the slurrign and laughing, but at the beginning the guy asks how it was with a dead girl, but later they say and the guy joking says "they raped her" and then goes his less than witty "they raped her" tirade. I heard one guy say they raped her and ask "did you do it" and he ignores that question. Later they say "dude he raped a girl" and then "trent and malik raped a girl," so I don't think the guy making the jokes raped the girl. Then the guys off camera start talking about beating up the guys that raped the girl, and joke about going in and beating them up while they were raping her. I am not making excuses for the guy, all of them are guilty for not helping her, but they talk about it as if it's something they saw and they weren't involved physically (but they were involved in the sense that they didn't help of course). Just trying to make out what I hear.

Regardless, anyone that saw her and didn't take her to the hospital should be taken in and charged.
edit on 4-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

I know that it is the human thing to think that you (I mean the generic you, not you specifically) would have acted differently in the situation. And maybe you would have!

But, in this context, in a group of high school students, drunk at a party, it would take an awful lot of courage to stand against the group and rescue the girl. It would have meant social ostracization and possibly a heck of a beating.

I don't believe that people of this age group of fully developed adults and probably didn't know how to react properly. For this reason, I personally am not going to judge them too harshly.

How many of us, at that age, watched someone being bullied and didn't help. This isn't much different.

I am far more interested in the behavior of the adults after this situation. Kudos to the parents for going to police!
Tired of Control Freaks.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Eh.. I would guarantee there are older people at the party (who bought the booze?), but even then I can honestly say in my highschool days (which aren't too far in the past, 8 years I think) someone would have stepped in, and if I was there I would have spoken up. No one I know would let guys have there way with an unconscious girl, even if all the guys were frenzied, was there not one girl there that thought "hmm what if that was me, maybe I should put this drink down They definitely should be brought in and questioned as to why they didn't act.

I don't think age is a proper excuse, and if it is, then kids these days need some education.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

I know that it is the human thing to think that you (I mean the generic you, not you specifically) would have acted differently in the situation. And maybe you would have!

But, in this context, in a group of high school students, drunk at a party, it would take an awful lot of courage to stand against the group and rescue the girl. It would have meant social ostracization and possibly a heck of a beating.

I don't believe that people of this age group of fully developed adults and probably didn't know how to react properly. For this reason, I personally am not going to judge them too harshly.

How many of us, at that age, watched someone being bullied and didn't help. This isn't much different.

I am far more interested in the behavior of the adults after this situation. Kudos to the parents for going to police!
Tired of Control Freaks.

Personally I was the one that used to get bullied, maybe that is why I have the perspective that I do, by the time I got to a point of not being bullied (around 10th grade), if I saw someone else getting picked on I would try to persuade the people doing the teasing to lay off. That being said, there is a huge difference between someone getting bullied and a girl being raped and then the act being laughed at.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

Tired of Control Freaks.

I don't think it should take courage.....It should take Character.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Uhm...these are kids around what age? 16-18 right? Every single person I knew when I was around that age (97-99) knew that this kind of crime was a death wish..it still is and trust me if me or any of my friends around that time would've witnessed anything like that heads would've got chopped. Well...not literally but I'm from Iceland and we're original vikings and we do protect our ladies. There is absolutely NO reason for people at whatever age to witness rape AND NOT TELL ABOUT IT. If you do you're guilty by association as far as I'm concerned and you're also giving your OK on it.

There is no reason why one of those kids couldn't have called the popo on those scumbags really.....It Happened In 2012 after all. I'm pretty sure these spoiled kids owned cellphones. Also, if the cops in Shelbyville (yep thats what I'm calling this town from now on!) is so corrupted why not call the cops in the next town and tell THEM? and also have them arrest this #ty sheriff who's been dominating the town for close to 3 decades?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verse

Uhm...these are kids around what age? 16-18 right? Every single person I knew when I was around that age (97-99) knew that this kind of crime was a death wish..it still is and trust me if me or any of my friends around that time would've witnessed anything like that heads would've got chopped. Well...not literally but I'm from Iceland and we're original vikings and we do protect our ladies. There is absolutely NO reason for people at whatever age to witness rape AND NOT TELL ABOUT IT. If you do you're guilty by association as far as I'm concerned and you're also giving your OK on it.

I agree with you up to this point in your post 100% spot on. I am a bit older and was that age around (90-92).

There is no reason why one of those kids couldn't have called the popo on those scumbags really.....It Happened In 2012 after all. I'm pretty sure these spoiled kids owned cellphones. Also, if the cops in Shelbyville (yep thats what I'm calling this town from now on!) is so corrupted why not call the cops in the next town and tell THEM? and also have them arrest this #ty sheriff who's been dominating the town for close to 3 decades?

This is where I disagree, while they could have called the local police before it happened (and should have) it most probably would have prevented it from happening right then, but this was a time bomb waiting to happen at some point in time. I fear they may have gotten a slap on the wrist if outed to the local police and could have next time commited murder instead of rape even on her and possibly sought revenge of a brutal nature on whomever ratted them out. Telling cops in a neighboring town wouldn't do jack squat as it is outside thier jurisdiction.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: format

edit on 4-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Seems that good old Fred Abdalla is going after the group that let this out.

Abdalla also claimed to know the identity of the person leading the online effort.

"I'll deal with that at another time," said Abdalla. "I know where he lives. I know his name, his mother's name, his father's name, his brother's name."

link below
Sheriff to Anonymous hacker: 'I'm coming after you'

That's how corruption works up there.
He is upset that it's being shown he hasn't done his job.

I think he should be put on leave till it is shown just how much he was involved in keeping this under wraps.
edit on 1/5/2013 by Connman because: fixed link

edit on 1/5/2013 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

That's a total threat. "I know his name, his mothers name, his fathers name, etc." What is the relevence of knowing his families name except for intimidation and an implied threat.

Fire him.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

Originally posted by Verse

I agree with you up to this point in your post 100% spot on. I am a bit older and was that age around (90-92).

This is where I disagree, while they could have called the local police before it happened it may have prevented it from happening right then, but this was a time bomb waiting to happen at some point in time, maybe next time being murder instead of rape even. Telling cops in a neighboring town wouldn't do jack squat as it is outside thier jurisdiction.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: format

Thanks , yeah... that could definitely be true. Of course the cops in a different jurisdiction don't have a say in the laws of this town..but that's more of an afterthought imo. The witnesses shouldn't have to be thinking like that, they should be able to trust their own damn authority. That's why I'm actually even more glad ANON did what they did because the local police could not be trusted in this town. Can you believe this guy has been a sheriff for close to 30 years. This story has so many layers it's unbelievable...
edit on 4-1-2013 by Verse because: (no reason given)

actually just saw your edit and I 100% agree. They might have gotten away with it this time easily and nothing would've been done, these guys just seemed like trouble...that's true. It was indeed like a time bomb, plus you never know what these kinda #heads do...i mean they already rape, whats to stop them from a murder?

edit on 5-1-2013 by Verse because: cause of edit!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Just think about all the other heinous, indescribably rotten things this guy has likely done over the thirty year span of his career! You don't just one day wake up at fifty years old and decide you want to take up being a scum. Somebody needs to investigate these "law enforcers" maybe the FBI.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

It's worth noting in that article he said that the idiot in the video posted here making the jokes wasn't at the location, but I have to say, despite the guys in the video talking about others raping her and none of them sounding like they really were involved to much extent, they do sound like they witnessed it. So that casts a little doubt for me on how well the investigation is going.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983
Just think about all the other heinous, indescribably rotten things this guy has likely done over the thirty year span of his career! You don't just one day wake up at fifty years old and decide you want to take up being a scum. Somebody needs to investigate these "law enforcers" maybe the FBI.

I actually had that thought as well, wondering if he was corrupt the full 30 years or if it was a slow corruption over time.

Someone should investigate the corruption in all law enforcement bodies, but it should be an outside source. Law Enforcement have a reputation (deservedly or not) of looking out for thier own. That and I would not trust some federal agencies with investigating my cats litter box let alone other agencies.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
All these acts and Mr. Nodiano's comments are certainly deplorable, and in another context would be funny, but I think the real criminals here are these hacker syndicates serving vigilante justice.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
All these acts and Mr. Nodiano's comments are certainly deplorable, and in another context would be funny, but I think the real criminals here are these hacker syndicates serving vigilante justice.

There is nothing funny about his comments in any context!
I don't always agree with what Anon does, in this case however it was necessary! If they did nothing then they would have gotten away scot free and the victim would have gotten absolutely no justice whatsoever

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join