It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARK HEART : The shocking truth about hidden britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I all,

Just thought that i would like to share with you, a book written by an investigative journalist called Nick Davies :

DARK HEART : The shocking truth about hidden britain :

www.goodreads.com...

I purchased this book way back in 1998 when it first came out and was utterly astounded by the work that the author purtrayed during his investigations into writing this.

After reading it over and over again many questions concerning the actual society that we lived (and still live in) were answered. Personally i believe that this book not only shows how things were and are still happening in Britain but also in many other countries throughout our so called "civilised" world

Anyone who has read this book i would love to read your constructive comments and thoughts?

Reviews

"A most powerful and harrowing piece of investigative journalism....It takes a very brave and persistent reporter to reach the hidden part of Britain that Davies has chosen to explore."
Peregrine Worsthorne, New Statesman

"This book should be required reading.... It will shock many to the quick, that all this could be happening under their noses."
Jack Straw, The Guardian

"He describes what he sees and hears with exemplary clarity, neither pulling punches nor exaggerating... Read him to discover how dreadful a country much of Britain has become."
Theodore Dalrymple, Sunday Telegraph

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Thanks for the info.

Just about to take a trip to my local library to collect this book.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Enjoy the read,

The book will be following you all over your house until you have put it down

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

An earlier book of that kind is Our Hidden Lives: The Remarkable Diaries of Post-War Britain, by Simon Garfield. It contains the daily diary entries of 2 women and 3 men during the years 1945-1948. When I've finished that one, I'll look for Dark Hearts ... quite a cultural change in most countries from the postwar years to now.

Our Hidden Lives was first published in 2004 by Random House. Inquiries about the Mass Observation project which collected these diary entries can be made at:

The Mass-Observation Archive
Special Collections
The Library
University of Sussex
Brighton
BN1 9QL

www.sussex.ac.uk/library/massobs

Here are 2 reader review of Our Hidden Lives from the Librarything website:

www.librarything.com...

edit on 1/22/2013 by Uphill because: Add a link.

top topics

join