It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GT5 historic racing cup cheats me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I got a PS3 for Christmas this year with a copy of Grand Truismo 5 XL Edition.I pretty much completed all of the expert racing events but the historic race car event seems to be the only event that I can't beat and I have a 1970 Chevell SS 454 with over 840 horse power. Before, I tried using a 1966 Jag XJ13 race car with all available modifications and that didn't work. Its as if the game modifies the cars I'm racing against to be able to corner better than me at higher speeds. The problem is the lack of cars that are available with good horse power and handling from that generation. The only other car that I could think of getting to beat that race is the 1970 2J that is rarely in the used car dealership for an unreasonable price of 15,000,000 credits. I just wish that I could use the Red Bull X2011 prototype in the historic race car event, then I can show those guys whose boss! but back to my original question; do opponents in the historic race car cup cheat? and what cars can beat that race? personally I think its a flaw with the tracks they make you race on in that event (to many sharp turns on a small track with faster classic cars) it feels like it should be an extreme event rather than an expert event. its like its virtually unbeatable but maybe its something I'm doing wrong.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Try the Japanese Version. You won't even beat the trials.

Sorry but no clue about the historical race.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure you can win a car in the Spec-B races that you can then modify and use to win the historical race. I believe it's called the Chapparal or somethin like that.. looks like a white wedge with a huuuuge spoiler on the back.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I can't remember which car I used but, here is a forum with a little advice.

GTPlanet.net

You will find lots of advice for all of the events here!

You can add me if you like PSN = iSidious and when I get home from work I can share the Chaparral 2J Race Car '70 for you to borrow, you will win it with ease.

edit on 4/1/2013 by Dabih because: Added PSN ID

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dabih

ok that would be awesome if I could borrow your 2j. I could come up with the 15,000,000 credits but where's the time right? Anyway my PSN user name is bulletmonkey117

top topics

join