It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Test in Precognition - Bicycle Deck of 52 Cards

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Speckle

seven of diamonds

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

Tolerating does not mean I can't help you realize that there is nothing in it, or help you actually prove this fantastic idea, or giving you reasons why you are not telling the truth.

Yeah....you missed it, but okay. I have no reason to lie about anything. The only people who lie are the ones who want fame and popularity. I care about neither.

www.psy.unipd.it...

Telepathy and ESP proven again?
edit on 6-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Speckle

You were a bit late weren't you? xD

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
By the way, what I meant by it doesn't work that way is..

For instance, I was sitting at my neighbor's house yesterday hanging out with him. We were just watching House, the TV show, and chatting. There was a knock at the Door. I blurted out "It's Dad, he's came over here to get something from you." My neighbor just looked at me....

I went to the door and opened it, sure enough there stood my father, who looked incredulously at me when I told him I just knew it was him, and he demanded I tell him how.

"Lots of people knock on the door; how did you know it was me?"

I am 'told' things whenever....I don't have control or a choice in the matter when it happens. A thought will flit through my brain that turns up correct. Right after he left, there was another knock on the door, and I told my neighbor it was the guy from across the street. Sure enough, he had come over to watch a movie with us.

ESP and the like, have a way of working on their own. We do not control it, you do not control it. The only thing anybody can do about it, as I said, is actively try and develop some form of control over it. That doesn't just happen by sitting down at a table, commanding your cup to move, and pronouncing all of it as BS when it doesn't...
edit on 6-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What would be the normal score then for a test to say.....guess the suit? 1/4 chance right?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

That sounds like a pretty simple and basic test. Not bad results, either. Might have to try that one sometime. I am not sure I would call it "precognition", though; could simply be knowing what the card is. Not so much predictive as simply knowing something that, by most standards, you should not be able to know.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I'm trying to find out a 'normal' score for guessing the suits... That is a lot harder in my opinion, but my scores are consistent compared to the 1/2. For instance, with guess the color, I can usually get in the 30's..With guess the suit, I scored 19 correct.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

I'm trying to find out a 'normal' score for guessing the suits... That is a lot harder in my opinion, but my scores are consistent compared to the 1/2. For instance, with guess the color, I can usually get in the 30's..With guess the suit, I scored 19 correct.

For those, I would guess something close to a quarter correct would be average. Anything significantly off of that would be a nice result, in my opinion. Assuming, that is, you want to know without looking.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

So last night, I played a game of guess the suit. 1/4 chance to be correct.

24 correct, 27 wrong...That's the best I've done. Usually on guess the suit, I average around 18-19.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Depending on your method, average score is 13 since there are 13 of each suite. As you stated earlier 1/4 which is .25 in mathematical notation. Multiply 52 by .25 and you get 13.

Now that is a mathematical probability that has a variance which is more important to understand.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

That is what I considered at first. However, I was worried if something like 19 was considered 'significant'.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

So last night, I played a game of guess the suit. 1/4 chance to be correct.

24 correct, 27 wrong...That's the best I've done. Usually on guess the suit, I average around 18-19.

Sounds about like what I got, trying this. Odd thing.....when I simply sped through the deck, eyes closed, placing what I thought was red to the right, and black to the left (sorting after to see what I had wrong), I got better results. Think the best was 34-35. Doing it slowly, was a hair over half, but not enough to be significant, I don't think.

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Depending on your method, average score is 13 since there are 13 of each suite. As you stated earlier 1/4 which is .25 in mathematical notation. Multiply 52 by .25 and you get 13.

Now that is a mathematical probability that has a variance which is more important to understand.

The big question is, for either method, how much over the fraction would be considered "significant"? never did well with cards, though. Anything I get seems to be on a "need to know" sort of basis.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The big question is, for either method, how much over the fraction would be considered "significant"? never did well with cards, though. Anything I get seems to be on a "need to know" sort of basis.

That's what I was thinking! Lol, I was stuck wondering whether or not scores were considered 'significant'. It kinda took me for a brain trip

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

It's kind of fun to play around with, but I am not sure it proves a thing. I figure God gives us what we need, and sometimes that need is information. Unless i was cheating at cards, I can't see a need for that, and I don't think God would support that.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

reply to post by ZetaRediculian

That is what I considered at first. However, I was worried if something like 19 was considered 'significant'.

I play a lot of poker. I understand the math behind it. It's the same math here. Now even though we all understand that, there is always unusual occurrences. Sometimes I can't get a hand and other times I hit everything. It's still math. There is a mathematical probability of getting dealt pocket aces which is 1 out of 221 dealt hands in Texas Holden. Now that doesn't mean that every 221 hands I get pocket aces but on average, after a lot of hands, the math is true. This also accounts for why I got dealt pocket aces back to back one time or AK 3 times in a row.

52 cards is not a lot and because of this it makes for some good games. Getting a high score one time does not equate to anything other than variance.

Perhaps some poker to test your skills against math?
edit on 15-1-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join