It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Seen From Plane

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

honestly, after playing the video a few times, it appears to be a large super tanker with a fog light mounted on it. You can see in the begining of the video it has a ship-like length to it. It looks to be on the ocean surface, seen through a break in the clouds. They seem to be running a bright light on the bow, possibly to increase the chance of their being seen in the weather by other ships. The wing shown at the end of the video, though I cant say for certain, seems to indicate the plane was making a slow banking turn, so the view out the window would have been downward more than normal. Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Okay, this wrestling brother is just a liar or a terrible truth teller.

First he says this:
"My brother just happened to be filming outside his window and what he captured was amazing and shocking..."

Now 44 minutes ago he posted this on his YT channel:
"He snapped pics first than video and I asked why he said plane was moving fast and he only had a few seconds to film before it was out of his window"

This don't need no stinkin' ATS debunking. This just needs a consistently inconsistent brother-spokesperson.

The whole entire ATS community should be in one harmonious agreement that this is a hoax and needs a quick burial in the bin!
edit on 4-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I agree with the poster who thinks it's Christ the Redeemer.

The only reason why people think it's Florida to Philly or it's Spirit airlines is because this is what that poster has said.

We already know that what he says is in doubt due to the stated height of the plane seems incorrect and that there are no flights as described that Spirit airlines charter.

This puts doubt on the Youtube posters whole version of events.

This coupled with the fact that Christ the Redeemer has been a shining blue beacon for the last couple of days and as below the shape of the mountain the Redeemer is on is a very similar shape.......

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

You make fair points, thank you. Still makes it more intriguing that it isn't blinking, but you're right in the fact that one of those lights could not be by some kind of error or technical problem.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by walter kurtz

Yes, it's a plausible explanation. Although, one would imagine the light being more dispersed instead of condensed into a globe.

As for his inconsistencies, yes I believe there are enough to raise doubt, but to immediately shove this into the hoax bin? Not a chance. Let's wait on the flight number.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Hmm, so here are a couple of updates just posted about this from the guy that uploaded it:

The reason it was so quick was this object NEVER moved it was hovering and as you know when your on a plane you only have a certain amount of time to take a pic before its to late and his daughter was trying to look over him too. This was NOT a boat or another plane they were over 30,000 feet in the air.

Red Flag there. He says 30,000 feet in the air. That's a negative, too low (cumulus cloud layer) and too slow (flaps are extended for landing or departure).

edit on 4-1-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

I'm not a pilot and have only been in a plane a half dozen times, I then conclude that I could very well say I was 30,000 feet up in the air. Get me?

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
I'm always highly suspicious of videos which are seconds long.

Now we don't tolerate any of that rational, common-sense, critical thinking around these parts!
If you can't suspend logic at a chance for the golden UFO ring then, please exit from this thread.

(end sarcasm)

Some people just don't grasp debunking-101.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm interested in the Flight Number as well. Should tell us everything.

Very interesting video, indeed!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by weavty1
I'm interested in the Flight Number as well. Should tell us everything.

Very interesting video, indeed!

ATS probably frowns upon gambling but I bet he'll never provide that! Because if he didn't in 6-days, he won't now--now that the heat is on. I wouldn't doubt if he cancels his YT account after this too.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
My friend,

Hmm, so here are a couple of updates just posted about this from the guy that uploaded it:

The reason it was so quick was this object NEVER moved it was hovering and as you know when your on a plane you only have a certain amount of time to take a pic before its to late and his daughter was trying to look over him too. This was NOT a boat or another plane they were over 30,000 feet in the air.

Red Flag there. He says 30,000 feet in the air. That's a negative, too low (cumulus cloud layer) and too slow (flaps are extended for landing or departure).

I'm not a pilot and have only been in a plane a half dozen times, I then conclude that I could very well say I was 30,000 feet up in the air. Get me?

Be safe be well

Spiro

Lonewulph is right:
eo.ucar.edu...

Second picture
edit on 4-1-2013 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

And we have a winner here. The aircraft appears to be a Boeing 757/67 with flaps extended to the approach flap setting of either 5 or 15 degrees (depends upon gross weight) The clouds are low level cumulus mixed with some stratus, so the cloud tops would probably be below 5,000 feet MSL.Everything is consistent with the aircraft being established on an instrument landing system final localizer approach course and not yet having reached the LOM (locater outer marker)where flaps would go to "full" (30 degrees) and the glide slope would be intercepted. The "UFO" could be an aircraft on a paralell ILS approach, which is available at a number of larger airports. Atlanta, for example, has four different sets of paralell ILS approaches. The runways are as close as 3,000 feet from each other. LAX, JFK, LGA, IAD, andCVG have similar situations. Here's a map oL airport. flightaware.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by walter kurtz

When you look at the filtered images that someone posted, you see absolutely NO outlines of the statue. The light coming from the statue would give some sort of outline because it is only light that is reflected off the statue. The filtered images actually depict a glowing light source that is being looked at directly, as opposed to reflected light. If the statue were actually a glowing bulb itself, then this theory would fit.

In addition, the lights on for the statue are pointed upwards and would display light rays shooting upwards, when looked through photo filters. This light displays a geometrical orb, and has an actual shape.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by ModerateSkeptic

Lonewulph is right:
eo.ucar.edu...

Second picture
edit on 4-1-2013 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

My point being, I, like many a member here, doe not know how high you are in the sky unless your some kind of pilot so for all I know, and indeed the guy recording this video, it perhaps thought he was 30,000 feet in the air. For all he knows he could be 3000 feet.

Be safe be well

Spiro
edit on 4-1-2013 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

The "UFO" could be an aircraft on a paralell ILS approach

Wouldn't another aircraft display some sort of movement in relation to the clouds it is poking through?

The object in the video seems to be stationary.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yes.
Not the ship only induced UV and black radiation and some illumination of
the air from a TeslaUFOship above the location, not the ship itself.

Your Welcome.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Maybe the flight went through some strange portal while in the clouds, because the CTR statue and surroundings sure look like a sure fit. I'm going with that (2% chance) instead of UFO (0.0001%), unless of course that statue is on top of a Jesus-type UFO (0.0000001%). Oh I forgot the TR-3 hmmmm (5 %) Then there's the hoax card ( 92.999899998%). These percentages are for amusement purposes only, have fun

edit on 4-1-2013 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Oh and just an FYI about the Christ the Redeemer (Cristo Redentor) statue in Rio de Janeiro....

It is only lit once a year in blue, and that's during the World Autism Awareness Day, on April 2nd... Which, April is also Autism Awareness Month.

From the website, www.lightitupblue.org:

Notable awareness initiatives include the establishment of the annual United Nations-sanctioned World Autism Awareness Day on April 2, which Autism Speaks celebrates through its Light It Up Blue initiative.

Meaning that you would be able to narrow down the flights to just one day, and by flightaware, cross-referencing flight paths in and around the monument's coordinates.... IF this was indeed what was seen out of the airplane window, and was from the footage taken...

However, that is still in question at the moment, pending if a flight number is provided.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
another interesting close up from a frame from the video;

edit on 4/1/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Sorry peeps, i wish this really was an alien craft,

edit on 4-1-2013 by SkuzzleButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkuzzleButt
Sorry peeps, i wish this really was an alien craft,

edit on 4-1-2013 by SkuzzleButt because: (no reason given)

KaBaaammm......looks like we have a winner....

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join